[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Various OSX versions seems to have some type of problem handling the texture packs (not only with this), especially when involves high resolution textures. I will release a "MAC version" in the future, with the 8k textures reduced to low resolutions, in order to try to avoid that problems.

Thanks for the reply Proot. Is there any sort of hotfix I could do on my own that would hold me over? I mentioned it seems to be based on the textures from KSPRC's 'Default' Texture Replaceer folder.,, Can I take them out with no ill effects?

Thanks for the reply Proot. Is there any sort of hotfix I could do on my own that would hold me over? I mentioned it seems to be based on the textures from KSPRC's 'Default' Texture Replaceer folder.,, Can I take them out with no ill effects?

Seems like the clouds shadows texture (2k) works well.

For the moment try to use the EVE's stock low-res cloud texture (2k too) for Kerbin in the blouderco/clouds/textures folder.

Edited by Proot

Macs should be able to handle 4096, so find all 8192 textures and resize them to 1/2 in each dimension.

Downloaded the hotfix, unrared it right over the old files, and I've still got the haze around the moons, as well as Moho, Dres, and Eeloo. Looks very strange for bodies that don't have atmosphere.

Hmm. The hotfix is working for me on the moons. :huh:

The cloudlayers.cfg in the BoulderCo folder still specifies a bunch of atmospheric layers, including the (Three!) I saw on Moho. I'm using an nvidia 780, latest beta drivers, if the clouds are fixed for you, are you using something similar?

Anyone else use Final Frontier and have this issue when they install this mod?

I have Final Frontier, but I don't see anything wrong in your picture?

(Unless you didnt intentionally censor the ribbons, which doesnt happen to me)

Hmm, interesting compilation. I'm not sure I want everything included since some of the mods involved don't currently interest me, but as far as I can tell I should be able to just hand-pick which parts of the pack I want to install (namely, the ones corresponding to the mods that I do have). And if it doesn't work that way, I suppose I'll find out shortly.

Edited by FenrirWolf

Well I have been using it the last two days and it all works properly.

It adds a nice overall polish to the game and it's something Squad should look at. I know squad is planning a number of these things already.

I like the new deeper red and orange city lights of Environmental Visual Enhancements, but I'm not a fan of the dots that make up the lights when closer to the surface.

I think it would be better to just redden the stock lights from that pack if that is possible?

The cloudlayers.cfg in the BoulderCo folder still specifies a bunch of atmospheric layers, including the (Three!) I saw on Moho. I'm using an nvidia 780, latest beta drivers, if the clouds are fixed for you, are you using something similar?

Are you still seeing the layers of haze around planets after the hotfix? I am and I have the same gpu as you do.

Some issue with cloudlayers:

http://youtu.be/Y5iVmRT3njk

Very useful, thank you! I working on a fix. Available in a short time.

I like the new deeper red and orange city lights of Environmental Visual Enhancements, but I'm not a fan of the dots that make up the lights when closer to the surface.

I think it would be better to just redden the stock lights from that pack if that is possible?

In the reality, from space, you can't see a lot of details in city lights...

u5eSxkp.jpg

Damn you... KSPRC was the pack that finally made KSP too much for Aggressive ATM to handle... two CTDs in one morning... I think Soundtrack Editor will be the first to go. But the new textures and skybox are so gorgeous.. I didn't realise you'd retextured some stock parts too! The Mk1 and Mk1-2 pods look gorgeous, I love the landing legs.. Fantastic work, Proot!

It occurred to me today.. This, KW, blackhearts retextures, FAR all make a game that's extremely different to stock.. I prefer this one for sure.

Are you still seeing the layers of haze around planets after the hotfix? I am and I have the same gpu as you do.

Yep, still happening. It's a shame, because every other part of the pack is great - I'm going to try and go in and manually delete the cloudlayers from the .cfg file later, if I'm successful I'll put the modified version up for people having the same issue.

How can i keep this from touching blackhearts/StretchySRB textures? I removed their config files from BouderCo, but when i dropped this pack in it lowered the resolutions of those textures drastically. Now..iirc i didnt see any ATM configs in the download just a single .cfg. So sorry if i maybe missed something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.