[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

Sending data with communication devices does not work, no science gained. If you recover vessel, it works.

i'm glad i wasn't the only one noticing this. i attempted to send back an EVA report, and as soon as i sent it, science alert said it was available again. i sent an EVA reports about 10 times (with supposed 10 science points each time), then checked back at the space center and 0 science had been gained. anyone else having this issue? wasn't sure if it was this mod or another...

Sending data with communication devices does not work, no science gained. If you recover vessel, it works.

Transmitting data, no science points!

Removed folder, Science points for same experiment!

i'm glad i wasn't the only one noticing this. i attempted to send back an EVA report, and as soon as i sent it, science alert said it was available again.

Sounds like ScienceAlert. A change to the way data was transmitted was one of the things 1.0 brought. Investigating ...

Apparently, this mod overrides the stock system when it comes to not allowing tourists to EVA. I was able to EVA a tourist kerbal when I clicked the EVA report button on ScienceAlert's toolbar.

I know it's been mentioned by people already -- but if I take a crew report and transmit it back, I will gain no science, and ScienceAlert will tell me that the exact same crew report should be run again. Rinse and repeat, but no science until recovery.

As an aside, I don't seem to experience this issue when a crew report is transmitted from the launch pad, but it 'does' happen in the upper atmosphere, space, and etc.

I know it's been mentioned by people already -- but if I take a crew report and transmit it back, I will gain no science, and ScienceAlert will tell me that the exact same crew report should be run again.

Found it and fixed -- just implementing a check to avoid accidentally tossing tourists out on EVA and will release the fixed version in a couple of minutes

Found it and fixed -- just implementing a check to avoid accidentally tossing tourists out on EVA and will release the fixed version in a couple of minutes

Anyway to make this check charge said tourist extra?? =P

"Sir...gonna need another 200roots from ya or out the hatch ya go"

Its not legaly price gouging if there is no market muhahahaha

Alright sorry about that. All of my time has been spend modding so I managed to completely miss the tourist thing (have yet to sit down and actually play for more than an hour, in fact).

Science transmission is now fixed and you won't be sending tourists out accidentally. I also went ahead and changed the logic so your best scientist will be used for EVA reports, if you have one onboard

Science transmission is now fixed and you won't be sending tourists out accidentally. I also went ahead and changed the logic so your best scientist will be used for EVA reports, if you have one onboard

thanks a ton for the quick fix, mate! adding this mod back into my arsenal ASAP :cool:

Is the issue concerning EVA report not being fully transmitted and accounted for ? I keep sending them X numbers of time and i don't gain the science/i can still do the science concerning the biome or where i'm at when i do my EVA.

Yes, that bug was squashed with 1.8.6. Can you verify you're running that version? If so, give me as much detail as possible (which body, high/low/flying/or landed orbit, mobile lab aboard, using scientist or not, anything else that might be relevant) and I'll look into it. I just double checked and wasn't able to reproduce it

Mhh looks like the bug is fixed. Did you do the uptade like today or yesterday ? Last time i downloaded the mod was 2 days ago and the issue was still in that build, did you change that in between 2 days ago and now ?

Just a random thought:

If I have a manned-lander on the surface somewhere that I haven't taken a surface sample on yet, would it be possible for Science Alert to detect this and display a grayed out "Surface Sample" option in the alert window to remind me that I need to actually make a Kerbal get out and grab some dirt, which is not clickable until a Kerbal is in range to collect it?

The EVA always reminds me to collect my EVA science, but I might of forgotten once or twice to make someone climb down or jump in the water to gather some physical science as well!

A tiny minute thing, been using this mod a long time and love it! Thanks for all you do for KSP!

A big thanks for you, as a new comer, i'm not familiar with all that science and it was a pain in the a.. I never knew what, when and where do my experiments...

But with your mod it become a enjoyment to do science !

Just a random thought:

If I have a manned-lander on the surface somewhere that I haven't taken a surface sample on yet, would it be possible for Science Alert to detect this and display a grayed out "Surface Sample" option in the alert window to remind me that I need to actually make a Kerbal get out and grab some dirt, which is not clickable until a Kerbal is in range to collect it?

There's an option under "additional options" to include the surface sample check while inside a vessel the way the EVA check works. You still need to meet all requirements though: craft must be crewed with at least one non-tourist, EVA is unlocked via astronaut complex, and surface samples are unlocked via R&D building.

When a pod is on the ground and you have both "flying" and "on the ground" EVA reports to do, the EVA button shows up. If you click it so your Kerbal goes EVA and hangs on the ladder, the EVA button goes away even though there is a valid EVA report to do "flying." You can right click your Kerbal and take the report and get the science for it.

This was also in the previous version, but I may have forgotten to report it :oops: