[1.0] CrossFeedEnabler v3.3 May 11

NathanKell

Excuse me, but this mod came bundled with one of the 60+ mods I installed recently, and I believe it was causing a reproducible CTD, though I have no idea why. I confess the issue may be a compatibility issue with one of my many mods, or possibly a failure to install correctly by myself. My copy of KSP repeatedly CTD'd upon interacting in any way with the research building, and after systematically removing and re-adding mods, narrowing down the range of folders containing the bug, I found that my game ran fine with every mod still installed except for crossfeed enabler. I thought I'd let you know - and if providing the crash log files is of use to you, I'd be happy to. Best regards!

If you had the mod bundled try updating to the newest version. If that still doesn't work, please try playing KSP with your only mods in GameData being this and ModuleManager 2.2.0.

I assume you're running Windows x64?

Am i correct that for RCS Thrusters to work with realfuels while being attached to a girder i need to add the crossfeed module to the girder through a Modulemanager config file?

Greetings

Ben

Not necessarily; Girders should crossfeed. If they don't, add the module; but IIRC they do.

The real killer is that tanks don't feed *out* without the module (i.e. a radial-attach tank won't feed its propellants into the stack).

You where correct, theproblem was the RCS Tank from AIES.

@PART[ms1RCSTank]

{

%MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed]

{

%name = ModuleCrossFeed

}

}

fixed the issue.

Thanks again for all the fun you and all the other modders bring us.

Greetings

Ben

Would there be any way to get this mod to work with the Dv Calculators 'Kerbal Engineer Redux' and in 'MechJeb 2'? At the moment they do not take this mod into account.

http://i.imgur.com/uy7DbNs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r9CJ5Eh.jpg

This was fixed in KER back in June (this post on page 2) but there is an issue in this mod that NathanKell will be fixing. In the meantime you can either go to the launch pad and revert to VAB or simply save and reload the craft and KER should start updating correctly.

crossfeedenabler no compatible with my KSP :(

KSP 0.24.2

Modulemanager 2.2.1

WIN 7 64 bit ( crash crash crash crash ... )

where is the problem?

Works for me...?

I'm using 64 bit, but am forging OpenGL to cope with my 80+ mods. Maybe you should try that?

Edited by Lucid Hills

So your only mods are ModuleManager and CrossFeedEnabler?

Which version of KSP are you running, 32bit or x64?

1. Describe the problem

2. Reproduction steps.

3. Cause the problem. Quit KSP (if it hasn't crashed). Upload your entire output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I have more modules installed:

-Near ( all in)

-Station sciencie

-mechjeb 2

-crewmanifest

-figaro

-Karbonite

-Tweakscale

-Magicsmokeindustria

-crossfeedenabler

-modulemanager 2.2.1

Early in the game, a sign tells me it's incompatible with my version of KSP (0.2.4). My OS is Win 7 64 bit and all the time the game is crash

Thank you very much for your help

So are you on 0.24.2 or 0.24?

The current Crossfeed Enabler is for 0.24.2.

If you are on 0.24.2 and getting a message that CrossFeedEnabler is incompatible, then you have a bad download. Delete the folder from GameData, download fresh, and reinstall.

• 2 weeks later...
I just added this to the radial decouplers to create asparagus staging sans fuel lines! Neato.

Err, won't that be drawing from more tanks simultaneously than will be decoupled in the next stage? How are you arranging the decouplers? The point of asparagus is that all of the engines only draw fuel from tanks that will be dropped next.

Now that I remember:

Testing my fix. Also I added a toggle button, per (old) request. :)

Any chance of a new version with this fix?

Many thanks,

Yeah, you're relying on KSP's fuel flow logic to be sure that outer tanks drain first.

Padishar: apologies. I did the changes and committed source but never actually posted a release, although you can test it too from git (compile from source). It *appears* to work ok.

So I've been having some strange flow logic with a few of my ships. Making a basic Mun lander with disposable side tanks. Run a fuel line from the side tanks to the middle (where the engine is) and for some reason it is pulling fuel from both side tanks and one of the two tanks in the middle.

Haven't done any extensive testing (so maybe it is the engine I'm using?) but was just wondering if maybe possibly this mod could cause a issue like that?