I've always had a fear of Dres.

WindShieIds

Just the idea of going there makes me think that it's going to end up being like that movie prometheus

It's just so barren that you feel like something is watching you, it's even scarier then Moho.

Even though the Kraken is on Bop, you still have that feeling that your lander crew are going to be eaten by a sandwich monster or something.

Edited by WindShieIds

Dres.

First mission: Crashes in Canyon. Survives. Mothership without fuel left in orbit.

Second mission: Due to part clipping fuel dosen't get to the CSM or the bottom of the lander. Thankfully, I was able to return them home.

*shivers* Moho is scary. I've done about 5 missions there. 1 probe orbit, 2 probe flybys, 3 manned missions. It's a pain in the ***

Moho is scary. I have yet to land a kerbal there... I've been to all the other planets (except I haven't had a return from Eve yet, haven't tried) and I haven't landed on any of Jool's moons yet, been waiting until after I land on Moho. I think I've landed on Gilly, but I can't remember, I remember having problems landing unmanned probes on Gilly.

First time I landed on Mun, I couldn't get my Kerbal back into the lander quick enough. I just wanted to GET OUT OF THERE. Since, that feeling has disappeared. I never had it with any other bodies, but then again, I haven't landed Kerbals on every body yet.

sent two missions to dres. First one i landed in the canyon, and tried to drive a rover there. Some quantum kraken physics made it impossible.

second mission was a rescue. let's just say it didnt go well either.

Dres is the most isolated place in the entire kerbol system. moho may be the hardest to get to, but it's closer to eve than dres is to jool or duna.

for this reason, it seems like it would be the best place to test experimental technology. i.e. a kraken drive.

The Mun is my most feared one, it's where I've stranded most Kerbals.

Duna's really creepy, it doesn't hep that the "space music" still plays at that time

Duna is creepy, specially when you can see Ike. Seeing a big immobile rock in the Sky creeps me out. It feels like it's going to fall into the planet once you turn your back to it.

Just the idea of going there makes me think that it's going to end up being like that movie prometheus

I'd be scared too if I thought I was going to wind up in that movie. Worst. Scientists. Ever.

Eve has made me a bit uneasy from time to time. It's either the fact that one of my first manned interplanetary missions was nearly stranded there, or that sinking feeling you get from knowing that no craft I've built could even come close to escaping if it got too deep in the atmosphere and had to land.

Edited by TerLoki

It's just so barren that you feel like something is watching you, it's even scarier then Moho.

Even though the Kraken is on Bop, you still have that feeling that your lander crew are going to be eaten by a sandwich monster or something.

Remind me to send you somewhere else than Ceres then, if I get to choose which planet you get to colonise :cool: . Or, in fact, any planet or world that is quite on its own and looks similar. Don’t worry, there are plenty more to chose from.

In all seriousness though, Dres will probably get more interesting in the future - it will probably look more like the Mun once they make the terrain more interesting. I have yet to attempt a Dres mission though.

You would also not be the first to be frightened by a desolate in-game planet or moon. A while ago someone commented about craters on the Mun triggering phobia (trypophobia if I remember correctly).

Multiple people have also reported the feeling that their Kerbals are being watched in these places too. Dres doesn’t really have that many craters at the moment but it may have following an update of the texturing. The remoteness of the location probably doesn’t help either.

Dres needs to be tidally locked to the sun so we can have a dark side of the planet filled with creepy Easter-eggs of ship parts, empty space suits with a cracked visor, a run down base, some strange intricate compound/temple thing you can walk through (something a bit like the facility from Prometheus, more bigger cave things, etc... It would be extra cool if they redid the planet with a lot more canyons that were super deep with a thin atmosphere, the canyons could then show signs of past habitation, maybe with a run down cliff city??? Then we just need the KSP horror mod that has strange shadows, dust storms with odd movement just past what you can make out, random derbies scattered around the planet/moon, You could even have the derbies show up near bases after storms! Maybe solar panels, wheels, and docking connections could even break!

I'd download a mod like that just because it would add some really cool scenarios!

I haven't done much in the way of interplanetary stuff (couple missions started out towards Duna, one unmanned mission to Moho, two unmanned missions started to Jool), but Eve is the one that scares me the most. It's just so damn hard to get back from the surface, that I haven't the slightest idea how I can make it work.

Otherwise, I can tackle any other challenge thrown my way. :cool:

Next time you land there, use nothing but pink lights on your vehicles. If it doesn't make things feel safer, that oughta... humiliate it at least.

...right?

Duna is creepy, specially when you can see Ike. Seeing a big immobile rock in the Sky creeps me out. It feels like it's going to fall into the planet once you turn your back to it.

moonfrommajorasmasks.jpg

Edited by vger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.