[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Curious question, does anyone else NOT like the SRB's sound effects?

That are SRB real sounds from the NASA tests. A bit lowered in volume anb distortion, in fact.

Edited by Proot

http://www./download/qpeqmx8d69zrauu/cloudLayers.cfg

Here's a version without the haze around Minmus, Mun, Moho, Eeloo, and Dres. Just drag and drop it over the existing file in the /Gamedata/BoulderCo/Clouds/ folder.

@Proot: What were you going for with these, and is it maybe our GPUs that are making it look like an atmosphere? I'd like to see a screenshot of how they look on your computer to see if it's less pronounced.

http://www./download/qpeqmx8d69zrauu/cloudLayers.cfg

Here's a version without the haze around Minmus, Mun, Moho, Eeloo, and Dres. Just drag and drop it over the existing file in the /Gamedata/BoulderCo/Clouds/ folder.

@Proot: What were you going for with these, and is it maybe our GPUs that are making it look like an atmosphere? I'd like to see a screenshot of how they look on your computer to see if it's less pronounced.

I have an Nvidia 660M and nor Minmus or the Mun have a haze, haven't checked the other bodies yet.

That are SRB real sounds from the NASA tests. A bit lowered in volume anb distortion, in fact.

I wasn't complaining or anything, just wondering if I was the only one that didn't like them...

Edited by Tigermisu

Is there a way to optimize the EVE part of this pack? It is really killing my framerate down to 10fps to 20fps. I use to have 40fps to 50fps with normal EVE.

Optimize in what way? You can use the textures at lower resolutions, but the textures can't be better optimized, as far I know... I'm using the same texture sizes in the EVE hi-res pack.

Optimize in what way? You can use the textures at lower resolutions, but the textures can't be better optimized, as far I know... I'm using the same texture sizes in the EVE hi-res pack.

Wait nevermind. The EVE is not causing the slowdown because I just tested it with normal EVE. I'm adding each part one by one to see which one is causing the slowdown.

---Updated---

I guess it is just my computer because even normal EVE it is slow. :P

Edited by tygoo7

Working to fix the problem, but hat "jump" effect in the scene (despite the bug in the atmosphere fading) is in the stock game itself so can't be completely avoid. As the game has no clouds or atmospheric effects this is less noticeable in the stock game. Is the ingame visual change from planetary to map scene style, when terrain details goes to the "flat" map view version.

Next version comes with a complete overhaul of the atmospheres. Eve landings among the clouds gonna become absolutely epic and insanely beauty.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Proot

How can i keep this from touching blackhearts/StretchySRB textures? I removed their config files from BouderCo, but when i dropped this pack in it lowered the resolutions of those textures drastically. Now..iirc i didnt see any ATM configs in the download just a single .cfg. So sorry if i maybe missed something.

Delete blackheart cache folder from Active Texture Management. Add the blackheart config back in to the ATM configs in boulder co.

Change the contents of config to this:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = blackheart

enabled = false

}

OR if that doesn't work:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = blackheart

enabled = true

NORMAL_LIST

{

texture = blackheart/Castor/castormap

texture = blackheart/KW/1MMap

texture = blackheart/KW/3MMap

texture = blackheart/KW/BottomMap

texture = blackheart/KW/TopMap

}

OVERRIDES

{

blackheart/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

Apologies for large post but this gives 2 possible solutions.

Edited by Green Skull

Working to fix the problem, but hat "jump" effect in the scene (despite the bug in the atmosphere fading) is in the stock game itself so can't be completely avoid. As the game has no clouds or atmospheric effects this is less noticeable in the stock game. Is the ingame visual change from planetary to map scene style, when terrain details goes to the "flat" map view version.

Next version comes with a complete overhaul of the atmospheres. Eve landings among the clouds gonna become absolutely epic and insanely beauty.

Awesome! Can't wait. Also I figured out most of the slowdown is just at KSC. Once I get to another place on Kerbin it goes to about 30fps. :)

Delete blackheart cache folder from Active Texture Management. Add the blackheart config back in to the ATM configs in boulder co.

Thanks GreenSkull ill try that, but uhh.. why do I have to add the blackheart config back into ATM? If I just leave it out wont ATM just ignore that folder all together?

Oh.. and something Ive been meaning to ask in general. How would I go about adding the SRB effects to the StretchySRB? Is it just a matter of copying over some modules?

Edited by Motokid600

I use Mac, so I have the ****ING NO "MERGE" THING NOT ****ING POPPING UP! THIS ****ING MEANS THAT I ****ING HAVE TO ****ING MANUALLY COPY EVERY ****ING FILE INTO EVERY ****ING FOLDER! (I'm sorry that I sweared a lot like Gordon Ramsay, but I am VERY angry because of Apple's ignorance) Can you please help me?

I use Mac, so I have the ****ING NO "MERGE" THING NOT ****ING POPPING UP! THIS ****ING MEANS THAT I ****ING HAVE TO ****ING MANUALLY COPY EVERY ****ING FILE INTO EVERY ****ING FOLDER! (I'm sorry that I sweared a lot like Gordon Ramsay, but I am VERY angry because of Apple's ignorance) Can you please help me?

Woah settle down there. I don't have experience with Macs, but maybe delete the old folders then put the new ones in? :)

Wow. I don't knew that Mac don't merge folders... Well... that is a small problem.

Is probably the first serious issue to think in redistribute the mods... but I don't like that idea, because a lot of it are still under development...

Are not any mod installers for MAC on spaceport or here in the forum?

Woah settle down there. I don't have experience with Macs, but maybe delete the old folders then put the new ones in? :)

Sorry, no that won't work because of the whole licensing thing, so basically all the KSPRC download has in it is supplementary content for the prerequisites. (Sorry if I used overly-complicated words)

Sorry, no that won't work because of the whole licensing thing, so basically all the KSPRC download has in it is supplementary content for the prerequisites. (Sorry if I used overly-complicated words)

I have zero experience with Macs, but is there an option to copy paste? Just be sure to paste into the right place.

Wow. I don't knew that Mac don't merge folders... Well... that is a small problem.

Is probably the first serious issue to think in redistribute the mods... but I don't like that idea, because a lot of it are still under development...

Are not any mod installers for MAC on spaceport or here in the forum?

No, sadly there isn't (I personally blame Bill Gates, because I don't like him and I like to be rash sometimes). I searched the forum, Spaceport (It glitched out as usual, giving me rover .craft files), Google, and Yahoo! (Even though it sucks).

Upgrade from your mac to a self build pc. This will solve all your problems :P

Well, it's more that I need a Mac for work purposes (and that I've invested a lot in my Mac, and because I love having NO viruses), so that's not really an option.

and because I love having NO viruses

[threadjack]

You do know that's because no-one bothers to write viruses for Macs, right? The only reason Windows gets more viruses is because more people use it. That aside, Macs are no more prone to viruses than Windows - you get stupid people opening a 35kb exe files when all they really wanted was Darude - Sandstorm off of Limewire, regardless of operating system.

[/threadjack]

I have zero experience with Macs, but is there an option to copy paste? Just be sure to paste into the right place.

It's a bit more complicated than that, Finder (the Mac equivalent of Explorer, NOT Internet Explorer) (used) to give you multiple options when copying and pasting: Replace, Stop, Merge, Keep Both, and Skip, the problem is that in a more recent version of Mac OS X, the Merge option "vanished", so basically I'm screwed (and it's because of Bill Gates). And can we STOP having the ****ING Mac vs. PC fight! It seems like every thread has had this fight at least once, can we please stop.

It's a bit more complicated than that, Finder (the Mac equivalent of Explorer, NOT Internet Explorer) (used) to give you multiple options when copying and pasting: Replace, Stop, Merge, Keep Both, and Skip, the problem is that in a more recent version of Mac OS X, the Merge option "vanished", so basically I'm screwed (and it's because of Bill Gates). And can we STOP having the ****ING Mac vs. PC fight! It seems like every thread has had this fight at least once, can we please stop.

While I'm completely unfamiliar with Macs (my specialties are PC and Linux), I do know Macs are UNIX-based and have a (mostly) POSIX-compliant shell language. Is there any way you could use the terminal to do something like:

cp -Rf KSPRC/* KSP

Where KSPRC is the extracted KSPRC folder and KSP is your normal KSP directory?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.