[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I think you're a bit off target there. No-one's entitled or irresponsible, they're just confused at the term 'dependency' because, as I said, they're not what people usually refer to as dependencies. Yes, you need them in order for KSPRC to function as intended, true, but it's also completely possible to not use some of KSPRCs settings and textures (for whatever reason. Personal preference, memory limit etc). None of us are suggesting that Proot provide bespoke installation instructions for every person, because if we have all the mods required for KSPRC, chances are we know how to pick and choose the bits we want. Also, chances are that we realise this will mean an incomplete KSPRC and we should be fine that.

Proot has undeniably done a fantastic job, but I and several others, think a clearer description about the 'dependencies' required for KSPRC would be appreciated. Yes, they're needed for everything in KSPRC, but some players might not want or need everything (for whatever reason) so can safely leave them out.

My original response was intended to be a bit cheeky and sarcastic (hence the Get off my lawn w/some emotes)...so hope that gets picked up.

In regards to the pack...there is literally NO dependencies to it. You don't have to get it or download it...if you want to know what goes in what...take a look in the downloaded files and figure it out. That's what I'm saying...take some responsibility for your own install/game and figure it out yourself (not speaking to you, ObsessedWithKSP, in particular...just everyone in general). Look at the install package, drill into the folders...you'll figure out what you need and what you don't. It's not that hard, you just have to put some work in to it.

In short:

The package was created to be installed as is and in full...if YOU want something different, figure it out for yourself...it's not difficult. Proot should not have to walk everyone through their installs individually IF they want something different than what Proot has provided. That is a ton to ask of someone providing a FREE enhancement to a game.

Ignath. Look at this <o))))))))<. What's this? Look at it. Just look at it.

Proot: I think there's a language barrier here. What I'm trying to get across is that new KSP players might not know that it is possible to install only parts of your compilation. Your OP gives the impression that you need everything, and that's just not true.

and separately

I'd like to know how I can mod the sky to be more realistic. The sky colour is too vibrant.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Ignath. Look at this <o))))))))<. What's this? Look at it. Just look at it.

Proot: I think there's a language barrier here. What I'm trying to get across is that new KSP players might not know that it is possible to install only parts of your compilation. Your OP gives the impression that you need everything, and that's just not true.

and separately

I'd like to know how I can mod the atmosphere to be more realistic. The sky colour is too vibrant.

LOL!! What you (and others here) may not know or understand is that Proot has multiple settings and file changes throughout the whole of the compilation, it's not JUST visual enhancements...so installing only parts of the pack is a little more difficult than it may seem. For instance, Proot has created settings for ATM, EVE and Texture Replacer. Installing a different mod or suits or what have you will require one to change these configs. Should Proot be responsible for that? Should he have to walk people through how to do that or should they take responsibility to figure it out themselves?

You want to know how to mod the atmosphere to be more "realistic". What do you mean by that? Is the color wrong to you? Do the aeordynamic effects not work? Just saying "more realistic" does nothing to help anyone. IIRC, Proot had in an earlier post, stated the Blue atmo comes from the RSS pack. If you want to modify it, check settings in the RSS folder in GameData or go to the RSS forum and figure it out from there.

Edit: Correction, the Blue horizons come from the RSS pack, not the atmo. I believe the Atmo is controlled via EVE and would have to be modified in EVE. I think there is an in-game EVE modifications menu, but can't remember the command at the moment, maybe check the EVE forum post.

Edited by Ignath
Correction

No-one's asking Proot for such instructions, they're just asking if it's safe to install/use only certain bits of KSPRC. Which it is. They won't get the intended effect of KSPRC though, but I think they'll be ok with that because they wouldn't ask if they weren't. However, I think we might be hitting a language barrier when it comes to this.

I agree completely, if people want to change things by themselves, they should figure out for themselves. For example, I can't just delete my previous CoolRockets folder because it contains settings for KW rockets that I made myself as well. So I know I have to move them elsewhere and work around them - I'm not asking Proot for how to do that because it's my own personal situation and I must work around it myself.

Isn't it obvious that literally ANY mod is optional...they are mods. If you remove one, however, the pack will not function as originally intended. Yes, you can leave out Texture Replacer, but don't count on your KSP looking anything like the pics in OP. You could leave out EVE, but you won't get auroras, clouds, city lights, atmo, etc... You can leave out Cool/Hot Rockets but no enhanced engine/cryo. You can leave out Active Texture Management, but you'll probably crash unless playing on Linux x64 build. You can leave out Chatterer and Soundtrack Editor but you won't have the enhanced audio effects from chatterer nor enhanced soundtrack in VAB, SPH, Space, etc... (this one is probably most common to leave out, and understandably so though I love it. The new soundtrack and enhanced music is actually adds a nice immersive quality rather than listening to iTunes or something) You can leave out anything pretty much in the mod pack...they are mods, addons that are not required in any way. In no way could Proot "make" all these things be requirements, unless certain mods require other mods (Cacteye telescope for example, which isn't included in this pack, REQUIRES mods to function), but to install this package AS INTENDED, all mods would be necessary.

What exactly do you guys want? Should Proot create a list of exactly what is modified by what folder in the install pack or what?

Also, I apologize if my posts are coming off poorly...I think my style of typing leads people to believe I'm being hostile to them or something but in no way is that intended.

I think people understand that if they remove certain aspects of KSPRC, they will not get the full effect. They just want to know if doing so will muck up the other things from KSPRC and it won't (although arguably, removing ATM would muck up the rest of the game as well.. :P).

The problem comes from this in the OP

DEPENDENCIES:

(YOU MUST INSTALL THIS BEFORE NOTHING ELSE)

Yes, they're needed but only if you want everything from KSPRC. Adding a disclaimer along the lines of "KSPRC changes settings/textures in the following mods. They are obviously required for said changes to be used. If you do not install these mods, you will not have a complete KSPRC but if you're ok with that, they and their settings can safely be not installed/used."

As for what I want, I'd like for Proot to A, not fly off the handle if someone asks if it's safe to not install one part of it and B, include in the OP something like what I've just written. That will answer all questions and clear up confusion about dependencies.

EDIT: I see above that, Proot has indeed written that KSPRC overwrites settings in some mods. That's good, however I still feel the bit about "if you do not have these mods, you will not have a full KSPRC but if you're ok with that, that's fine." should be also included.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

"blah blah blah"?

That is maybe the problem. Not my english.

You can't have texture replacement without TR.

You can't have atmo. or bodies FX without EVE.

You can't have rocket FX without HR or CR.

You can't have personalized music without SE.

An so on...

That are dependencies, from any perspective.

Obviously you can install wathever you want. And not as I intented this, but why I must be responsible for that?

KSPRC is mainly a pack of modifications for his dependencies. A pack of modifications for some mods. It's specified in the OP.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MOD OVERWRITE TEXTURES AND CONFIG FILES FROM SOME MODS!

I'm not responsible if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous stock or personalized files or configs!!

For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of KSP. If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized data before use this.

This mod is intended as a pack, if you use it in other way I can't respond for the derivated problems. <<<<------ HERE

Edited by Proot

And people don't read threads. They just see Distant Object Enhancement under 'Dependencies' and then ask if it's possible to use KSPRC without it. That's it, there's no ulterior motive or malevolence, just confusion. When they ask it, the simple answer is just

You can't have texture replacement without TR.

You can't have atmo. or bodies FX without EVE.

You can't have rocket FX without HR or CR.

You can't have personalized music without SE.

An so on...

That are dependencies, from any perspective.

Obviously you can install whatever you want, but KSPRC is best enjoyed as a whole pack with all these mods.

And I, personally, think it's OK for Proot to assume that people who came to this page to download his package want the full package and, if they don't, they should be able to figure out how to install it on their own.

I also understand, to an extent, why it upsets Proot when people come on here and complain about what he's given them FOR NOTHING. The guy has been without work for a "while" (I don't know how long, don't know Proot personally, just read it in one of his posts) due to the situation in Europe (Spain in particular I believe), has given his time and talent to create a mod for a game and I have a feeling has gotten very little appreciation in comparison to the amount of hassle for doing so. If you read through most mod threads, this happens. Most mod creators are very under appreciated and over worked with stupid questions and pointless semantic arguments, similar to what has happened here.

And even then I am responding to this, and I do not care. Just upset that this type of unnecesary requests seems, at the end, much important than the pack itself.

FOR EXAMPLE: you don't want Chatterer? It's OK. But then you never find the opportunity of decode one of the sstv REAL signals. Have you done that?

Yes, a small detail, but a small detail that only you are rejecting atm, and pushing to think to other people that is completely irrelevant, when in some case, is irrelevant for you.

FYI to all: Just installed Texture Replacer v1.5 and everything within the KSPRC pack seems to continue to function correctly.

I also noticed the changes in TR from 1.4 to 1.5 have decreased the load on my RAM a bit...my install used to run about 3.1G, now down to 2.7G.

And even then I am responding to this, and I do not care. Just upset that this type of unnecesary requests seems, at the end, much important than the pack itself.

FOR EXAMPLE: you don't want Chatterer? It's OK. But then you never find the opportunity of decode one of the sstv REAL signals. Have you done that?

Yes, a small detail, but a small detail that only you are rejecting atm, and pushing to think to other people that is completely irrelevant, when in some case, is irrelevant for you.

Yep, same is happening with the Soundtrack enhancements you've added. Most people just say "I use my own music"...but that defeats the immersiveness (is that a word!?!) that comes from using the KSP music and the enhanced soundtrack that is provided in your pack. I can't play KSP anymore w/out your pack Proot, so know you have my full appreciation!

and separately

I'd like to know how I can mod the sky to be more realistic. The sky colour is too vibrant.

Please let's remain calm.

You need it. If you don't want it... that is another thing.

Again, you can change the atmo color value in the RSS plugin, but you can't change the "vibrancy" of the color. Only the RGB color value. I don't know any mod for this game that can change the saturation or the contrast for the sky. That change is locked to the RGB color and some kind of transparency value for the gradients in RSS, the only mod i know who can change some type of value in that area.

FYI to all: Just installed Texture Replacer v1.5 and everything within the KSPRC pack seems to continue to function correctly.

I also noticed the changes in TR from 1.4 to 1.5 have decreased the load on my RAM a bit...my install used to run about 3.1G, now down to 2.7G.

That was my real reason to come here now!

Thank you for the reminder!

NEWS:

TR has been updated to 1.5 providing some memory savings, please, if you want to update to the new version, just avoid the "EnvMap" folder and merge the rest of the new version with your installed version.

Yep, same is happening with the Soundtrack enhancements you've added. Most people just say "I use my own music"...but that defeats the immersiveness (is that a word!?!) that comes from using the KSP music and the enhanced soundtrack that is provided in your pack. I can't play KSP anymore w/out your pack Proot, so know you have my full appreciation!

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have the available RAM to run Soundtrack Editor. Unity uncompresses the music files when it loads them into memory, and because I've already got a handful of HD planet textures installed on top of a few parts packs (which I've since shaved down a LOT, like B9's) I crash.

Instead I made a compromise, I just copied all the song files into another folder and play them outside the game with a media player. It's not dynamic, but it's as close as you can get until the author of Soundtrack Editor figures out how to stream the music without it being loaded into memory. The Unity engine sorely needs a way to stream textures as well rather than loading them into memory up front. Most all major graphics engines are capable of this, but that's another topic.

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have the available RAM to run Soundtrack Editor. Unity uncompresses the music files when it loads them into memory, and because I've already got a handful of HD planet textures installed on top of a few parts packs (which I've since shaved down a LOT, like B9's) I crash.

Instead I made a compromise, I just copied all the song files into another folder and play them outside the game with a media player. It's not dynamic, but it's as close as you can get until the author of Soundtrack Editor figures out how to stream the music without it being loaded into memory. The Unity engine sorely needs a way to stream textures as well rather than loading them into memory up front. Most all major graphics engines are capable of this, but that's another topic.

Yep, that's a nice compromise Catsun! I believe that an update to Texture Replacer 1.5 will help with your second complaint, however, as TR is now UNLOADING some of the textures from RAM after they are loaded into the game (don't ask me how, I just read it on TR's thread).

You can avoid SE witout too much troubles meanwhile pizzaoverhead brings up the new version, with dynamic loading. He is aware of the problem and is working to solve it. Which for sure will be a great step on for this pack, allowing less memory stuck.

Ack, I updated to Texture Replacer 1.5 and now am having this issue. Did Texture Replacer change how stock Squad textures are overwritten?

nfdOcp8.jpg

Also getting this, which I don't seem to recall noticing before. This is with the latest ModuleManager 2.1.0

HRG8Vrp.jpg

Catsun~

I updated to TR1.5 and had no issues with textures like that, mine all work fine. Maybe try to re-install the Stock textures from Proot's pack and see if that fixes?

RE: ModuleManager, that must be something new that MM's new update is doing. I'm still running with MM 1.5.6 and I am not seeing that, nor having any issues.

Ack, I updated to Texture Replacer 1.5 and now am having this issue. Did Texture Replacer change how stock Squad textures are overwritten?

http://i.imgur.com/nfdOcp8.jpg

Also getting this, which I don't seem to recall noticing before. This is with the latest ModuleManager 2.1.0

http://i.imgur.com/HRG8Vrp.jpg

MM version is 2.1.0?

I don't have that problem. Let me try to reproduce it.

EDIT: have you @Default.cfg and KSPRC.cfg in the TR folder?

Edited by Proot

Yep, 2.1.0 only, no other versions present.

I do have those configs also. Maybe I should do a completely clean reinstall of TR altogether.

Try to reinstall only the plugin folder of TR.

I mean, delete "Plugins" folder inside TR folder and then put the new "Plugins" folder inside the installed version.

Looks like some is wrong after merge that folder, a reinstall of that part should solve it.

Try to reinstall only the plugin folder of TR.

I mean, delete "Plugins" folder inside TR folder and then put the new "Plugins" folder inside the installed version.

Looks like some is wrong after merge that folder, a reinstall of that part should solve it.

Didn't work. I noticed it's only certain crewed parts: The 1 man capsule is fine, but the 3 man capsule, the lander can, the cupola, and the hitchhiker container. All the other replacements still work just fine.

Didn't work. I noticed it's only certain crewed parts: The 1 man capsule is fine, but the 3 man capsule, the lander can, the cupola, and the hitchhiker container. All the other replacements still work just fine.

mmmm... that is rly weird... could you send me your ksp log? Mac or PC? Are you using ATM?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.