[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Well... I don't know what are you trying to install, but is not the last version.

Is not the whole pack... your head is not from my pack, so is not a clean install, the suit is not updated, so is not from the last update...

So I guess that you aren't using the RSS plugin and its configs (included in the last version)...

And as result you have the same-old white sky.

Right? :rolleyes:

So the RSS folder is not just for people using that mod? Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

Epicfacepalm_zps24b4f40c.gif

I have my own thing set up with TextureReplacer; I just installed the bits I wanted for that, which is why the kerbal has a different face than the included one.

I can confirm that actually installing that folder fixes my issue :P

I am getting Kerbonautical's issue with Moho, however (but not for the Mun or Minmus). It's just a minor issue though

I thought this pack couldn't get any better when I first saw it released, but I was happily proven wrong!

I installed your pack after the instruction.

I have only few other mods installed: DeadlyReentry, Toolbar and a HullCamera VDS.

Problems I have:

Minmus seems to have strings attached to it holding it in the sky. They are not visible all the time and from all angles. Seems to be a problem with something rendering.

I also have some missing textures. (I installed EVERY mod named in the main post.

But some newer Engines (RAPIER, all LVs, all JetEngines, the Illumintator Mk.1 and 1 part from HullCam.

They are just pink. I am trying to patch the configs. Can you give me a hint what is either missing or what config I messed up?

Sorry, I didn't see that. Guess I'm used to my posts getting skipped over more regularly than they are on this forum.

Don't worry. The thing is that my English is completely self taught, so is quite hard for me reply to all the issues quickly and rightly. :sealed:

So the RSS folder is not just for people using that mod? Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130802225456/dragonball/images/9/9f/Epicfacepalm_zps24b4f40c.gif

I have my own thing set up with TextureReplacer; I just installed the bits I wanted for that, which is why the kerbal has a different face than the included one.

I can confirm that actually installing that folder fixes my issue :P

I am getting Kerbonautical's issue with Moho, however (but not for the Mun or Minmus). It's just a minor issue though

I thought this pack couldn't get any better when I first saw it released, but I was happily proven wrong!

No problem. :wink: But please, understand that I'm only replying this type of issues because I feel responsible in some way, but is clearly stablished in the OP:

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MOD OVERWRITE TEXTURES AND CONFIG FILES FROM SOME MODS!

I'm not responsible if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous stock or personalized files or configs!!

For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of KSP. If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized data before use this.

This mod is intended as a pack, if you use it in other way I can't respond for the derivated problems. <-- HERE

I don't care if you want to rip the pack for your necessities, but there are so many mods and texture packs that I simply can't manage this to know how reacts to all the possible combinations and its derivate problems.

So in the last pages I feel like...

98mJI7p.gif

I installed your pack after the instruction.

I have only few other mods installed: DeadlyReentry, Toolbar and a HullCamera VDS.

Problems I have:

Minmus seems to have strings attached to it holding it in the sky. They are not visible all the time and from all angles. Seems to be a problem with something rendering.

I also have some missing textures. (I installed EVERY mod named in the main post.

But some newer Engines (RAPIER, all LVs, all JetEngines, the Illumintator Mk.1 and 1 part from HullCam.

They are just pink. I am trying to patch the configs. Can you give me a hint what is either missing or what config I messed up?

You simply have done something wrong in the process: things like the Rapier isn't even touched here...

But please, if you reinstall and still having problems with the Minmus look, take a screenshot to see what is exactly the problem.

I think you could delete the SmokeScreen plugin folder, and keep the HotRockets! FX. But I didn't try it before, be careful.

Close, taken from the Hot Rockets thread via the dev (Nazari1382) and user federally.

go to the MP_Nazari folder, open the file squad hotrockets. (copy this before you do anything to it)

scroll down a bit to this part:

Code:

powersmoke

{

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST

{

name = smokethrust

modelName = MP_Nazari/FX/smokebooster2

transformName = thrustTransform

emission = 0.0 0.0 // Curve for emission like stock

emission = 0.07 0.0 // Curve for emission like stock

emission = 0.2 0.4 // Curve for emission like stock

emission = 1.0 1.1 // Curve for emission like stock

energy = 0.0 0.2 // Same for energy

energy = 1.0 3.2 // Same for energy

speed = 0.0 1.0 // And speed

speed = 1.0 0.8 // And speed

grow = 0.0 0.0 // Grow the particles at 0% per seconds ( 0.02 would be 2% )

grow = 1.0 0.11 // Grow the particles at 0% per seconds ( 0.02 would be 2% )

scale = 0.0 1.0 // Rescale the emitters to +0%

scale = 1.0 1.0 // Rescale the emitters to +0%

offset = 0.0 0.0 // Move the particle emitter away from its default position by x meters

offset = 1.0 0.5 // Move the particle emitter away from its default position by x meters

size = 0.0 1.0 // Rescale the particles to +0%

size = 1.0 1.1 // Rescale the particles to +0%

renderMode = "Billboard" // Render mode : Billboard / SortedBillboard / HorizontalBillboard / VerticalBillboard / Stretch

collide = false // Collision active or not

collideRatio = 0 // how the particles react on collision. 1 is a mirror bounce, 0 is go parallel to the hit surface

fixedScale = 1.0 // Fixed rescale of the particle emitter (for when you rescale the model)

sizeClamp = 50 // Limits particle size. Default to 50

// ***************

// From here the value are not the default anymore.

// ***************

angle = 0.0 1.0 // Display if the angle between the emitter transform and camera is lower than 45°

angle = 45.0 1.0

angle = 50.0 1.0

distance = 0.0 1.0 // Display if the distance to camera is higher than 110

distance = 100.0 1.0

distance = 110.0 1.0

emission // Modulate emission from mach and density curve. You can add other section for size, energy, speed, grow, offset and scale

{

mach = 0.0 1.0

mach = 0.8 1.0 // don't display until mach .8

mach = 1.0 1.0

density = 1.0 1.0

density = 0.4 1.0 // don't display over .4 atmo

density = 0.3 1.0

density = 0.002 1.0

density = 0.001 0.0 // and stop under .001

}

Then delete everything after the { after powersmoke and before the closing }, so it looks like this

Code:

powersmoke

{

}

}

and inside the close brackets add in this

Code:

PREFAB_PARTICLE

{

prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_veryLarge

transformName = smokePoint

emission = 0.0 0.0

emission = 0.05 0.0

emission = 0.075 0.25

emission = 1.0 1.25

speed = 0.0 0.25

speed = 1.0 1.0

localOffset = 0, 0, 1

}

Just deleting the SmokeScreen folder will delete the hot rocket FX all together

Edit: By the way, was anything changed with the oceans for this mod? I still seem to find the planet Kerbin has a considerable effect on the framerate but the clouds don't seem to be the culprit as my FPS is fine flying through them. Just looking back at Kerbin from orbit while in the SOI seems to cause the issue. It's strange because it runs smooth as butter once I'm out of the SOI.

Also could I ask which files are dependant for killing the white atmosphere? I'm definitely using all the latest versions of EVE, Texture Replacer, ATM and Chatterer which is all I have in action from the mod right now, but I also have a white edge to the atmoshphere after updating stuff to remove the bug adding an atmosphere to moons etc. I'm wondering if maybe I accidentally wiped something that I shouldn't have. Edit 2: Sorry, seems I skipped over RSS too thinking it wasn't needed since I don't use the mod

I love what this mod does to the solar system so I really don't want to give in and return to the standard EVE after being treated to such a blue planet.

Also sorry if it seems like we're throwing a bunch of problems your way that aren't your responsibility. A couple of my own stupid mistakes were definitely not down to your mod but myself. I truly appreciate the help you offered and would not have had an easy time figuring which mod the issues were stemming from so thanks. I think for a number of us here this is one of the mods we will have most heavily customized before applying, hence the problems. But as you say, they're not your problem to fix if we're tweaking it. Personally I'm gonna do a factory install today if it doesn't improve a bit since otherwise it could be stemming from anything.

Edited by Kerbonautical

Hi.

I am new to Kerbal, and also this mod, but I managed to get it installed correctly (I think) and it looks great. There is just one thing that nags me a bit. all my rockets are enclosed in a shell (looks like there is a decoupler attached). The rockets work normally but i would just love to see the nozzle and stuff, and not just another fueltank.

What setting am I missing or what have I done wrong?

Ask me anything you want people, don't worry, I'm here to help.

But please, read the OP and try to check that you have done all right, before to post "bugs" which in fact are your mistakes installing this.

I made some screenshots of minmus.

The first is taken from my space telescope.

The flickering is normal (it seems to be ActiveTextureManagement)

http://imgur.com/a/RvGm7

Ok, the first screenshot worries me, because that should not be happening. The bright effect should be more subtle, and don't show any cropping.

Other users have posted photos of his telescopes over there... and everything seems fine. In fact the screenshots looks pretty spectacular:

TyZIgDm.png

I do not use telescope mods atm, so if anyone can confirm or deny this bug would do me a huge favor.

About the next screenshots I must say that looks like an ATM or TR bug, but I'm not sure about what is happening there... anyways that is not my texture for Minmus, so I can't diagnose what is your real problem there.

I didn't install the RSS folder either, and I don't have any of those issues. Are you certain you need to install it even without using RSS?

That simply... k_huh.gif

Edited by Proot

You also included the original RSS readme file in the folder that even says it changes the solar system to the Earth Solar System. It's not a stretch to think it's only meant to be used by those who already use the RSS mod. I would suggest either altering or removing that readme altogether, since you have your own in the root folder. Also, I wasn't experiencing those same issues as others which is odd. If someone IS using the RSS mod to change it to the Earth solar system, wouldn't including your own version of the plugin and configs undo that?

Anyway, I added the RSS folder, and the only change I noticed was the sky was a lot bluer. I did happen to notice that I also get that large but faint red halo around Moho until I zoom in closer, and the atmosphere on Laythe seems to have a greenish hue around the edges, but those may have been present even without the RSS folder.

You also included the original RSS readme file in the folder that even says it changes the solar system to the Earth Solar System. It's not a stretch to think it's only meant to be used by those who already use the RSS mod. I would suggest either altering or removing that readme altogether, since you have your own in the root folder. Also, I wasn't experiencing those same issues as others which is odd. If someone IS using the RSS mod to change it to the Earth solar system, wouldn't including your own version of the plugin and configs undo that?

You haven't read the OP or the Readme file in the pack...

You only have 3 steps for install. And for a default install nowhere says nothing about avoid folders or parts in the pack.

Is in the FAQ too:

- KSPRC in RSS?

Yes and no. Probably can be adapted without much trouble, but it has not been designed for it, and is not contemplated atm. If you play RSS and want to adapt it, please, share the results to reach as many people as possible.

And in the Changelog:

"No more white horizons, nowhere, NEVER. New atmospherical ambients for Kerbin, Laythe, Duna and Eve. (using RSS plugin, thanks to NathanKell)"

The RSS plugin (not the mod, the plugin, which makes the RSS mod possible) have the readme of the RSS plugin, wich is from Nathankell. I can't simply delete his info or any thing abut his authority. Is a source text file and I don't find any problem letting it there.

Anyway, I added the RSS folder, and the only change I noticed was the sky was a lot bluer. I did happen to notice that I also get that large but faint red halo around Moho until I zoom in closer, and the atmosphere on Laythe seems to have a greenish hue around the edges, but those may have been present even without the RSS folder.

Exactly: blue, not white as before. That is the thing.

At the other side, the Moho effect is not from RSS, is from EVE. Kerbol's solar particles hitting in the magnetic field of Moho.

EDIT:

@Bibidibop:

I've found you "frozen kerbals" bug by myself, just playing. I'm working to identify and fix the problem asap.

Edited by Proot

I just saw it right now

Congratulation Proot! Well done ;)

Your song for the trailer is a fantastic work, Preliator. Makes everything look nicer.

Ey people! Whenever you have an adrenaline/tears attack watching the trailer of the pack, remember, that's the fault of this man by do such epic songs. :D

As long as you mention in your docs that RSS is by me, you absolutely don't have to include my readme :)

I note for the upcoming updates. Thanks again NathanKell! :wink:

The first loading could take a long time in some machines... Have you all the depencencies? Especially ATM? How much ram do you have? Are you sure that you are not reaching the memory limit?

Yes, I have aggressive ATM and all of the dependencies, I think it may be a RAM problem. I have 1024MB VRAM, is that enough? I've already deleted the music files, is there anything else I can delete to save memory, but still have the mod work properly?

Edited by Snarfield

For those of you that don't like what ActiveTextureManager does to your textures and for those of us running KSPx64 it is possible to run this mod without the Active Texture Manager. I had to rewrite a few config files and make a couple of mine own but it is possible.

For those of you that don't like what ActiveTextureManager does to your textures and for those of us running KSPx64 it is possible to run this mod without the Active Texture Manager. I had to rewrite a few config files and make a couple of mine own but it is possible.

You don't have to use ActiveTextureManager it just save's on ram thats all it does doesn't add anything to the mod.

You don't have to use ActiveTextureManager it just save's on ram thats all it does doesn't add anything to the mod.

The pack is intended to use it. You should use it, in soft or hard configs, because that avoid the usual problems with the ram limit.

Detoxification is right, and it's especified in the OP: only linux64 bit users should try to use this without ATM, for the moment. This can be used by a 32 bit windows user without ATM, but only if you have 4+ GB of RAM and you don't use any other parts, sounds or music mods.

News:

- Working on realistic exhaust effects for the rockets (expanded flames in high atmo).

- Working on climate effects for Kerbin (independent storm clouds).

- OP will be retouched.

- I've opened a poll to know what do you expect for KSPRC. More polls in the future, please participate!

BTW, if you play with KSPRC, please, make me happy: send your best captures!

I want to do an album under the OP with the best ones. :)

Edited by Proot

ATM does actually improve visual quality (assuming you unclamp texture rez and leave both scales at 1): in particular, it will generate mipmaps for some textures that lack them due to KSP loader issues. Also, it will detect and leave normal maps *uncompressed*, even if they are PNGs (which KSP compresses by default).

Also note that without ATM any TGA will not be compressed by KSP's loader, even if they are not used as normal maps.

The pack is intended to use it. You should use it, in soft or hard configs, because that avoid the usual problems with the ram limit.

Detoxification is right, and it's especified in the OP: only linux64 bit users should try to use this without ATM, for the moment. This can be used by a 32 bit windows user without ATM, but only if you have 4+ GB of RAM and you don't use any other parts, sounds or music mods.

News:

- Working on realistic exhaust effects for the rockets (expanded flames in high atmo).

- Working on climate effects for Kerbin (independent storm clouds).

- OP will be retouched.

- I've opened a poll to know what do you expect for KSPRC. More polls in the future, please participate!

BTW, if you play with KSPRC, please, make me happy: send your best captures!

I want to do an album under the OP with the best ones. :)

Storm clouds? :) Oooooh that's something I was thinking of the other day. If you could implement storm clouds how much of a stretch would it be to squeeze in lightning visible from low orbit? Also would the performance be similar to current KSPRC clouds?

Speaking of which I was actually gonna ask, what part of the compilation gives Kerbin that wonderful blue tone? I was experimenting with a couple of mods on my laptop last night and decided to try a clean install of KSPRC too and then slowly whittle down things one by one to see if I could find a nice balance for it. In doing so at one point I tried swapping standard EVE clouds in instead (and removing them all together) and somehow managed to kill a lot of the blue tone too. I'm not actually looking to remove them on my main pc or anything, just kinda curious how I killed the blue by taking off the clouds.

I should have some pictures to add too if I ever get enough Science to leave the planet

Amazing shots czokletmuss!!

Are you using airbags in the Laythe one? May I know which ones?

Storm clouds? k_smiley.gif Oooooh that's something I was thinking of the other day. If you could implement storm clouds how much of a stretch would it be to squeeze in lightning visible from low orbit? Also would the performance be similar to current KSPRC clouds?

Speaking of which I was actually gonna ask, what part of the compilation gives Kerbin that wonderful blue tone?

Just storm clouds, no weather FX for the moment. :wink:

The blue tint is done just with an plain layer (+color & transparency configs) in EVE.

Edited by Proot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.