Better Atmospheres Development Thread

Not sure if the issue is caused by this mod or not, but if I include the KittopiaSpace part of this mod, ModuleManager does not start properly (there is no "ModuleManager: 602 patches applied, 0 hidden items" text on loading screen) and the game crashes when the loading bar is at about 20%. Has anyone else experienced this? Other parts of the mod work fine.

edit: fixed by redownloading everything.

Edited by shrx

This is really, really beautiful. Unfortunately, something in the pack is killing my FPS on Kerbin. Even running the low-res pack is substantially slower than using my previous setup with EVE, Custom Asteroids, and Texture Replacer. FPS are unaffected in space unless looking at Kerbin, and I have not checked out other planets. Could anyone suggest what might be the culprit?

my cloud layers on kerbin seem to be doubling up in the map view, this doesn't occur in flight view, every other planet is unaffected.

http://i.imgur.com/YiFuyRk.png

check the original thread for answers

- - - Updated - - -

Installation instruction would be nice to have. I have 3 different cloud config files and need to know if I have to rename your file.

only better atmospheres cfg should remain, delete all others, THERE ARE Instructıons.. you didnt see them?

• 2 weeks later...

After installing this mod and all the prerequisites, my KSP won't start. I assumed it was a memory issue, but the Error log said I was only using 64% memory, and had 2 GB left.

This is the second time I have experienced this problem in the past 24 hours, and I'm 90% sure it's not a memory error.

I have several other mods installed, including Toolbar, Interstellar, B9 REPACK, Lack Luster Labs, KW Rocketry, Kerbal Attachment System, Kethane, MechJeb 2, Planet Factory CE with Sido Urania's planets, Lazor, Stock Extension, VNG Parachutes, and TAC Life Support, Active Texture Management (Aggressive), Texture Replacer, Custom Asteroids, Environmental Visual Enhancements, and the Planet Editor (the name of which I can't remember).

I did NOT install the sun flares.

The log also mentioned something about module.mono or something along those lines. I'd post the log, but I can't do spoilers for whatever reason and I don't want to post a giant wall of text.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

After installing this mod and all the prerequisites, my KSP won't start. I assumed it was a memory issue, but the Error log said I was only using 64% memory, and had 2 GB left.

This is the second time I have experienced this problem in the past 24 hours, and I'm 90% sure it's not a memory error.

I have several other mods installed, including Toolbar, Interstellar, B9 REPACK, Lack Luster Labs, KW Rocketry, Kerbal Attachment System, Kethane, MechJeb 2, Planet Factory CE with Sido Urania's planets, Lazor, Stock Extension, VNG Parachutes, and TAC Life Support, Active Texture Management (Aggressive), Texture Replacer, Custom Asteroids, Environmental Visual Enhancements, and the Planet Editor (the name of which I can't remember).

I did NOT install the sun flares.

The log also mentioned something about module.mono or something along those lines. I'd post the log, but I can't do spoilers for whatever reason and I don't want to post a giant wall of text.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Are you using the 64-bit hack?

Are you using the 64-bit hack?

No. The only modifications I've made to my KSP are the mods I listed.

Could it be something to do with my computer? I have a fairly powerful computer in terms of RAM and the processor, but the graphics card could use an upgrade.

Hi Thesonic,

Brilliant mod, really love the look of Kerbin with the blue haze and cloud layers.

One thing though, have you thought about reducing the saturation of the atmosphere colours. Currently they are so vivid they glow.

I've played around reducing the saturation of a screen shot to produce something more natural looking. I think it blends the different layers better as well.

Better%20Atmos%20reduced%20sat.jpg?psid=1

Hi all. This could be an awesome mod but I can't enjoy it because of a strange issue. I read in the EVE FAQs that on Mac there is no support for 8K textures and this causes said textures to behave strangely and things to split and stuff, and this is what happens to me. First, I had installed EVE High res and this mod, and clouds and city lights split just like if I had a Mac, even if I have Win7 64x. Anyway I'm not running KSP with the 64 bit hack. Later I tried to download the Low res version of EVE as suggested in its thread, but I had the same issue, I guess because Better Atmospheres overwrites those textures. The very odd thing is that either with Low and High res of EVE, and not installing Better Atmospheres, I have apparently no split, even if from the debug prompt it says that the can't load the textures, but it works fine. Whenever I install Better Atmospheres, stuff splits. Don't know why. I would be very happy to use this mod in my modpack, so, does anyone have any suggestion? Thank you.

Hey Sonic, I've got a suggestion for an addition to BA v(wtf ever it is). PLEASE do a good texture for Eeloo and a... slightly.. better one for Dres. Just because no one goes to them does not mean they should not be retextured! :) For Eeloo, it needs to be a bit more.. rigid, rocky, more unpleasant and scary for how far out it is. Right now, it looks like a Lindor Truffle, and looks so delicious and I wanna land on it so I can EAT IT!

Hi, I'm using KSP 0.24 (64bit version), I've installed EVE, TextureReplacer and of course BA V5, I've noticed that Minmus sea (or lakes?) are visible even in the dark side where is supposted they aren't. It's a sort of bug or it's a normal luminace phenomenon? (By now I've tested it only on mapview)

OK: BUG REPORT!!!!

Bug Title: Clouds in the mid-atmosphere

Description: At about 25km, when my rocket is about midway through the 2nd layer of the atmosphere, there is this weird layer of clouds that just pops up just above where I'm headed. I do have an image, but Imgur is being a jerk... :(

Fix: I have no idea

PS: When is BA V6 coming? C:

Hi, I'm using KSP 0.24 (64bit version), I've installed EVE, TextureReplacer and of course BA V5, I've noticed that Minmus sea (or lakes?) are visible even in the dark side where is supposted they aren't. It's a sort of bug or it's a normal luminace phenomenon? (By now I've tested it only on mapview)

It's suppose to be like that :P

Hey Sonic, I've got a suggestion for an addition to BA v(wtf ever it is). PLEASE do a good texture for Eeloo and a... slightly.. better one for Dres. Just because no one goes to them does not mean they should not be retextured! For Eeloo, it needs to be a bit more.. rigid, rocky, more unpleasant and scary for how far out it is. Right now, it looks like a Lindor Truffle, and looks so delicious and I wanna land on it so I can EAT IT!

You can try Endraxiel's planet textures.: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-0-24-TextureReplacer-1-6-1-(18-7-2014)-Fixed-for-0-24/page36?p=926577#post926577

I just installed the sharedassets10 for the white flare but now it's got no flare at all. This was one of the few things that worked fine in the 64 bit version, but I"m back to 32 bit version after a clean reinstall. I just copied the 32 bit version of the sharedassets10.asset file into the ksp_data like normal. The "loading" icon seems to have also been replaced by a bright purple unspecified texture color as well. I assume I did something wrong?

I just installed the sharedassets10 for the white flare but now it's got no flare at all. This was one of the few things that worked fine in the 64 bit version, but I"m back to 32 bit version after a clean reinstall. I just copied the 32 bit version of the sharedassets10.asset file into the ksp_data like normal. The "loading" icon seems to have also been replaced by a bright purple unspecified texture color as well. I assume I did something wrong?

Gotten this bug as well; just verify game content (if you are on steam, if not, just save your addons and saves and reinstall). Then replace the flare again.

Gotten this bug as well; just verify game content (if you are on steam, if not, just save your addons and saves and reinstall). Then replace the flare again.

I tried this and got the same result. I guess I'll deal with the yellow flare for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Thesonicgalaxy, I can no longer stand Astronomer's pack due to this one. :rolleyes:

Comparing it with this one, it looks naked! Yes, it has some nice flares and blah, but it does not edit the atmospheric color(or if it does not too well), it doesn't have rings around Jool, and it does not have support for Custom Asteroids! :( As a result, unless some miracle occurs over there, I will use your pack from now on!!!!...unless someone else's is better.. sorry. :sticktongue: I do definitely love your pack though, especially on Laythe and near Jool! Using the telescope mod is AMAZING with this installed. hanks again for making it for our humble community. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...