Sukhoi SU-27/35/33 version 1.0

Kerpolev Aeronoms SU-27/35!

XDH1Rcy.jpg

zgjbeSi.jpg

rdyJ6jU.jpg

UPDATED AND IMPROVED! FEWER MODS REQUIRED!

.C R A F T F I L E !

Note: Different configurations may require unspecified mods. Basic versions require only the following:

(REQUIRES B9, Procedural Wings. FASA, Modular Multiwheels and Coffee Industries)(please notify me if I missed one!!!)

Not tested without Ferram Aerospace Research.

Edit: Removed Aviation Lights, KW Rocketry and Novapunch parts.

! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !

EDIT: WARNING: this uses two parts from TT Modular MultiWheels These are the absolute very best wheels money can't buy for the game.

If you can't find this mod or don't want it, I have also included a no gear version.

Enjoy!

su-37/su-33 versions coming.

Mandatory crash video.

Edited by bludclot

@Kateochi: Without fuel tanks it can get around the planet at least once at high altitude You can get to around Mach 5 with 5 degree pitch at around 30 km. It will get you into 50 km LKO with the tiny rocket on the back. (not pictured)

Be careful with the thrust and use it parallel with the jets when you achieve near orbital velocity still in atmos. Do not pitch up too high or you will lose more velocity than gain.

Just remem to take some oxidiser onboard (tanks can carry but doesn't come with fuel).

You can also just add a second pair of drop tanks or even a longer fuel tank on pylon under the belly without altering center of mass. As it is now, draining or carrying fuel only alters responsiveness and take off speed.

Also for carrying heavy payloads you should increase control surfaces by a fair amount.

At about 100-120m/s you can take off light but expect 130+ when fully loaded. I will also add a full feature SSTO version that has a nuclear rocket engine in the tail between the jets and full RCS system and docking port.

@everyone else: Thanks guys!

Please post replies with pics of your alterations or how you use it! I'd love to see what people do with it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@bludclot Just a question, have you ever played any ace combat games. One of the most memorable planes of the game was the Su-35's sibling the experimental Su-37 Terminator. The only 2 real ones made were actually converted from the Su-35. The Su-35 was also present in the game, but had lower stats.

Yes I am aware of the su-37:) Though not through ace combat (which I never played) but from interest in the subject... I made a 3d model of it some 10+ years ago.

I wish I could get the b9 jet engines as thrust vectoring ones for my ksp su35... Putting canards on this one makes it worse. (esp if you have disintegration enabled in FAR)

• 4 weeks later...

@pluto2 and @ callumrooney9 https://www.google.no/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=tt%20modular%20multi-wheels

updated model and without gear

http://details.b0rg.com/kerbs/SPH/

Added version using b9 gear.

Place your preferred gear parts like this and your take off speed will be below 100m/s

VdaQj8b.jpg

Edited by KasperVld
Removed forbidden content

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.