[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I know this is supposed to be an inclusive forum.

It has children and old people and everyone in between on it, I know.

I know you're generally supposed to keep content age appropriate for everyone.

But that post got me inexplicably aroused and it's difficult to contain.

So. Much. Anticipation.

The new sky box is 4k, but I feel this version a bit lighter than the actual.

The revamped parts has been limited to improvements of the existing textures due to this mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92764-Stock-Part-Revamp-%28Redone-Plane-Parts!-Engines!-and-more!%29-25!

I consider it a fantastic work and the look of the tanks is truly similar to my achievements (but improved by the new models).

Fortunately I still prefer the textures of my capsules. :)

The core pack will be powered by RSS, EVE, TR, Kittopia, DOE and PS plugins.

Edited by Proot

The new sky box is 4k, but I feel this version a bit lighter than the actual.

The revamped parts has been limited to improvements of the existing textures due to this mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92764-Stock-Part-Revamp-%28Redone-Plane-Parts!-Engines!-and-more!%29-25!

I consider it a fantastic work and the look of the tanks is truly similar to my achievements (but improved by the new models).

Fortunately I still prefer the textures of my capsules. :)

The core pack will be powered by EVE, TR, Kittopia, DOE and PS.

Yay my mod (PlanetShine) will be in a pack! :3

I'm curious about how you tweaked the settings, I think you should keep a bit of reflection on the ground of moons.

Edited by Valerian

Yay my mod (PlanetShine) will be in a pack! :3

I'm curious about how you tweaked the settings, I think you should keep a bit of reflection on the ground of moons.

The honour is here!. I try to get a photorealistic effect, so in fact I wish I could control the brightness power versus darkness, to saturate a bit more the brightness in the light areas... :D

Speaking about brightness, I wonder is it possible to make all the solar panels work accordingly to the inverse square law (as they should) instead of running on some weird Squad formula which makes them only half as useful nerby Jool as they are near Kerbin.

Speaking about brightness, I wonder is it possible to make all the solar panels work accordingly to the inverse square law (as they should) instead of running on some weird Squad formula which makes them only half as useful nerby Jool as they are near Kerbin.

Possible I guess... with module manager, but I don't know how do that exactly.

I wonder is it possible to make all the solar panels work accordingly to the inverse square law (as they should)
Possible I guess... with module manager, but I don't know how do that exactly.
BTSM already does it if you want to look into its source code

Terribly easy and is included as a MM config in both Science Revisited and Stock Rebalance Project (copied from my SRB config):

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:FOR[StockRebalance]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
{
!powerCurve {}
powerCurve
{
key = 0 10 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 27199680512 0.25 0 0
key = 40799520768 0.1111 0 0
key = 54399361024 0.0625 0 0
key = 67999201280 0.04 0 0
key = 81599041536 0.0278 0 0
key = 95198881792 0 0 0
}
}
}

IMHO though, it's kind of out of scope for a visual effects mod pack to be changing how parts behave.. but it's up to Proot, obviously.

it's kind of out of scope for a visual effects mod pack to be changing how parts behave.. but it's up to Proot, obviously.

Agree with this as well. If it's something Proot wants to do, I have no issue with him including it, but IMO it's entirely out of scope for a visual enhancement mod.

I think I'm gonna have to drop mods now just to free enough RAM to install this once it's updated. I can't wait to torture myself like this.

On a more serious note, any chance we could get high/medium/low res versions of the assets?

Terribly easy and is included as a MM config in both Science Revisited and Stock Rebalance Project (copied from my SRB config):

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:FOR[StockRebalance]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
{
!powerCurve {}
powerCurve
{
key = 0 10 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 27199680512 0.25 0 0
key = 40799520768 0.1111 0 0
key = 54399361024 0.0625 0 0
key = 67999201280 0.04 0 0
key = 81599041536 0.0278 0 0
key = 95198881792 0 0 0
}
}
}

IMHO though, it's kind of out of scope for a visual effects mod pack to be changing how parts behave.. but it's up to Proot, obviously.

I didn't know that - thank you very much!

I'm still struggling with the normal maps. I don't work with .mbm, so I don't know how to create really smooth and correct maps for some revamps.

I usually use the nvida normal map filter, and it works with some textures, but create wrong shadows in others cases... I've tried the channels swapping, but I'm doing it wrong or is not working correctly... :(

For textures with "NRM" suffix, you should use usual, RGB = XYZ ("blue") normal maps. Otherwise you need to convert them to RGBA = YYYX ("grey", copy R -> A, then G -> R, B) normal maps. There are a few exceptions though, e.g. 2.5m RCS, and AV-R8 winglet use "blue" normal maps, but without "NRM" suffix, since they are specified as normal maps inside MU files. They are converted to "grey" format when models that use them are loaded.

If you decide to use DDS textures, you must use "grey" normal maps everywhere.

For textures with "NRM" suffix, you should use usual, RGB = XYZ ("blue") normal maps. Otherwise you need to convert them to RGBA = YYYX ("grey", copy R -> A, then G -> R, B) normal maps. There are a few exceptions though, e.g. 2.5m RCS, and AV-R8 winglet use "blue" normal maps, but without "NRM" suffix, since they are specified as normal maps inside MU files. They are converted to "grey" format when models that use them are loaded.

If you decide to use DDS textures, you must use "grey" normal maps everywhere.

Ok, I get it now. I think...

But why still appearing those annoying huge pixels? :(

soXNr3L.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.