[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

If it were me and I were concerned with the looks but not the launches, I'd remove SmokeScreen. I believe the Smoke at launch can be a cause of some major lag on occasion. Also, ATM shouldn't have any affect on framerates, it just reduces the memory footprint KSP uses when loading.

The new smokescreen allows you to edit the max particles and stuff like that.

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone was experiencing any particle problems from the NASA srb's http://imgur.com/f8361dk

It only looks like that at this angle. Also this only happens when I install KSPRC but when I just use Hotrockets and smoke screen alone its just fine.

i have had that same thing although the particle effects would be replaced with images of flags for some reason

Edit: shown here YoYpkIj.pngyKouBrn.png notice the retro flags in there from KSPRC

Edited by Helix935

i also have this other problem...

album

the textures (kerbin, the capsule and other parts, and the flags) look extremely bad for some reason even though i have only active texture reduction basic on it which shouldn't affect the textures like this so any one know why?

also you can see more of this in my post above as you can see with chatterer icon, the kerbal flight indicators, and the steam gauges

Edit: nevermind it has just been fixed via uninstalling of everything else and then reinstallation of everything

Edited by Helix935

I've sent this as a message to both you, Proot, and Mihara, so hopefully I can figure out what the issue is.

I've done a clean install of both KSPRC and RPM, and I think it's something screwing up between them. Screens display this wonky grey broken texture, and the AG buttons are messed up as well.

6fyQ6vj.jpg

VzRkjtO.jpg

Z2Xfz9u.jpg

Any ideas?

Output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

Hey to those experiencing particle problems for their boosters, I found out that the problem is coming from the FX folder from with in the TextureReplacer folder. The directory should be GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad. You should find two folders in the Squad folder. One FX and the other parts. In order to get rid of the problem I just deleted the FX folder. I don't know how deleting the folder will affect the game but so far I haven't run into any more problems. Just make sure you backup your game if your gonna try this fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with ancaster, I prefer the look of the planets compared to astronomers pack, but really don't want to use the rest of the stuff as it conflicts with loads of RSS mods.

You can just put in the EVE folders from the .zip file except this is not made for Real Solar System.

I have and it works the same as it did with 32-bit.

Hey to those experiencing particle problems for their boosters, I found out that the problem is coming from the FX folder from with in the TextureReplacer folder. The directory should be GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad. You should find two folders in the Squad folder. One FX and the other parts. In order to get rid of the problem I just deleted the FX folder. I don't know how deleting the folder will affect the game but so far I haven't run into any more problems. Just make sure you backup your game if your gonna try this fix.

THANK YOU. I've been wondering how to get rid of the flag-exhaust for days now...

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed all the mods that are required but whenever I install this I get a huge FPS drop when at LKO. It goes down to like 5 FPS. The more I go out into space from Kerbin, the better performance I get which is around 30 FPS. Without this I get the normal 30 FPS.

Proot, I'm making my own uniforms from your textures. This involves separating the flat files out into pngs to combine as layers so I can add custom colours, patterns, flags, decals, etc. Would it be OK to release those working assets to the community so everyone else can take advantage of my work to create their own custom space suits?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.