I've always had a fear of Dres.

WindShieIds

Mitchz95: That's not Dres, that's a bug in one of the KSP versions which also made my entire Münar colony drop "dead". Updating to the newest version should fix it. :P

I know, I already fixed it by reinstalling. But it was still really creepy when I didn't know what had caused it.

I think people are forgetting that Dres is an analogue of a real-world dwarf planet: Ceres. Ceres has no satellites, because it's s small that it's got the same mass as only 0.0128 Moons, or 0.00015 Earths. That means that it would take 78.125 Ceres' to make something with the same mass as the moon, or 6666.667 Ceres' to make something with the same mass as Earth. This results in it having such a small amount of gravity that it couldn't really keep anything that passed into its SOI without propulsion. Also, the fact that it's near Jupiter and the Asteroid belt mean that the only thing it could have as a moon would be an asteroid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.