xEvilReeperx

[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

Recommended Posts

You guys do realize that this is being done on absolutely no guarantee and free basis? The maintainer receives no money for taking care of the mod neither the creator did. Although it is polite to keep the community informed of the current development/updating status, it is up to the developer. He or she may be in trouble IRL. Or they may have lost their passion. Anyway the only thing that we can do is to wait patiently. We have already expressed our interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atomontage said:

You guys do realize that this is being done on absolutely no guarantee and free basis? The maintainer receives no money for taking care of the mod neither the creator did. Although it is polite to keep the community informed of the current development/updating status, it is up to the developer. He or she may be in trouble IRL. Or they may have lost their passion. Anyway the only thing that we can do is to wait patiently. We have already expressed our interest.

Absolutely.  I certainly do not think we are "entitled" to an update simply because we have used the mod nor are we demanding an update.  I do not want to speak for others, but I know for myself, I would appreciate an update. 

IMO I believe the fans of the mod have been very patient.  Heck we all have RL that gets in the way of gaming and hobbies.  A simply update on what going on with the mod would be nice, that is all.  And if RL has gotten in the way, ok, no biggie, I certainly understand.  But it would be nice of the OP to post of asking someone to take it over if that is indeed the case.  I have requested someone fork it and update it, but the reply I got was, well it looks like they might still be working on it.  So people won't do it unless they know it is abandoned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2016 at 11:53 AM, Armor9 said:

A simply update on what going on with the mod would be nice, that is all.  And if RL has gotten in the way, ok, no biggie, I certainly understand.  But it would be nice of the OP to post of asking someone to take it over if that is indeed the case.  I have requested someone fork it and update it, but the reply I got was, well it looks like they might still be working on it.  So people won't do it unless they know it is abandoned. 

I'm working on it as time allows and the main constraint is that I just don't have a ton of it. I haven't really posted because I keep telling myself "well, it's almost done and I can release in a few days, I'll wait until then" and then RL strikes or I run into a snag that requires a bunch of rethinking and before I know it, yet another week has passed :(

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your response, keep up doin' your great work and don't worry we can wait if necessary :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, xEvilReeperx said:

I'm working on it as time allows and the main constraint is that I just don't have a ton of it. I haven't really posted because I keep telling myself "well, it's almost done and I can release in a few days, I'll wait until then" and then RL strikes or I run into a snag that requires a bunch of rethinking and before I know it, yet another week has passed :(

 

 

 

No worries dude, appreciate the effort! I just started playing KSP again after many months with a fresh install, and I'm looking forward to this appearing on CKAN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19. 6. 2016 at 7:52 AM, xEvilReeperx said:

I'm working on it as time allows and the main constraint is that I just don't have a ton of it. I haven't really posted because I keep telling myself "well, it's almost done and I can release in a few days, I'll wait until then" and then RL strikes or I run into a snag that requires a bunch of rethinking and before I know it, yet another week has passed :(

 

 

 

Thanks! I will just add my part here for motivational purposes... Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.... pretty please? :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the game is so unbearable to play without this mod hope it gets updated soon also eta on that update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, j1r2000 said:

the game is so unbearable to play without this mod hope it gets updated soon also eta on that update

Do not presume to simply demand "an eta on that update" especially when the mod author has mentioned a mere five posts above yours that he is working on it as much as his time allows. Maintaining a mod is not a job, it's a hobby. The author does not answer to you, and frankly you should be grateful he shares his work at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I totally get that no user should pester modders incessantly, but can we refrain from calling out posters when they affirm their love for a certain mod and just want to know how it's going?  I feel it hurts the community as much as pestering :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

@Everyone: I'm sure the author is aware that people are anxiously awaiting an update, and if they wanted help I'm sure they would ask. Please be patient and respectful with the author (as you should with anyone).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2016 at 1:52 AM, xEvilReeperx said:

I'm working on it as time allows and the main constraint is that I just don't have a ton of it. I haven't really posted because I keep telling myself "well, it's almost done and I can release in a few days, I'll wait until then" and then RL strikes or I run into a snag that requires a bunch of rethinking and before I know it, yet another week has passed :(

Sounds good, thank you!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right, as it seems that this thread can't go for even a page without devolving into complaints or UPDATES PLOX it's going to be locked pro tem. @xEvilReeperx Please message a moderator or report a post when you've got an update/want this thread unlocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.