[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

i don't see any icon in the 1.5 release, is that the reason i cannot find it in toolbar's "Configure Visible Buttons"?

Something probably went wrong during initialization. Is there anything suspicious in your log?

+- 500m EVA pops up -> press it -> Kerbal jumps out from cockpit -> the vessel falls through the surface -> return to space center/VAB wont work anymore

Your output_log.txt would be useful. I couldn't reproduce your problem. If you were traveling a moderate speed, you should have seen an EVA confirmation window pop up

GREAT IDEA!

Unfortunately, I barely used it because I'm having problems...

Using version 1.5 and Blizzy's Toolbar 1.7.1, the game keeps crashing to desktop when I try to go to the launchpad.

When I succeed (did it twice but, until now, I can't pinpoint how I managed that), I get no icon only a caption on the "Configure Visible Buttons" option. After it happens, when I get back to KSC and go to the launchpad the icon is correctly shown and the plugins seems to work fine.

What can I do to fix it?

Very nice. Are you planning to add support for a display to show which biomes still have science remaining? It sometimes gets hard to remember which ones have been drained. Not a big problem for orbital missions, but makes landing site selection kind of tedious.

Very nice. Are you planning to add support for a display to show which biomes still have science remaining? It sometimes gets hard to remember which ones have been drained. Not a big problem for orbital missions, but makes landing site selection kind of tedious.

I put another mod on hold in order to complete ScienceAlert that would be better suited for this purpose, I think. Displaying current biome is probably as far as I'll go towards that in ScienceAlert.

76TIF
Using version 1.5 and Blizzy's Toolbar 1.7.1, the game keeps crashing to desktop when I try to go to the launchpad.

When I succeed (did it twice but, until now, I can't pinpoint how I managed that), I get no icon only a caption on the "Configure Visible Buttons" option. After it happens, when I get back to KSC and go to the launchpad the icon is correctly shown and the plugins seems to work fine.

That's odd. Can I see your output_log or equivalent (not the KSP.log)?

That's odd. Can I see your output_log or equivalent (not the KSP.log)?

Sorry, but where can I find this file?

About the Biome Overlay mod: GREAT SCOTT! :cool:

EDIT: I have good (or bad, I don't know) news: if I access the Launchpad by directly clicking on it, the games doesn't crash, and after that, I can go to Launchpad directly from VAB without a problem...

Edited by jlcarneiro

The biome feature is really nice, but it makes one part of ScanSat a little useless.

No, it makes one aspect of SCANsat much more interesting. We just need a way to limit what is available to be displayed on the ground to what has already been scanned. Everything that you would need to determine what has and hasn't been scanned is stored in the persistence file, and cached if SCANsat is running.

I have good (or bad, I don't know) news: if I access the Launchpad by directly clicking on it, the games doesn't crash, and after that, I can go to Launchpad directly from VAB without a problem...

What a shame! It happened twice, but now I just can't do it again... :confused:

EDIT: Once again, some hope: it seems that to avoid crashing I have to access Launchpad by clicking directly on it and selecting a rocket (no icon this time), return to KSC and once again go to Launchpad directly, avoid clearing the pad by using the same rocket previously chosen (this time the icon is shown). From this point on, it seems to me the game runs fine without crashes...

Edited by jlcarneiro

The biome feature is really nice, but it makes one part of ScanSat a little useless.

Optional ScanSat integration has always been planned for both SA and biome overlay. It just makes too much sense not to

EDIT: Once again, some hope: it seems that to avoid crashing I have to access Launchpad by clicking directly on it and selecting a rocket (no icon this time), ....

Can you look inside the more verbose log? It'd be in KSPROOT/KSP_Data/output_log.txt for windows and is called Player.log (I think?) on other operating systems

Optional ScanSat integration has always been planned for both SA and biome overlay. It just makes too much sense not to

Well. That sounds awesome. The one thing ScanSat is really missing for me is a way to easily correlate what I'm seeing in the map view with the actual map...view...the map view of the mod. Being able to just hover the cursor over a point and have a tooltip giving coordinates in the map view...the game's map view, not ScanSat's map view...DAMN ALL THESE MAPS TO THE BOTTOM OF LAYTHE'S OCEANS...that'd be nifty. Would make planning landings a lot easier.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Can you look inside the more verbose log? It'd be in KSPROOT/KSP_Data/output_log.txt for windows and is called Player.log (I think?) on other operating systems

Sorry, although this time I've found the folder, I can't find none of these files (output_log.txt nor player.log).

EDIT: I use Steam version under Linux and it works fine without ScientAlert (I've just tested it). Is there any hope for me, doc?

Edited by jlcarneiro

Sorry, although this time I've found the folder, I can't find none of these files (output_log.txt nor player.log).

EDIT: I use Steam version under Linux and it works fine without ScientAlert (I've just tested it). Is there any hope for me, doc?

I haven't got the slightest idea what's wrong. If it was what normally caused the issue, it wouldn't magically work later

(meekly) I don't suppose anyone has a .23 build laying around? Or know if it's possible for this to work there as-is?

0.23.5 and 0.23 are quite similar so chances are good it'll work. If it doesn't, well, maybe someone who still has 0.23 can compile it for you. Steam auto-upgraded my install before I started using separate copies for modding and playing :(

I haven't got the slightest idea what's wrong. If it was what normally caused the issue, it wouldn't magically work later

Maybe it's an incompatibility with Blizzy's Toolbar?

Anyway, for now I removed the plugin so I can play... I hope version 1.6 fixes this error.

Maybe it's an incompatibility with Blizzy's Toolbar?

Anyway, for now I removed the plugin so I can play... I hope version 1.6 fixes this error.

No, the toolbar portion works. I'd guess the problem lies somewhere in your settings or a MM config, but without the log I can't say for sure. If it is one of those things, then in 1.6 it won't cause ScienceAlert to freak out but it'll still prevent it from working since there's a problem in there

No, the toolbar portion works. I'd guess the problem lies somewhere in your settings or a MM config, but without the log I can't say for sure. If it is one of those things, then in 1.6 it won't cause ScienceAlert to freak out but it'll still prevent it from working since there's a problem in there

I asked about the toolbar because once ScienceAlert icon appears (BTW, I just can't make it appear lately) it seems to work fine...

Since I use Linux, isn't there any clue on how to find these logs?

BTW, what's MM?

I asked about the toolbar because once ScienceAlert icon appears (BTW, I just can't make it appear lately) it seems to work fine...

Since I use Linux, isn't there any clue on how to find these logs?

KSP.log in the same directory (Probably ksp or ksp_linux or something like that) that your GameData folder is in.

BTW, what's MM?

ModuleManager. One of the coolest mods out there that a lot of people don't even know they're using.

KSP.log in the same directory (Probably ksp or ksp_linux or something like that) that your GameData folder is in.

OK! This file I've found! I deleted it and the ran the game trying to launch a rocket from VAB. As expected, the game crashed.

Since the log is almost 200KB, I'll try to send it to you through a private message. Ok?

EDIT: I can't paste files that big and I am not allowed to attach them. So here is one temporary link to it, ok?

http://www.filedropper.com/ksp

Edited by jlcarneiro
Adding link to file.