[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I am probably deafening the rest of my house with how loud my laughing with excitement was then I saw the pictures. Hopefully KSP doesn't melt my RAM to the temperature of the core of Kerbol with all of the mods. Still, try MediaFire for downloads. MEGA angers me every time I download something from it because it does its own download as an excuse to drag it out, then the real, 1-second download happens.

I'm getting huge performance drops at Kerbin with this mod. Is Active Texture Management compatibility functional for aggressive mode too? My PC isn't exactly weak so I wasn't expecting it to be permanently in the yellow, i7 2600k for reference with gtx 580. I actually decided to add most of the mods in the end aside from soundtrack editor and the navball one, so perhaps that's not helping? I don't know though, it's kind of exclusive to Kerbin so far as things run fine at the Mun.

Otherwise I really love this mod, It looks absolutely beautiful in action and makes me want to spend more time with it, but unfortunately I may have to revert to the standard EVE mod for the extra performance. I expected it to ruin performance on my laptop but not on my rig. Is this standard for the mod or is something acting unusual for me?

Question.. I don't use any of Squads parts. So if I delete the texture of parts I don't have in TextureReplacer will I be okay? Sadly I may do the same with the kerbals to save a bit if memory. No offence of course.. but what I want to know is will I be okay just deleting the textures I don't want ? For instance i don't know if there's a config file I'll have to tweak or not so that there's nothing trying to load textures that aren't there.

In that case (if you gonna delete the heads) you should make you own .cfg for Texture Replacer. Copy the heads contents from the default TR .cfg file into the KSPRC.cfg file. At the end you should have a merge of my TR & suit configurations and the heads configs from the stock TR.

I think that is the only thing you need to do.

I'm getting huge performance drops at Kerbin with this mod. Is Active Texture Management compatibility functional for aggressive mode too? My PC isn't exactly weak so I wasn't expecting it to be permanently in the yellow, i7 2600k for reference with gtx 580. I actually decided to add most of the mods in the end aside from soundtrack editor and the navball one, so perhaps that's not helping? I don't know though, it's kind of exclusive to Kerbin so far as things run fine at the Mun.

Otherwise I really love this mod, It looks absolutely beautiful in action and makes me want to spend more time with it, but unfortunately I may have to revert to the standard EVE mod for the extra performance. I expected it to ruin performance on my laptop but not on my rig. Is this standard for the mod or is something acting unusual for me?

If you are using the HD version of EVE without performance drops that behaviour is not normal at all... because I'm not adding too much (in memory terms) into Kerbin from the stock EVE... even less in this new version... and that, obviously, shouldn't be a problem for your type of machine.

I'm using all this without problems in my Nvidia Geforce 9600GT.

Edited by Proot

Huh that is kind of odd then. I can't remember whether I actually had HD or low res EVE installed at the time I added KSPRC, but I haven't had performance issues with either in the past. Could there be any problems if this mod was installed over low rez EVE or would it just correct itself manually? I also noticed that the orbital paths of the moons surrounding Jool show through the planet but I couldn't decide whether that was a sign that something was going wrong somewhere or a design choice since the planet has no solid surface.

Outside of that the only thing I messed with was removing the Kerbals EVA suits etc, since I'm using Greenskulls. The only other thing that I can think of is that I have a rather large amount of mods that add parts, particularly B9 and KW, and that it could be causing the issue but then I would have thought the game would just crash from hitting the RAM limit. I can always try a re-install tomorrow anyway and trim the fat from some of the other mods somewhere if needs be too. I can see myself dropping a few of the regularly used mods to squeeze this in. It really does make everything look fantastic. I love the dust effects around the moons and the heat blasted Moho!

Edit: Also to note, the ship I used to test the mod with was only 50 parts, and typically I could hover comfortably around 300. Hence I figured I may have messed up the install.

Edited by Kerbonautical

In that case (if you gonna delete the heads) you should make you own .cfg for Texture Replacer. Copy the heads contents from the default TR .cfg file into the KSPRC.cfg file. At the end you should have a merge of my TR & suit configurations and the heads configs from the stock TR.

I think that is the only thing you need to do.

Hm. Well I did get a crash on load up so it seems I do have some fat to trim. So I'd like to delete the heads and the suits.. at this point do I even need the KSPRC .cfg file?

Also crashes here, installed the nec mods, get big fps drops as well on kerbal. It also like to crash during mapview for me hm.. Great work you put into this pack but i stick to the only lights and cloud mod for now with my own configs

Also crashes here, installed the nec mods, get big fps drops as well on kerbal. It also like to crash during mapview for me hm.. Great work you put into this pack but i stick to the only lights and cloud mod for now with my own configs

I can't do anything if you don't give me some useful info...

No crashes here, but serious FPS drop compared to the last version.. I'll keep it all though, I don't mind launching a slideshow, I like a little challenge now and then :D

How much is serious FPS drop? Have you that problems all the time or only in some craft/sites?

I'm afraid that I can't do nothing If you don't give me more info.

BTW. All textures are deeply optimized in the new version (For example auroras are only a new texture, around 360KB...); I'm using less EVE layers to get the same effects than before...

If you are experiencing performance or visual problems probably you are not doing something right.

Please people, make your reports with calm: try to explain me the problem for real, where or how are you finding it, if you have a clean and complete install of the pack or not... you know, useful info.

This thread could be fun and useful or just a lot of complains caused by not read or not do what is supposed you had to do in the first place.:wink:

Just tried this mod for the first time, the models look great but my game gave up before leaving the VAB. Is there any way to use only the upgraded part models since I already use EVE?

Try to delete the "Sondtrack Editor" folder while the next version (with dynamic loading) comes out. That should give you an extra memory saving. Maybe that allow you to use all else without rip the pack too much.

Edit: added a media fire mirror in the OP... I'm trying to find why I can't upload this to spaceport.

Edited by Proot

Just a question? How can I leave out the new rocket textures, honestly I really dislike them. I want most of the awesome effects, but how can I remove the different looking kerbals and the new rocket textures?

Just a question? How can I leave out the new rocket textures, honestly I really dislike them. I want most of the awesome effects, but how can I remove the different looking kerbals and the new rocket textures?

Look at the files in Texture Replacer Folder: Basically, omit the 'Squad' folder completely, and the 'Heads' folder.

Going forward, if there's a texture you don't want to see in the game, you can look through the 'Texture Replacer' folder and delete anything you don't want to see in game. Simple.

For things liks cloud textures or city textures, you will find those in the BoulderCo folder.

Good luck.

Edited by jstnj

I had a bit of difficulty getting everything running properly, but I've finally got it working and it looks so beautiful! Thank you, you've done a fine job on making the game so much more visually appealing.

I tend to play stock-ish (with the exception of little things like KSPX, KER, and the like) but to me, what really enhances gameplay is not new parts - it's the visual and auditory experience of spaceflight. So this is right up my alley!

I expect that once I install the other mods and plugins I always use, I'll be porting my save over to this build - because I can't imagine going back to the plain looking KSP anymore.

Tried a reinstall again and I still appear to be getting performance issues regarding Kerbin and I think possibly the clouds which cause the game to render at single digits when I look square at them. I'm not sure why but they appear to be drawing a lot more power than usual for some reason. Also there was a couple other things that I'm not sure are supposed to be happening so I took screenshots to see if this is correct behaviour.

First off is Kerbin, I only included this since other bodies seem to have unusual auras around them and since Kerbin is the one causing me some trouble I figured I should include a screenshot to make sure it isn't suffering from a similar thing. Does this look all ok here?

whKDBGu.jpg

Next up is the mun which has a dust cloud up to around 50000m. I didn't see any of this in your screenshots which made me wonder, is this supposed to happen?

RCZLrrE.jpg

The same is happening at Minmus too, just not as dense

8APLFHa.jpg

And finally it looks like maybe the effects of the Sun on Moho are doubling up on mine? Again, I'm not sure if it's supposed to behave this way, just trying to find some signs of the mod not behaving correctly since I can't seem to boost the performance.

fiHmgPk.jpg

Just wanted to check all of these are common behaviour since some didn't match the screenshots on the first page. I cant try starting from a clean install and applying this compilation first too if needs be

First off is Kerbin, I only included this since other bodies seem to have unusual auras around them and since Kerbin is the one causing me some trouble I figured I should include a screenshot to make sure it isn't suffering from a similar thing. Does this look all ok here?

http://i.imgur.com/whKDBGu.jpg

Next up is the mun which has a dust cloud up to around 50000m. I didn't see any of this in your screenshots which made me wonder, is this supposed to happen?

http://i.imgur.com/RCZLrrE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8APLFHa.jpg

Yep, I'm getting that too.. It's annoying that EVE doesn't save settings properly because I managed to get the Mun looking perfect but it was gone next time I started up the game..

I will say though, the 'no white horizons' thing is looking spectacular.

How much is serious FPS drop? Have you that problems all the time or only in some craft/sites?

I'm afraid that I can't do nothing If you don't give me more info.

BTW. All textures are deeply optimized in the new version (For example auroras are only a new texture, around 360KB...); I'm using less EVE layers to get the same effects than before...

If you are experiencing performance or visual problems probably you are not doing something right.

Apologies for first the double post and second, for not explaining my problem clearly.

I'll try different crafts, but while launching from Kerbin in a relatively low part count ship, I'd say FPS was in the single digits while looking horizontally. Not sure if this is the clouds or water or whatever, but the FPS increased whenever I looked skyward.

What I don't understand is that this would've worked fine on the previous version, so I must've made some mistake while installing, but I'm almost positive I didn't. Reinstalling will take a while because I have some of my own edits I'd rather not replace so I'll have to keep them safe while I delete everything around them.. Hrmm, I'll get back to you.

Tried a reinstall again and I still appear to be getting performance issues regarding Kerbin and I think possibly the clouds which cause the game to render at single digits when I look square at them. I'm not sure why but they appear to be drawing a lot more power than usual for some reason. Also there was a couple other things that I'm not sure are supposed to be happening so I took screenshots to see if this is correct behaviour.

http://i.imgur.com/whKDBGu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RCZLrrE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8APLFHa.jpg

And finally it looks like maybe the effects of the Sun on Moho are doubling up on mine? Again, I'm not sure if it's supposed to behave this way, just trying to find some signs of the mod not behaving correctly since I can't seem to boost the performance.

http://i.imgur.com/fiHmgPk.jpg

Just wanted to check all of these are common behaviour since some didn't match the screenshots on the first page. I cant try starting from a clean install and applying this compilation first too if needs be

I don't understand how you have problems solved two versions ago... Have you Environmental Visual Enhancements updated?

You are simply not doing right the install.

@Proot: You've forgotten to re-generate normal maps for Suit2/3. You've changed shoes but there are still the old shoes on the normal map.

Completely true, my bad. I will fix that for the next update. Many thanks Shaw.

Edited by Proot

I'm pretty sure I had at least a reasonably new version of EVE, I've been on a big spree of reapplying and testing new mods for the past few days so almost everything is new. The only out of date mod I've stumbled across so far was Raster Prop Monitor which probably has no way of affecting this and is also now up to date. Just to make sure I'm going to go back and completely wipe Chatterer, EVE and Texture Replacer again and make sure I didn't open up an old rar file instead of the latest one.

I'm pretty sure I had at least a reasonably new version of EVE, I've been on a big spree of reapplying and testing new mods for the past few days so almost everything is new. The only out of date mod I've stumbled across so far was Raster Prop Monitor which probably has no way of affecting this and is also now up to date. Just to make sure I'm going to go back and completely wipe Chatterer, EVE and Texture Replacer again and make sure I didn't open up an old rar file instead of the latest one.

I hope you remove the old foldersbefore reinstalling :wink:

I hope you remove the old foldersbefore reinstalling :wink:

Always, but it appears that I may have opened the wrong RAR folder when installing EVE. I think I may have applied 7.2 instead at first. The bugs around the planets are now gone and it's freed up some more performance too. Though I'm still getting low performance with even 26 part ships. I'm going to drop all of the Squad retextures as they seem to be displaying at a much higher rez than most other parts on my install, and remove hot and cool rockets. At this point it feels more like I'm just hitting a performance wall so will trim the fat and see what results I get.

Always, but it appears that I may have opened the wrong RAR folder when installing EVE. I think I may have applied 7.2 instead at first. The bugs around the planets are now gone and it's freed up some more performance too. Though I'm still getting low performance with even 26 part ships. I'm going to drop all of the Squad retextures as they seem to be displaying at a much higher rez than most other parts on my install, and remove hot and cool rockets. At this point it feels more like I'm just hitting a performance wall so will trim the fat and see what results I get.

Your best bet would be to drop SmokeScreen rather than Hot/Cool Rockets. The flame and cryo textures aren't affecting the framerate, it's the persistent smoke from SmokeScreen that is causing the issue (and perhaps the clouds from EVE, but I've got an i5 2500k and a GTX550Ti [crummy vid card and very mid-range processor from 2+ years ago] and I run just fine on best settings available). You may need to remove hot rockets, however, to get rid of all the SmokeScreen effects.

Your best bet would be to drop SmokeScreen rather than Hot/Cool Rockets. The flame and cryo textures aren't affecting the framerate, it's the persistent smoke from SmokeScreen that is causing the issue (and perhaps the clouds from EVE, but I've got an i5 2500k and a GTX550Ti [crummy vid card and very mid-range processor from 2+ years ago] and I run just fine on best settings available). You may need to remove hot rockets, however, to get rid of all the SmokeScreen effects.

I tried taking off hot/cool rockets and smokescreen along with the Squad retetxures. It has freed up even more performance to the point that a 26 part ship is not launching too bad now. It really does seem I've hit a performance overhead but stayed within the RAM overhead. Would removing parts mods make much of a difference if it's performance that I'm struggling with rather than crashes?

I tried taking off hot/cool rockets and smokescreen along with the Squad retetxures. It has freed up even more performance to the point that a 26 part ship is not launching too bad now. It really does seem I've hit a performance overhead but stayed within the RAM overhead. Would removing parts mods make much of a difference if it's performance that I'm struggling with rather than crashes?

I wouldn't think so...if you're staying underneath the RAM limit, removing mods that just include parts shouldn't have any affect on your framerate.

Another thing I just thought of...how much debris do you have up in space or around the launch pad? Each piece of debris has to be calculated if it is within a certain distance, and Distant Object Enhancement MAY (not certain if it does) push the limit out further so it can render certain objects (debris, space stations, orbiting items). Super-high debris count could cause this issue if it's within the render distance I would think.

I wouldn't think so...if you're staying underneath the RAM limit, removing mods that just include parts shouldn't have any affect on your framerate.

Another thing I just thought of...how much debris do you have up in space or around the launch pad? Each piece of debris has to be calculated if it is within a certain distance, and Distant Object Enhancement MAY (not certain if it does) push the limit out further so it can render certain objects (debris, space stations, orbiting items). Super-high debris count could cause this issue if it's within the render distance I would think.

Currently I'm testing from a fresh Sandbox whilst I try and optimize the performance on my PC so there's nothing in the game but my ship. As another test I switched to my Mining module and Habitat Module on Minmus from my main save and performance was absolutely perfect despite there being at least 150 parts parked right next to each other in total. To add to the confusion I also just launched a 100+ part ship and discovered my performance is now higher whilst in the clouds than at around 30,000m.

Does KSPRC also add any atmospheric effects that typically wouldn't be in the game too? I already removed the rockets mods but I'm still seeing new atmospheric effects that weren't in the stock game and I get the feeling taking them out would also get me an extra nudge to the performance. I really need to stress the beauty of this mod again though. Even the nights on Minmus look breathtaking now.

Currently I'm testing from a fresh Sandbox whilst I try and optimize the performance on my PC so there's nothing in the game but my ship. As another test I switched to my Mining module and Habitat Module on Minmus from my main save and performance was absolutely perfect despite there being at least 150 parts parked right next to each other in total. To add to the confusion I also just launched a 100+ part ship and discovered my performance is now higher whilst in the clouds than at around 30,000m.

Does KSPRC also add any atmospheric effects that typically wouldn't be in the game too? I already removed the rockets mods but I'm still seeing new atmospheric effects that weren't in the stock game and I get the feeling taking them out would also get me an extra nudge to the performance. I really need to stress the beauty of this mod again though. Even the nights on Minmus look breathtaking now.

I think the effects are added in EVE (~GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures). I believe Proot has added the atmosphere textures as .png files in there somewhere. This is also where Duna sandstorms, aouroras, etc... are all added to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.