Better Atmospheres Development Thread

Awesome! :D

A quick list? Erm, well. There's the Kerbin1 cloud layer, theres the shadow layer, the volumetric shading layer, then there's the atmo layer. That's in order too.

Also, here's the new Joolvian System for V4 guys:

http://imgur.com/a/kijD3

Looks fantastic! :D is there any chance you would create a version that uses less layers on kerbin while trying to keep the beauty as more layers = more lag?

When you're in flight and can see the circle, pause and press Alt-N. Click advanced settings, then select the layer which has the lowest altitude (I think it's 2). Then set the fade distance to 20-50 (or however much you want until the circle's gone and you're happy), apply and save then press Alt-N to close the window.

excellent! am i also able to change what height the shadow layer is on? i had a look through cloudlayers-betteratmospheres.cfg and found a kerbin layer at 700.... is this the shadow layer? if so i can change it at whim which should fit my purpose just fine. would be nice if the whole layer was shaped to the landscape but beggars cant be choosers :D

excellent! am i also able to change what height the shadow layer is on? i had a look through cloudlayers-betteratmospheres.cfg and found a kerbin layer at 700.... is this the shadow layer? if so i can change it at whim which should fit my purpose just fine. would be nice if the whole layer was shaped to the landscape but beggars cant be choosers :D

Yes it is, and sure, I don't mind.

So you're saying the speed of the white cloud layer won't change, the volumetrics won't slow, or they both won't?

Sorry never mind just trying to get my head around the layers on this and the glitches on RSS

Edit: nope cant change any of the volumetric speeds :/ they're all going at super - stock kerbin speeds, might just switch back to stock for a bit to do the layers then work on an rss one

Edited by pingopete

The second Duna picture looks more like Mars unfiltered to me.

Is there anyway to darken the shadow by turning off the ambient lighting instead of using a cloud layer to 'fake' it? I know Novaslisko somehow managed to do it in alternis kerbol, but I've got no idea how.

just an idea here, but why not experiment with the next step; Volumetric oceans that have waves while still retaining the...ocean...ness? if you get what I mean?

My next shader will do this.

Horrible news.

My computer blue screened while i was playing and lost a bunch of data.

Luckily i made a backup a while back, which recovered some of it, but not all my changes.

I should be able to restore everything back to normal. My release date is being pushed to the 23rd for this.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Horrible news.

My computer blue screened while i was playing and lost a bunch of data.

Luckily i made a backup a while back, which recovered some of it, but not all my changes.

I should be able to restore everything back to normal. My release date is being pushed to the 23rd for this.

**** happens :/ Well we can wait two more days if we have too but it will be hard :wink: