[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Currently I'm testing from a fresh Sandbox whilst I try and optimize the performance on my PC so there's nothing in the game but my ship. As another test I switched to my Mining module and Habitat Module on Minmus from my main save and performance was absolutely perfect despite there being at least 150 parts parked right next to each other in total. To add to the confusion I also just launched a 100+ part ship and discovered my performance is now higher whilst in the clouds than at around 30,000m.

Does KSPRC also add any atmospheric effects that typically wouldn't be in the game too? I already removed the rockets mods but I'm still seeing new atmospheric effects that weren't in the stock game and I get the feeling taking them out would also get me an extra nudge to the performance. I really need to stress the beauty of this mod again though. Even the nights on Minmus look breathtaking now.

Are you running at a reduced graphical level at all? Any effects turned down in the options? Because that's almost what that looks like to me. The way my game looks, even planets and moons with no atmosphere have a slight 'glow' to them where the sun is shining on them, but it's never harsh enough to look like atmosphere.

Ahh ok, I'm guessing that would be the folder in there labelled particle then, everything else seems to be related to clouds and planets like the auroras you mentioned. Ill back it up and take it out to see if that removes them. They look kind of cloud like too though hence backing them up. I've also never actually checked this before, but I also just noticed my CPU usage from KSP never even hits 5%. I know it can't go too high due to Unity but is under 5% a sign that I should perhaps consider starting all this from scratch?

Are you running at a reduced graphical level at all? Any effects turned down in the options? Because that's almost what that looks like to me. The way my game looks, even planets and moons with no atmosphere have a slight 'glow' to them where the sun is shining on them, but it's never harsh enough to look like atmosphere.

I have everything maxed out as far as I remember. I only tend to lower things on my laptop to keep it stable

Ahh ok, I'm guessing that would be the folder in there labelled particle then, everything else seems to be related to clouds and planets like the auroras you mentioned. Ill back it up and take it out to see if that removes them. They look kind of cloud like too though hence backing them up. I've also never actually checked this before, but I also just noticed my CPU usage from KSP never even hits 5%. I know it can't go too high due to Unity but is under 5% a sign that I should perhaps consider starting all this from scratch?

Na, that's about right...my CPU never works too hard for KSP either (even when the physics is pushing hard)...I think all Physics calculations are currently limited to a single core of your 8 core processor. You likely have 1 core pegged out max and the other 7 are at near idle.

Na, that's about right...my CPU never works too hard for KSP either (even when the physics is pushing hard)...I think all Physics calculations are currently limited to a single core of your 8 core processor. You likely have 1 core pegged out max and the other 7 are at near idle.

Ahh ok, I can't wait to see Unity release version 5. Also I just found what was causing a lot of performance problems for me when heading towards LKO. I also installed the recommended Atmospheric Sound Enhancement mod (which is really cool by the way) but unfortunately that was messing with my FPS more and more the further I was getting into the vacuum of space, it was also the place where those atmospheric effects were coming from. It still stays locked in the yellow when looking directly at Kerbin from an LKO of about 80,000m but a quick change in camera angle can give me back a lot of those frames. I can totally work with it from here. I might even see if I can squeeze Hot Rockets and Cool rockets back in just without Smoke Screen.

I'm sure I have install this right but I'm getting problems with it loading. It tends to get stuck at certain points while loading then crashes. I've tried it with most of my mods removed and on lowest graphics settings but then the clouds wouldn't load and the terrain went very pixilated. I'm going to keep trying this out. It's likely that its my crappy graphics card but something tells me that something is either conflicting or something like that. Just wondered if anyone is getting something like this?

I'm sure I have install this right but I'm getting problems with it loading. It tends to get stuck at certain points while loading then crashes. I've tried it with most of my mods removed and on lowest graphics settings but then the clouds wouldn't load and the terrain went very pixilated. I'm going to keep trying this out. It's likely that its my crappy graphics card but something tells me that something is either conflicting or something like that. Just wondered if anyone is getting something like this?

Try to delete the textureCache folder, inside ActiveTextureManagement folder. Then let the game load again. ATM in combinations with so many new textures can produce much more slower first-loadings, be patient.

But for your comments you are probably hitting the RAM limit. So if that doesn't work, try to delete the "Sondtrack Editor" folder while the next version (with dynamic loading) comes out. That should give you an extra memory saving.

Ok, I reinstalled the ATM and switched the cloud textures from Boulder Co. to the low res version. I loaded the game and it worked just fine. I did though look at the texture cache and it still hasn't compressed the new cloud textures so I'll do what you suggest and remove the soundtrack editor. Thanks for the help.

Right i tried loading the game with nothing but the ATM,EVE, Boulder Co. folders and it still hasn't compressed the cloud textures. I have had EVE and ATM for a long time now so all this time I must have been running it with the clouds uncompressed I guess. I don't think this is your problem. I might ask Boulder Co. guy.

Uhm... I cant do any science o.0

Only mod parts ( Dmagic ) work. But everything else is just not there. No EVA report, crew, SciecneJr all of it. What could cause this?

Not sure if this would help, but heres KSP and output_log.

This is new as of this version.

Edit: Nevermind I'm sorry. It's OLDD doing it..

Edited by Motokid600

I downloaded this today and now I get in my debug window

[Exception]:UnityException:Texture WarpPlugin/ResourceData/Kerbin_Uraniaum' is not readable the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts you can make readable from the texture imports settings.

I cant seem to find the texture import settings. Can some one help?

Never mind i found it.

Edited by ebookah

Proot, first of all, thank you so much, this looks AMAZING! I can't wait to try it out! Second, I know that it takes a (very) long time to load the game, especially on the first load after downloading, but I was stuck on the loading screen for about 30 minutes while it tried to load the Texture Replacer Command Pod Mark 1 re-texture. That, and the fact that there was a message on my screen the entire time saying "KSP is not responding" makes me think there's something wrong with the files. Do you have any idea what it is?

Edited by Snarfield

This is all amazing, but the smokescreen is lagging my game alot, do you guys know how I could fix this, if not, how do you uninstall just the smokescreen without losing all of the engine effects?

I downloaded this today and now I get in my debug window

[Exception]:UnityException:Texture WarpPlugin/ResourceData/Kerbin_Uraniaum' is not readable the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts you can make readable from the texture imports settings.

I cant seem to find the texture import settings. Can some one help?

Never mind i found it.

I'm having a similar issue. What was your solution?

I don't get it, I can not get this to work. I started with a fresh KSP install, Downloaded all the dependencies(and Atmospheric Sound Enhancement), Deleted the tga texture files from Coolrockets, Downloaded the KSPRC mod and it freezes when I start the game.

Okay well it froze for like 10 mins then as I was about to send this post the game unfroze and is now loading. Ill let you know if I have more problems.

Edit: It also froze at the very end of the loading screen. Any way for you to fix that?

Edited by Recognize-Me-
Adding some info

I don't get it, I can not get this to work. I started with a fresh KSP install, Downloaded all the dependencies(and Atmospheric Sound Enhancement), Deleted the tga texture files from Coolrockets, Downloaded the KSPRC mod and it freezes when I start the game.

Okay well it froze for like 10 mins then as I was about to send this post the game unfroze and is now loading. Ill let you know if I have more problems.

Edit: It also froze at the very end of the loading screen. Any way for you to fix that?

I believe the freezing at the beginning of the load screen is simply Active Texture Management.

Got it to work now, and everything looks gorgeous (though the Mun seems a bit white from LKO, I have yet to take a look at it up close).

Edit: Scratch that, game's crashing all over the place and taking forever to load. I have a sneaking suspicion that this has to do with soundtrack replacer, since something similar happened the last time I tried it by itself (or just the fact that I have a gajillion mods). Would it be possible to get a version without that dependency? Honestly all I really want are the visual changes.

Edited by TerLoki

i downloaded this today and i keep getting this in my log

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0.

I've removed this and reinstalled the dependencies and I don't get it anymore. It could definitely be something i done worng but iI have no clue what.

It was definitely something I did. I didn't put the RSS folder in with everything else. But its all fix and running now. By the way its beautiful.

Edited by ebookah

I still have the white horizon (which seems to me like it's grown even bigger). What's the config change I have to make in order to rectify this? I've tried reinstalling multiple times...

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a635/CalculusWarrior/screenshot1_zpse7d5a88a.png

Well... I don't know what are you trying to install, but is not the last version.

Is not the whole pack... your head is not from my pack, so is not a clean install, the suit is not updated, so is not from the last update...

So I guess that you aren't using the RSS plugin and its configs (included in the last version)...

And as result you have the same-old white sky.

Right? :rolleyes:

Proot, first of all, thank you so much, this looks AMAZING! I can't wait to try it out! Second, I know that it takes a (very) long time to load the game, especially on the first load after downloading, but I was stuck on the loading screen for about 30 minutes while it tried to load the Texture Replacer Command Pod Mark 1 re-texture. That, and the fact that there was a message on my screen the entire time saying "KSP is not responding" makes me think there's something wrong with the files. Do you have any idea what it is?

The first loading could take a long time in some machines... Have you all the depencencies? Especially ATM? How much ram do you have? Are you sure that you are not reaching the memory limit?

This is all amazing, but the smokescreen is lagging my game alot, do you guys know how I could fix this, if not, how do you uninstall just the smokescreen without losing all of the engine effects?

I think you could delete the SmokeScreen plugin folder, and keep the HotRockets! FX. But I didn't try it before, be careful.

Computer specs?

Got it to work now, and everything looks gorgeous (though the Mun seems a bit white from LKO, I have yet to take a look at it up close).

Edit: Scratch that, game's crashing all over the place and taking forever to load. I have a sneaking suspicion that this has to do with soundtrack replacer, since something similar happened the last time I tried it by itself (or just the fact that I have a gajillion mods). Would it be possible to get a version without that dependency? Honestly all I really want are the visual changes.

I told you...

Why you need a version when you only need not install one of the folders? :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.