Stand Alone Map View - Multi monitor KSP [1.4.x][Plugin]

Unit327

Version 0.19 has been released. This one is a biggie which fixed a lot of major problems.  Version 0.17 was also released while the forums were down, so I'll just smoosh the whole list of changes here.

• No parts required on client apart from cubic strut, can save ram by deleting them
  • New vessels (from disintegrating ships, undocking) appear without having to reload map view
  • Vessels tracked across surface correctly
  • Vessel crashes on the map view recovered from automatically
  • When vessels get destroyed, the client can remove them without reloading

You can grab it from CKAN, you will still need two KSP installs though (a separate one for the map view).

This will probably be the last release in the "add on development thread", assuming l don't hear of any nasty issues, I'll be officially releasing this thing in the add on releases forum!

Version 0.21 has been released. This fixed a pretty major bug where the external map view wouldn't work in career mode games that don't have maneuver nodes unlocked yet.

Grab it from the first post in the thread or from CKAN.

Edited by Unit327

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 22/2/2016 at 10:27 AM, Bitmouse said:

Hey Guys,

This is crashing for me anytime I land.

The stand alone map makes an explosion sound, as though I crashed, then it keeps going between the actual space map and a black screen and that explosion sound.

Any thoughts?

Hmm I thought I fixed that one. I probably won't be able to work on this for a while, but in situations like this at least you can kill the map view (alt-f4) and start it up again without interrupting the main game at all, and you should be back in business.

1 hour ago, Unit327 said:

Hmm I thought I fixed that one. I probably won't be able to work on this for a while, but in situations like this at least you can kill the map view (alt-f4) and start it up again without interrupting the main game at all, and you should be back in business.

Alt + F4 shuts the game down -_- 

39 minutes ago, Unit327 said:

Yes, that is exactly what you want. The map view is a separate running instance of the game.

Whoops.... my mistake. But it should be common knowledge on how to fix some problems, like the popular phraise: "Have you tried switching it off and on?"

On 2/24/2016 at 6:35 AM, Unit327 said:

Hey, that's what I have been doing.

Thanks for the release and no worries, get to it when you get to it.

So useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And much appreciated. Multi-monitor goodness!!!!

Thanks to any mod makers who may read this.

Bitmouse out

On 2/27/2016 at 2:18 AM, FreeThinker said:

Alright, it seems to work which is realy great, but how to go full screen on both screens?

My guess is you would need to set each window to a borderless window mode.  I am pretty sure there is a link in the OP to instructions.

9 minutes ago, Oakshios said:

My guess is you would need to set each window to a borderless window mode.  I am pretty sure there is a link in the OP to instructions.

On the Op the is a link to PokPok solution but no longer works, fortunately it PokPok solution can be found a few post down which is to use Windows + Shift + Left/Right. This is realy great

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Wadusher said:

For some reason my client is unable to connect to my server, despite them being on the same machine. Apparently the machine is refusing the connection.

http://imgur.com/wSUWsMy
Do any of you know why I'm getting this error? And how do I fix it?

hi all,   great mod !! like it

but i have the same 'refusing connection'   .. someone have a solution ?

cheers !

@Wadusher and @RaendyLeBeau, probably the fact that the mod has not been ported to 1.1.2, so it should not even work.

If you use a mod on an unsupported version you are on your own and there is nothing that you can do other than wait for it to update.

Remember that consistently requesting updates is against the forum rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.