[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

Is it really easier to ask here and bump a thread than it is to just install it and see if it works?

Kinda yeah.

Some people struggle to install mods at all after all, and thats with tons of resources on how to do it.

Removing mods is a whole different ballgame :P I do understand where you are coming from, but its with the assumption everyone is at the same understanding of how to install/remove them :)

Could you consider putting the mod up on kerbalstuff or Curse, please? I am using TinkerTime to update my mods, and TinkerTime supports Curse, KerbalStuff and Github, but not BitBucket(fornow).

Thx

Seconded :D

Actually, I started looking into the bitbucket API for CKAN support, but seeing that they have no API to obtain the "uploads", and no progress in implementing one ( https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/3711/downloads-api-bb-1696 ), I quickly and silently put that idea to an early grave...

Thanks for updating this. I've found that with all the new stuff to do, I'm constantly FORGETTING TO DO SCIENCE unless it's part of a contract. Of course, the contracts (on Normal mode) give you far more science than any pesky observations ever would, but still. It'll be nice to get that bonus... :D

Thanks for the update! Most useful mod I've seen :)

I've got a bug report; if you click EVA Report while under high time warp, sometimes the EVA will happen before time warp stops (it'll end at 5x or something), and the orbit breaks when the kerbal gets out. I assume it's a bug in KSP, since going on EVA while under time warp isn't something that is normally possible.

Back in .25 I did this, and poor Jeb had all his orbital speed zeroed out. In .90, I just did it again, and broke the universe. (I assume NaN/Inf got into the orbit... I could try to reproduce and look at the quicksave.)

Apologies if this has already been reported and I just missed it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update! Most useful mod I've seen :)

I've got a bug report; if you click EVA Report while under high time warp, sometimes the EVA will happen before time warp stops (it'll end at 5x or something), and the orbit breaks when the kerbal gets out. I assume it's a bug in KSP, since going on EVA while under time warp isn't something that is normally possible.

Thanks for the report. It should be fixed in the new version (1.8.3) that I just released :)

I've gone ahead and put ScienceAlert up on KerbalStuff for those that prefer to get it there. Other options (CKAN, Curse) will be available soon also. CKAN technically should work already but I'm fuzzy on the exact details on how to get updates out and I'm heading to bed in a few minutes so that'll be tomorrow's mission.

The ScienceAlert sent from KerbalStuff to CKAN has been merged about an hour ago, so you should expect to see 1-8-3 any moment now... Maybe 11:19 UTC if I read my log files right :)

Doesn't seem to be the case as of now. Perhaps something went wrong? Might it be seeing 1.8rc2 as a newer version than 1.8.3?

I've just tried removing and re-installing through CKAN but it still gives me 1.8rc2. I've also tried clearing the CKAN cache, manually deleting Science Alerts and re-installing, manually deleting the CKAN cache and registry.json, and removing all CKAN files and re-downloading ckan.exe but it still offers me 1.8rc2 as latest version. (Win7 PE, 32 bit.)