[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Amazing shots czokletmuss!!

Are you using airbags in the Laythe one? May I know which ones?

From LLL, SXT pack if I remember correctly.; I was just sightseeing Solar System with HyperEdit and let me tell you, KSPRC turns vanilla into something extraordinary - amazing job! :)

From LLL, SXT pack if I remember correctly.; I was just sightseeing Solar System with HyperEdit and let me tell you, KSPRC turns vanilla into something extraordinary - amazing job! :)

Cool!

I didn't know those. I have to try them...

Thanks for your kind words!

By the way I was just looking through the texture cache in active texture management to clean out a few mods I uninstalled and I noticed that all the suits from the texture replacer part of the mod are showing up but nothing else, like the galaxy map, planet textures and clouds etc, from a clean install too. Should I be seeing them registered in the texture cache? if so is there any way to force it? Like, could I manually copy the files into the texture cache?

game crash, to much DEPENDENCIES??? anyway will only install a few texture mods for now, might try to install them with mod manager to see as it seems a great mod if I can get it to work

k, one of the dependencies is not working..., checking which one, some other mods might conflict with the dependencies

Edited by mjy

game crash, to much DEPENDENCIES??? anyway will only install a few texture mods for now, might try to install them with mod manager to see as it seems a great mod if I can get it to work

k, one of the dependencies is not working..., checking which one, some other mods might conflict with the dependencies

It's all there in the description. If you follow it to the letter you will not have any problems.

Proot. Would you consider making a larger wallpaper version of Sir Jeb?

I wish I could do it... but it's a photo-edition from a Squad's original image, I don't dare to redistribute it beyond the OP and his informative/humorous purpose.

But don't worry! New original art related to KSPRC is coming! ... and soonTM from LaikaSIR Common Enterprises. :D

Just a couple quick ones here. I decided to stick with the Kerbal textures from Pimp my Kerbals pack, so EVA suit and helmet don't match what yours uses.

http://i.imgur.com/NE7bGQc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bHQRCAQ.jpg

Great shots Castun! I like you lander style!

Edited by Proot

I'm a little confused about some of the "dependencies". At least, it would seem that some of them are soft dependencies. Like soundtrack editor. Maybe I don't want to mess with the soundtrack at all, so why not just, not install it and the associated files from this mod?

Similar goes for Active Texture Management on a Linux 64-bit system. Doesn't seem much point.

Dependency means "this will absolutely not work at all without this". Not "A part of this mod/program won't work without this but the rest will work fine." The working makes we a little concerned that there might be really, really, weird hinky stuff going on but I doubt that's the case.

ALCOR's "dependency" documentation is clearer.

I'm a little confused about some of the "dependencies". At least, it would seem that some of them are soft dependencies. Like soundtrack editor. Maybe I don't want to mess with the soundtrack at all, so why not just, not install it and the associated files from this mod?

Similar goes for Active Texture Management on a Linux 64-bit system. Doesn't seem much point.

Dependency means "this will absolutely not work at all without this". Not "A part of this mod/program won't work without this but the rest will work fine." The working makes we a little concerned that there might be really, really, weird hinky stuff going on but I doubt that's the case.

ALCOR's "dependency" documentation is clearer.

Other not necessary but highly recommended mods for the best experience: <------ You can read this in the OP before the ALCOR suggestion

This is a compilation. Is in the name. And is intended to be a global experience/enhancement of the vanilla game, so SoundTrack Editor is a dependency for the music intended for the pack.

You want to rip the pack for you personal use? Fantastic!, go on.

But why should I avoid a part of the pack, just because you don't want that part??

Edited by Proot

Anyone have their "Revert Flight" option mess up after installing this? The window is all scrunched together and I can't click anything.

Did you install the RSS that comes included with the pack?

Proot. I think you could make the installation instructions a little more clear for newbies. After installing this in my already very full gamedata folder I ran out of memory an had to remove some of the additions, and even remove some of the mods that you call "dependancies". For example I don't even listen to in-game music, so I removed SoundTrack Editor and all related KSPRC files completely. I also had to remove all of the planet and Kerbal face textures. You should make it clear that not everything is needed, and allow newbies to choose what they want.

-------

How can I make the Kerbal atmosphere and sky colour less saturated? It's really unrealistic right now.

Proot. I think you could make the installation instructions a little more clear for newbies. After installing this in my already very full gamedata folder I ran out of memory an had to remove some of the additions, and even remove some of the mods that you call "dependancies". For example I don't even listen to in-game music, so I removed SoundTrack Editor and all related KSPRC files completely. I also had to remove all of the planet and Kerbal face textures. You should make it clear that not everything is needed, and allow newbies to choose what they want.

-------

How can I make the Kerbal atmosphere and sky colour less saturated? It's really unrealistic right now.

Are newbies the problem or maybe your saturated GameData folder?

I call it "dependencies" because you NEED them if you want to play this, as it was intended (an enhancement of the base game). Very, very similar question is explained 5 post before you. If you don't want some part of the pack, then do the install without it. No problem.

But but please, stop to claim about more or less necesary parts in the pack only because you don't use or want some concrete part.

The install are three steps (2 and 1/2 in fact), but you are right: I must re-do the OP and the pack info and instructions, because my english must be much worse than I think... I'm feeling myself repeating the same, again and again, and sometimes I have a huge feel of incomprehension.

Caution: this is just an artwork compilation. You must mantain your mods, and keep it actualized.
<---------- From the OP main image.
For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of KSP. If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized data before use this.

This mod is intended as a pack, if you use it in other way I can't respond for the derivated problems.

<--- from the OP, disclaimer text

This mod is, for complete, a visual/artistic modification and is simply unusable without the dependencies. Check it. Download the pack and look inside: it's only textures, configs and some sounds. Only the navball changer is included, as public domain, and RSS was added in the last update thanks to NathanKell, but is only the plugin, not the RSS mod which uses it.

So absolutely nothing here is "needed".

And that is why this is a pack, a compilation, because is created to be something more, especially as an overall of configs and visuals/sounds.

Finally: Unrealistic is a 25% of pure white sky in the horizon. You can change the atmo color values in the RSS plugin, but just that: only the pure color. So you can't change the contrast or the saturation, wich is your real problem. Not the color.

But anyways, only the color was changed here to be more warm and realistic. The saturation is the same in the stock game, and in fact is little lower here: because in order to eliminate the white horizon effect I can only (for the moment) use the RSS plugin to change the start/end visual parameters of the stock game atmo. That makes, visually, the atmosphere a little bigger... but you can't see the effect, as this begins "under earth" and ends at the same point as before.

So you see the same stock atmo, but a little less saturated, since the original gradient starts a little earlier, and it becomes transparent at the end, as the original does.

Do you understand me?

Maybe my english is just a bunch of ª!"··$%... ;.;

But the point is they're not dependencies. Your mod will run just fine if people don't have the mods you've included settings/artwork for. Yes, they won't have the full experience, it won't be as you intended, but it's entirely possible for people to pick and choose which bits they want from this mod without any bad things happening (apart from you getting a little saddened that they don't want to use your excellent artwork).

You're right, absolutely nothing here is 'needed' and commonly used, a dependency means something simply will not work without it. Yes, your artwork and settings won't work without TR and EVE etc etc, but if people don't have them, there's nothing stopping the rest of the mod working.

It's a tricky situation because they're dependencies by themselves, but KSPRC doesn't absolutely require them. You can run KSPRC without some of the 'dependant' mods, you just won't get a full KSPRC. The only way you'd need all of them is if people want to have a full KSPRC. I've had to unfortunately delete Soundtrack Editor and Chatterer, because while I very much enjoyed them, I was having memory-related crashes too often and I don't play with the sound turned up anyway. The rest of KSPRC (EVE settings, RSS plugin, Texture Replacer), I'm keeping, don't worry. Yes, I know I'm not getting a full KSPRC and that it's not how you wanted people to use it, but the reality is, something had to go. Removing them didn't affect any other settings so I suppose the easiest way to word this is something like this:

"To enjoy all of KSPRC, you need to have the following mods - xyz, blah blah blah, loreum ipsum - but you can safely not use/install any of the setting/textures/artworks included with no bad side effects. However, you will not be getting the entire package and that makes me sad :("

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

The problem here is not on Proot...it's on irresponsible or overly entitled people who believe everything should be JUST the way they request it.

Proot has created an excellent FULL OVERHAUL package for multiple mods that have already been created. This full overhaul has some requirements to function properly, those include everything Proot has mentioned in his OP. IF you don't have or don't include one of these things...the pack will not function AS INTENDED. If you're ok with that...leave stuff out. If you're not, install it as directed in the OP.

Just because you don't LIKE or don't WANT or your CPU can't HANDLE the full pack does NOT mean Proot has to cowtow to your suggestions or that he must immediately do it as you say. If you don't like it...don't download the pack, or figure out how to install it on your own. Proot should not have to deal with all this BS because people don't listen or don't want exactly what he provided. Proot shouldn't have to provide individualized install options for each person who's getting his pack.

Now all you damn kids get off my lawn!!!1! :mad::confused::(

The problem here is not on Proot...it's on irresponsible or overly entitled people who believe everything should be JUST the way they request it.

Proot has created an excellent FULL OVERHAUL package for multiple mods that have already been created. This full overhaul has some requirements to function properly, those include everything Proot has mentioned in his OP. IF you don't have or don't include one of these things...the pack will not function AS INTENDED. If you're ok with that...leave stuff out. If you're not, install it as directed in the OP.

Just because you don't LIKE or don't WANT or your CPU can't HANDLE the full pack does NOT mean Proot has to cowtow to your suggestions or that he must immediately do it as you say. If you don't like it...don't download the pack, or figure out how to install it on your own. Proot should not have to deal with all this BS because people don't listen or don't want exactly what he provided. Proot shouldn't have to provide individualized install options for each person who's getting his pack.

Now all you damn kids get off my lawn!!!1! :mad::confused::(

I think you're a bit off target there. No-one's entitled or irresponsible, they're just confused at the term 'dependency' because, as I said, they're not what people usually refer to as dependencies. Yes, you need them in order for KSPRC to function as intended, true, but it's also completely possible to not use some of KSPRCs settings and textures (for whatever reason. Personal preference, memory limit etc). None of us are suggesting that Proot provide bespoke installation instructions for every person, because if we have all the mods required for KSPRC, chances are we know how to pick and choose the bits we want. Also, chances are that we realise this will mean an incomplete KSPRC and we should be fine that.

Proot has undeniably done a fantastic job, but I and several others, think a clearer description about the 'dependencies' required for KSPRC would be appreciated. Yes, they're needed for everything in KSPRC, but some players might not want or need everything (for whatever reason) so can safely leave them out.

I think Proot is taking these questions about the dependencies the wrong way - people are just confused because this is an odd situation. It's just settings/textures/artwork for other mods - if you don't have the other mods, you don't get the full pack, simple as. But some people are fine with that. No-one suggesting that he ignores a part or provides individual installation instructions, they just want clarification on if it's ok to not use some parts of KSPRC. Yes, it makes Proot sad, but they are more than able to do so with no ill effects to other stuff included in KSPRC.

EDIT: FWIW, I think the atmosphere looks absolutely fine and I love it.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.