[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

Will it work in 1.0.5?

Currently, I don't think so. The mod seems to know which experiments you have, but doesn't produce any alerts. Also, it reported 'no experiments' while I had a temperature scan which could still produce good science.

I love the mod. Hope it gets updated.

I've run into a problem where I can't transmit from the science popup window. It worked 1 or twice out of more then a dozen tries. I can transmit when right clicking the pod or antenna. I'm guessing that is also this mod??

This is really a great mod! But this causes a problem with transmitting science data... Everytime I try to transmit a data after gathering it and clicking Transmit Data, nothing happens. Can't even transmit data from Science Labs. This is what shows up in the logs:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'IScienceDataTransmitter.TransmitData'.

at ScienceAlert.MagicDataTransmitter.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Anyone has this problem? Maybe there's a known fix? I couldn't find nothing about this tho...

BTW, I'm using these mods:

ModuleManager

[x] Science!

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CustomAsteroids

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnchancement

img_viewer

KerbalEngineer

KittopiaSpace

KSP-AVC

NavBallDockingAlingmentIndicator

RCSBuildAid

ScienceAlert

Squad

TacFualBalancer

TriggerTech

Tried to delete ScienceAlert and then everything starts to work properly.

I went to play 1.0.5 and discovered I couldn't transmit any science.

I thought for sure it was "Antenna range" causing the issue. Process of elimination caused me to delete Science alert and it worked again.

Poor toadicus, I made him believe his mod was broken .lol

He did offer help if xEvilReeperx is interested in contacting him.

I'm running into problems purely when I try to transmit data (either gathered from this addon's UI or manually). This is hardly this dev's fault, it didn't happen in 1.0.4, so it's just as likely one of my 24 other addons that have updated to 1.0.5 that's causing something to go sideways (sciencedata.transmit doesn't exist as a function is more or less what I'm getting in the logs). I've got some theories about which one but I'm commenting here in case someone else finds themselves in a similar boat and comes looking. Removing/installing/restarting ksp is too exhausting at this time of the evening, but should I narrow it down more I'll update here and the other addon.

I'm running into problems purely when I try to transmit data (either gathered from this addon's UI or manually). This is hardly this dev's fault, it didn't happen in 1.0.4, so it's just as likely one of my 24 other addons that have updated to 1.0.5 that's causing something to go sideways (sciencedata.transmit doesn't exist as a function is more or less what I'm getting in the logs). I've got some theories about which one but I'm commenting here in case someone else finds themselves in a similar boat and comes looking. Removing/installing/restarting ksp is too exhausting at this time of the evening, but should I narrow it down more I'll update here and the other addon.

Er -- haven't tested the above patch yet, but did you look at thgjerde's patch a few posts before yours?

Fr8monkey said:
Neither patch works for me.

First install version 1.8.9 of ScienceAlert

Then replace the ScienceAlert.dll in your "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ScienceAlert" folder, overwriting the existing file with the file from http://gamefaction.no/ScienceAlert-1.8.9-patch1.zip

The patch fixes the broken transitter bug. See the included source patch for details.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

The Patch works for fixing ScienceAlert, but the transmit data problem still exists for me. I'm guessing its another mod.

EDIT: Turned out to be a parts pack that was not updated to 1.0.5. Go figure...

Edited by Probus

EDIT: Turned out to be a parts pack that was not updated to 1.0.5. Go figure...

which pack was it?

Have a similar problem - on starting a flight everything works well -but after some time / celestial body change, i cant transmit anymore.

I remeber there was a kind the same proble few month ago with ship-manifest by PaPaJoe... but i cant believe its the same...

Edit:

nope, it wasnt ShipManifest, but remotetech:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76793-1-0-4-ScienceAlert-1-8-9-Experiment-availability-feedback-%28July-13%29/page62

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/439

so they fixed it back in june...

SA dev Evil posted sth interesting:

Just refreshing is no good. MagicDataTransmitter acts differently than yours in that it doesn't actually have any transmission capability. It pretends to have an impossibly good score to fool KSP into sending all outgoing science data to it and then delegates that data out to the real transmitters. My patch will prevent it from erroneously sending to a nonexistent transmitter, but if it refreshes and discovers there aren't any real transmitters onboard, now it's too late and it's stuck with data it can't transmit and can't store (currently). Even if it did store it, there's still the problem of only knowing the current state of the vessel's transmitter capability immediately on load. If it was disconnected from the RT network when loaded in, that data would keep floating around invisibly even after the vessel could transmit

so - lets just hope he can have a look back into this.

Edited by Speadge

I'm just letting you know that enabling SCANsat integration breaks it in that it doesn't sense new experiments. At least before I get the scansat stuff anyway.

Not sure how scansat integration is supposed to work. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='Speadge']which pack was it?
Have a similar problem - on starting a flight everything works well -but after some time / celestial body change, i cant transmit anymore.[/QUOTE]
Are you getting the same exception as before? The change in RT might've been accidentally reverted somehow.
[quote name='smjjames']I'm just letting you know that enabling SCANsat integration breaks it in that it doesn't sense new experiments. At least before I get the scansat stuff anyway.[/QUOTE]
In hindsight, I implemented this terribly confusingly. If you enable SCANsat integration in SA, SA becomes blind to experiment subjects that are related to biome if you don't have that area of the planet mapped out. For instance, "EVA report in space" will trigger alerts but "EVA report while flying over shores" won't trigger at all if the area you're flying over hasn't been mapped for biome data by SCANsat. It sounds like it's working as intended.

I'm busy rewriting big sections so I might as well ask how I might improve that? The 'is it working' question on SCANsat integration has come up a few times

[quote name='xEvilReeperx']Are you getting the same exception as before? The change in RT might've been accidentally reverted somehow.

In hindsight, I implemented this terribly confusingly. If you enable SCANsat integration in SA, SA becomes blind to experiment subjects that are related to biome if you don't have that area of the planet mapped out. For instance, "EVA report in space" will trigger alerts but "EVA report while flying over shores" won't trigger at all if the area you're flying over hasn't been mapped for biome data by SCANsat. It sounds like it's working as intended.

I'm busy rewriting big sections so I might as well ask how I might improve that? The 'is it working' question on SCANsat integration has come up a few times[/QUOTE]

Adding an explaination would be good since you said you implemented it confusingly. That's really the only thing it needs, an explaination of how it works.

Are you getting the same exception as before? The change in RT might've been accidentally reverted somehow.

I'm busy rewriting big sections so I might as well ask how I might improve that? The 'is it working' question on SCANsat integration has come up a few times

hi,

i dont use RT anymore and still have the transmitter problem.
To bad i cant remember how the problem occured back in June - but it feels familiar.

i did a whole flight without switching to KSC. while launching and in LKO everything worked, but as soon as i entered Mun's SOI, the problems started.
White transmition dialog appears, finishes, but without a green line saying that science has been added before ""Done" appears.

Also switching to KSC DOES NOT fix it anymore.
I have a scansat in LKO that i switch on every test to - problem always happening.

BTW, im on Win-x64 - if it matters - but it didnt before.
But i'd understand if you wouldnt support it due to x64 ;)

i pasted the output_log. cuttet down to where the Exceptions started (perhaps you can get more out of it than i can):

Spoiler

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQSCity.OnSphereReset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.Mod_OnSphereReset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.ResetSphere () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PQS.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ScienceAlert, Deleting profile 'default' since its vessel 6b357198-4c40-4048-9fcc-7ea9016b8853 was destroyed

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException:

at ControlBase. () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.PositionHorizontally (Boolean updateExtents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.PositionItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.ClearButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException:

at SpriteRoot.SetCamera (UnityEngine.Camera c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AutoSpriteControlBase.SetCamera (UnityEngine.Camera c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.UpdateCamera () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.UpdateCamera () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.SetupCameraAndSizes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.UpdateCamera () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScrollListResizer.ScaleListToFitContent (Int32 offsetTop, Int32 offsetBottom, Int32 offsetLeft, Int32 offsetRight, Boolean stdDirection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.ScaleModList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.ClearButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

HighlighterOff.OnDestroy()

ScienceAlert, Deleting profile 'default' since its vessel a7119ba6-010c-414a-8223-524c4ba0abe7 was destroyed

DllNotFoundException: CSteamworks
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Steamworks.NativeMethods:SteamClient ()

at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steamworks.SteamController.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.get_isActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MapView.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying Floating Window for HUD 1

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying Floating Window for HUD 2

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying Floating Window for HUD 2

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying Floating Window for test

[FlightEngineer]: Destroying Floating Window for Maneuver

ScienceAlert, Saving settings to D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program - 105_plain - x64\GameData\ScienceAlert/settings.cfg

ScienceAlert, Removing MagicDataTransmitter

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScienceAlert.Toolbar.AppLauncherInterface.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Parsing string

KerbalEngineer -> ActionMenu->OnDestroy

KerbalEngineer -> ActionMenuGui was destroyed.

KerbalEngineer -> FlightEngineerCore->OnDestroy

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Versioning.get_version_minor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.CompatibilityChecker.IsCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.CompatibilityChecker.IsAllCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.MeshFilter:set_sharedMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh)

at SpriteMesh.CreateMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteMesh.get_mesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteRoot.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpriteBase.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIListItemContainer.Delete () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GenericAppFrame.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber Deinitialised

KerbalEngineer -> ActionMenu was destroyed.

Edited by Speadge