[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

For millennia the kerbal kind lived and grown in underground caves, that were comfortable and worked well with his no-very-smart and wild life style. The kerbals thought the universe was an infinite potato, crossed by his galleries . They believed that everything revolved around them...

Some dared to rise to the Kerbin surface (without much interest and by necessity) but none of those trips transcended until Colon Kerman, a former adventurer, who claimed to have discovered that Kerbin it was not an infinite potato... it was a spherical potato with limits, with an entire surface to discover!. And even more: Kerbin revolved around a huge potato of fire that illuminate everything! ...and they named it as "Kerbol".
Thus ended the dark age of the kerbal kind and began his Age of Discovery .
But that was only the beginning. When finally the kerbals had adjusted to the idea of living in a huge (but limited) potato orbited by kerbol, hitherto unparalleled geniuses came to initiate a genuine cultural revolution and above all... scientific!

mNAO4bO.jpg

Kerbals as Leon Kermanci, Lileo Kermanlei, Nico Kermanicus or Isac Kermanewton, that with its studies and experiments dared to question everything set: the universe is immensely large and is governed by specific forces that can be understood and used; Kerbin is only a planet that orbits actually Kerbol, along with many others yet to be discovered.
Suddenly, a beautiful immensity was opened to the Kerbal species. He had begun his Renaissance.

fSi1PMl.jpg

So what is KSPRC ?
The Renaissance Compilation, or KSPRC, is a compilation of artworks and configurations by Proot (a.k.a. Tato) for some of the most popular sonorous and visual mods for KSP, in order to get the most immersive and beautiful vanilla experience. Here you can see a video of the early stages of development, now is much better!

New screenshoots coming soon.

Note that all images are in-game. That means, what you see here is what you get.

How to use KSPRC?
Just merge the content of the .zip inside your "Kerbal Space Program" folder, overwriting any file necessary.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MOD CAN OVERWRITE TEXTURES AND CONFIG FILES FROM THE GAME AND SOME MODS!
I'm not responsible if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous stock or personalized files or configs!!

For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of KSP. If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized data before use this.
This pack is intended only for entertaiment, has nothing to do with Squad and I don't respond for derivated problems.

KSPRC IS POWERED BY:

"Texture Replacer" by shaw (MIT license / Copyright © 2013-2015 Davorin Učakar, Ryan Bray)

"Environmental Visual Enhancements" by Rbray89 (MIT license / Copyright © 2013 Ryan Bray)

"Scatterer" by blackrack (GPLv3 / Copyright © 2015 Ghassen Lahmar)

"Kopernicus" by Thomas P. with NathanKell and KillAshley (GNU GPL / Created by BryceSchroeder and Teknoman117)

"Kopernicus Expansion" by MrHappyFace (GNU GPL)

"Distat Object Enhancement" by MOARdV (Creative Commons [cc-by] / Created by Rubber Ducky)

"PlanetShine" by Valerian (Apache license 2.0 / Copyright 2014, Valerian Gaudeau)

WBPvWdp.png

DOWNLOAD:

SPACEDOCK

CURSE

TO INSTALL:
Just drag the content from the .zip file inside your "Kerbal Space Program" folder (in .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/).

This is for free. I do this for fun & my love to KSP but it took me a lot of time, so if you think this worth something and you want to do a donation for a hot coffee... I'll be truly grateful. Thank you!

hOMpXM5.gif

Frequently Asked Questions:

- How many resources consume this modification?

This modification involves using several mods and adds songs, sounds and textures in high resolution, which implies an inevitable high increase in the memory usage. That's why force the OpenGL or DirectX11 mode is pretty necessary for the moment. Play this on Linux 64bit is more pleasant.

- KSPRC in RSS?

Yes and no. Probably can be adapted without much trouble, but it has not been designed for it, and is not contemplated atm. If you play RSS and want to adapt it, please, share the results to reach as many people as possible.

LICENSES:

KSPRC is licensed as CC-BY-ND (meanwhile this does not conflict with other previous/higher licenses).

The KSP Main Theme version is a Emil Persson's work. Licensed as CC-BY. You can hear it here: https://soundcloud.com/emil-persson-12/kerbal-space-program-main

©Music: Lead Dev. HarvesteR at Squad | kerbalspaceprogram.com/

The two paulstretched versions created for me from the main theme follow his original license.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: - under construction -

Squad for KSP and all the involved to the game.
KSP community for be so fun, special, patient and GREAT!
NathanKell for RSS and his patience with me.
Nazari1382 for allow the use of my textures and configs in his great "Hot Rockets!" mod, with his very well done .mu parts.
Emil Persson for his amazing music.
rbray89 for his fantastic mods ATM and EVE.
Shaw for his amazing and so fun TR and his tweaks in the visor shader.
GamerGaius for his help, tests and great feedback.
To Endraxial, for the inspiration, his constructivism and his 101 lessons.
PizzaOverHead for his magic with the sound on this game.
The mod creators, in general, for allow this with his work and creativity.
The spanish community for wait me patiently to work in future translations.

Edited by Proot
Updated

This looks interesting, but you've added a whole bunch of mods I don't care for. I hardly ever play with the sound on anymore, so Chatterer and Sountrackreplacer would just wind up talking to a wall. I'm not sure about Hot Rockets/Cool Rockets, could be nice, but I'm wondering if the effects are worth it. I probably won't install these mods, but instead use your mod to replace the things I do use.

Sorry, I'm kind of half-assing it, but I also have several other mods installed that are making my game choke on memory. C'mon, Unity 64 build, c'mon!

I have found 2 bugs:

1. The SRB smoke is a bit strange. I don't know if it is suppose to look like this.

2. When you get up high there is a sharp edge of the atmosphere.

Here's some screenshots.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

---Updated---

http://i.imgur.com/pUg2H9S.jpg"]Also there is a strange black hexagon in the ocean. I am guessing it is caused by the shadows or something. I'm not reporting these bugs in a negative way. I have fallen in love with this pack and I just want to help out by showing you bugs so you can fix them. :D

Edited by tygoo7

Proot this .. is just amazing. Congratulations on the release. Ive loved your work since your first cloud pack posted in EVE.

EDIT: Ive noticed a bug. Im guessing it might be with CoolRockets. Sorry if this has been addressed in that mods thread, but I cannot get any DeltaV readings from MechJeb.

Also.. another thing I just noticed on a sub-orbital flight. At about 50km id say the blue haze snaps in. That's fine, but as I ascended I noticed that at about 150km another layer sets in. That layer appears to have less of haze and is MUCH sharper. And as I descended the hazy layer sets in again. Now I know theres an LOD that changes terrain, but the clouds themselves seem to change in resolution. Ill have to play around with it some more in the morning. Loving the new feel this gives the game.

Edited by Motokid600

Anyone else getting weird "atmospheres" over bodies that definitely don't have atmospheres? I think it has to do with DOE, but I'm not sure. This may have to do with what Motokid was saying, that "blue haze" that snaps in, except it's grey on bodies like Mun or Ike. Very noticeable in both map view and from the body's surface.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's not DOE, but it's something. Give me a bit and I can post a screenshot.

EDIT 2: Screenshots below. The first is a flag I have on the Mun's surface, the second is a map shot. Note that the first picture is a full on day-side (i.e. in full sunlight) shot.

EDIT 2, part deux: Switched to imgur link.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Brun

How customizable is this build? Could I just take certain parts from it like the planet textures and cloud layers or would that get messed up because of configs?

All in all, very beautiful work.

Edit: Yup, everything seems to work fine without custom Kerbal and stock part textures. Also, I skipped the hot and cool rocket stuff. These planet textures are absolutely gorgeous and so is the galaxy in the background. Truly, a piece of art.

Edited by Honeybadga

I have found 2 bugs:

1. The SRB smoke is a bit strange. I don't know if it is suppose to look like this.

2. When you get up high there is a sharp edge of the atmosphere.

Here's some screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/tUKvJ

About 1: That shouldn't be happening. Looks like a) you are not using a clean install b)you are not using the latest Hot Rockets/SmokeScreen plugin... and/or c) your .mu files are not the originals from Nazari's "Hot Rockets!"

About 2: That's a litte problem with the layers, yet to be solved in EVE. I'm working to avoid it.

Ive noticed a bug. Im guessing it might be with CoolRockets. Sorry if this has been addressed in that mods thread, but I cannot get any DeltaV readings from MechJeb.

Also.. another thing I just noticed on a sub-orbital flight. At about 50km id say the blue haze snaps in. That's fine, but as I ascended I noticed that at about 150km another layer sets in. That layer appears to have less of haze and is MUCH sharper. And as I descended the hazy layer sets in again. Now I know theres an LOD that changes terrain, but the clouds themselves seem to change in resolution. Ill have to play around with it some more in the morning. Loving the new feel this gives the game.

I'm suffering that MechJeb problem too, but I think is not related at all with my work here. I've got partially solved with the last mechjeb release dev. If I'm wrong, please tell me more about the problem.

As I say before about the layers, is not a bug. Is an unpolished detail in EVE. I think Rbrays knows about it. Anyways I'm working in ways to avoid it.

A note: you might want to consider using RSS to directly tweak the atmosphere objects rather than using EVE cloudlayers to do so.

Have RSS some tool that I don't know for that?

Anyone else getting weird "atmospheres" over bodies that definitely don't have atmospheres? I think it has to do with DOE, but I'm not sure. This may have to do with what Motokid was saying, that "blue haze" that snaps in, except it's grey on bodies like Mun or Ike. Very noticeable in both map view and from the body's surface.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's not DOE, but it's something. Give me a bit and I can post a screenshot.

EDIT 2: Screenshots below. The first is a flag I have on the Mun's surface, the second is a map shot. Note that the first picture is a full on day-side (i.e. in full sunlight) shot.

EDIT 2, part deux: Switched to imgur link.

http://imgur.com/a/uxEoP

That shouldn't be happening. Looks like you don't have the last version of EVE.

Uhh, are the smoke and rocket exhausts effects supposed to look like cotton balls and oranges respectively or did something go very wrong?

Sorry but that is a quite bad feedback if you want my help. I don't know if you don't like the FX or if you have a problem. :P

That shouldn't be happening. Looks like you don't have the last version of EVE.

Ah, there was an update yesterday. Testing...

EDIT: Looks like that fixed the map shots. Surface shots for Mun and Ike are still grey and hazy like that.

Edited by Brun

Proot: it does indeed! You know that big glow on the horizon that planets with atmospheres have? You can edit density, height, and color (two ways). There's an ingame editor (left ALT + G) and various stats you can add to the cfg.

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/wiki/AtmosphereFromGround-RSS-Settings

Yeah Proot sorry for the undescriptive help, I am having the same problem as Tygoo7, I do have a clean install (I reinstalled KSP before installing your mod's dependencies and then this, I did erase the TGAs)

The smoke and exhaust effects look fine for all the other engines I have tested so far, it's just the SRBs.

About 1: That shouldn't be happening. Looks like a) you are not using a clean install b)you are not using the latest Hot Rockets/SmokeScreen plugin... and/or c) your .mu files are not the originals from Nazari's "Hot Rockets!"

Can confirm that this is a RC bug. Completely fresh install, and newest versions of everything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.