[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Somewhere in my head spooks something I read a while ago - I think it was about KSP ...

"Deactivate ingame anti-aliasing and use a program specific setup in the driver settings."

Does this apply to KSP? Would have to install Nvidia driver with its software again - maybe even a newer driver - but they tend to botch them on a regular basis. :(

I just want to check, would this actually work in KSP? Like is KSP sending the task of the AA to the CPU by default and by overriding the application default with an Nvidia AA solution would it actually free up any performance? I tend to get very high FPS most of the time anyway so I'm not sure how I would test this easily. However since my GPU temps go from mid 30's in idle to mid 50's in KSP I kind of figured that KSP was leaving AA to the GPU.

I think it is the AA method used that makes the difference. But as I said, I am not sure if it was KSP related, but as these beautiful graphics enhancing mods tend to slow things down a bit, I wanted to float the possibility.

I think it is the AA method used that makes the difference. But as I said, I am not sure if it was KSP related, but as these beautiful graphics enhancing mods tend to slow things down a bit, I wanted to float the possibility.

Mainly the slowdowns are caused by having more textures on-screen at a time. That KSP doesn't have asset streaming, and Unity 4 is kinda meh on that front too (Unity 5 promises to be much, much better at managing what is processed based on what can be seen from the camera) doesn't help matters. It's true that there are various AA modes. Super-sampling is usually the worst mode, as effectively all it does is render frames at twice the target resolution and downsize them. It's effective and will antialias everything on screen, but damn do you ever need beefy hardware to back it up. MSAA is perhaps still most common, but that also takes a fair amount of processing power, and the calculations required increase exponentially with the number of samples.

AA doesn't really every stop being annoyingly calculation heavy. There are some elegant pieces of engineering like temporal and morphological AA, but those have their own problems, and their own hardware requirements.

I have a problem with texture replacer. When the game try to load Head1 NRM it freezes in the loading screen, tryed with all mods except texture replacer and it works... please help

How do you merge the packs? Just drop the textures in /clouds? Or does it take some .cfg editing?

You just drop Astronomer's pack into the folders, overwrite everything. It has it's own configs for the cloud layers and everything. I installed it over KSPRC's configs and it works fine. It also comes with the better looking cloud particles.

Almost everything in this mod is beautiful! :) The not-beautiful things are Kerbin's atmosphere, which should be clear when viewed orthogonally, and the SQUAD part retextures, which seem dead without their bright hues. How can I change the SQUAD parts back?

-Duxwing

Almost everything in this mod is beautiful! :) The not-beautiful things are Kerbin's atmosphere, which should be clear when viewed orthogonally, and the SQUAD part retextures, which seem dead without their bright hues. How can I change the SQUAD parts back?

-Duxwing

To remove the SQUAD retextures, remove the Parts folder from the TextureReplacer/Default/Squad folder in GameData.

To remove the SQUAD retextures, remove the Parts folder from the TextureReplacer/Default/Squad folder in GameData.

Thanks! :) Can I so remove textures from that folder as to keep textures I want; e.g., the helmet reflections?

-Duxwing

Yep, if you remove just the Part folder from the Squad folder in Texture Replacer, you'll only remove Proot's retextures of the stock parts. All the rest will still be there (visor reflections, skybox, planets, etc...).

Also, sorry for my delayed response. Was outside all day today...finally got a beautiful weekend in Minnesota this spring!

Having an issue at 34000m, any ideas people?

Mod list:
• 6S Service Compartment Tubes 1.2
• Achievements 1.6.0
• Active Texture Management 3.1 (AGRESSIVE)
• Ambient Light Adjustment 1.1.0
• Aviation Lights 3.6
• B9 Aerospace Pack R4.0c (With Raven's Patch)
• Cargo Transfer and Tanks 0.6.1
• Chatterer 0.5.9.3
• Circular Panels v2 (with Modified Textures)
• CoolRockets! 0.4
• Distant Object Enhancement 1.3
• DMagic Orbital Science 0.8
• Docking Port Alignment Indicator 3.1
• Editor Extensions 1.1
• Enhanced NavBall 1.2
• Environmental Visual Enhancement 7.3 (High Res)
• FASA Launch Towers 3.85
• Firespitter 6.3
• HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement 7.1
• Hullcam VDS 0.2.9.5
• Hyperedit 1.2.4.2
• Infernal Robotics Parts Pack 0.15
• Kerbal Alarm Clock 2.7.2.0
• Kerbal Attachment System 0.4.7
• Kerbal Dust Experiment 1.01
• Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 2.3
• KerbQuake 1.21
• Kethane 0.8.5
• KOSMOS Space Station Parts Pack R4.7.2 (With NoMrBond's TechTree Integration Config File)
• KSP Interstellar 0.11
• KSPRC 0.1.515
• KSPX 0.2.6.1
• KW Rocketry 2.5.6B
• Lazor Docking Cam 17.04.14
• LCD - Launch CountDown 1.7.1
• MechJeb 2.2.1
• Modular Fuel Tanks 4.3
• Module Manager 2.1.0
• NovaPunch 2.03.5
• Procedural Fairing 3.01
• Quantum Struts Continued 27/02/2014 (With Edited Textures)
• RasterPropMonitor 0.16
• RealChute Parachute Systems 1.1.0.1
• Scan Sat Build 6
• SDHI Service Module System 1.9
• SmokeScreen 2.0
• Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack 3.12
• TAC Life Support 0.8.0.4
• Taurus HCV 1.0.1
• Texture Replacer 1.5
• Toolbar 1.7.1
• Tree Loader 1.0
• Universal Storage 0.62
• Wheel Sounds 0.5

I think it could be related to Smokescreen. Verify with sarbian and if it is, he'll need an output_log.txt from you.

Saw this problem with the latest version of Smokescreen.

Having an issue at 34000m, any ideas people?

Mod list:

• 6S Service Compartment Tubes 1.2

• Achievements 1.6.0

• Active Texture Management 3.1 (AGRESSIVE)

• Ambient Light Adjustment 1.1.0

• Aviation Lights 3.6

• B9 Aerospace Pack R4.0c (With Raven's Patch)

• Cargo Transfer and Tanks 0.6.1

• Chatterer 0.5.9.3

• Circular Panels v2 (with Modified Textures)

• CoolRockets! 0.4

• Distant Object Enhancement 1.3

• DMagic Orbital Science 0.8

• Docking Port Alignment Indicator 3.1

• Editor Extensions 1.1

• Enhanced NavBall 1.2

• Environmental Visual Enhancement 7.3 (High Res)

• FASA Launch Towers 3.85

• Firespitter 6.3

• HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement 7.1

• Hullcam VDS 0.2.9.5

• Hyperedit 1.2.4.2

• Infernal Robotics Parts Pack 0.15

• Kerbal Alarm Clock 2.7.2.0

• Kerbal Attachment System 0.4.7

• Kerbal Dust Experiment 1.01

• Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 2.3

• KerbQuake 1.21

• Kethane 0.8.5

• KOSMOS Space Station Parts Pack R4.7.2 (With NoMrBond's TechTree Integration Config File)

• KSP Interstellar 0.11

• KSPRC 0.1.515

• KSPX 0.2.6.1

• KW Rocketry 2.5.6B

• Lazor Docking Cam 17.04.14

• LCD - Launch CountDown 1.7.1

• MechJeb 2.2.1

• Modular Fuel Tanks 4.3

• Module Manager 2.1.0

• NovaPunch 2.03.5

• Procedural Fairing 3.01

• Quantum Struts Continued 27/02/2014 (With Edited Textures)

• RasterPropMonitor 0.16

• RealChute Parachute Systems 1.1.0.1

• Scan Sat Build 6

• SDHI Service Module System 1.9

• SmokeScreen 2.0

• Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack 3.12

• TAC Life Support 0.8.0.4

• Taurus HCV 1.0.1

• Texture Replacer 1.5

• Toolbar 1.7.1

• Tree Loader 1.0

• Universal Storage 0.62

• Wheel Sounds 0.5

You sure that you got all these mods? Seems, that they use more than 4GB of RAM.....

With

B9

Infernal Robotics

Kerbal Attachment System

Kethane

KOSMOS

KW Rocketry

you should get RAM errors?

Yep, if you remove just the Part folder from the Squad folder in Texture Replacer, you'll only remove Proot's retextures of the stock parts. All the rest will still be there (visor reflections, skybox, planets, etc...).

Cool! It worked! Can I make Kerbin less blue? Should it be so blue as KSPRC makes it?

Also, sorry for my delayed response. Was outside all day today...finally got a beautiful weekend in Minnesota this spring!

Yay! :)

-Duxwing

Hey guys, I am running KSPRC with all dependencies and am enjoying it immensely. The only problem I am beginning to run into in my current career, is that as my rockets get bigger, the lag during launch skyrockets (I like puns :D ). It gets to the point where with a 150-part ship I will need four minutes per in-game-minute, which is just ridiculous, especially when you imagine what might happen to future 500-part ships.

I am sort-of responsible for it too, since I deactivated ActiveTextureManagement (Because I spend 90 % of my time with really small ships/probes or in the VAB, I don't want to miss out on the nice graphics). Now, what possibilities do you see for me to optimise my launch times (I don't care about any visuals at launch, I just want it to go smoothly) while also keeping the pretty stuff when in space?

Would it be possible for example to make clouds/lights only visible from space? Can I remove some of the engine exhaust produced during launch? Is there some way for ActiveTexture Management to be strict on larger ships and less present on small ones?

If it were me and I were concerned with the looks but not the launches, I'd remove SmokeScreen. I believe the Smoke at launch can be a cause of some major lag on occasion. Also, ATM shouldn't have any affect on framerates, it just reduces the memory footprint KSP uses when loading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.