[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Kittopiatech is for the sun particles and Jool's rings

RSS is ONLY to change the atmosphere and sunlight color. It does NOT re-size the planets, it just removes the ugly white of the atmosphere to make it more beautiful. :D

Ok thanks for the reply. That's all I was wondering about why these mods were being included.

so I've installed this. And it looks amazing. Just one thing though. Is it really meant to be so pitch black when on the dark side of a planet? I mean I can't even see my ship at all. And if so is there any setting by chance that can make it more like stock ksp where there is still enough light to at least see the ship a little?

Edited by Hevak

Just one thing though. Is it really meant to be so pitch black when on the dark side of a planet? I mean I can't even see my ship at all.

Yes, that's intentional. You should bring some lights to light your ship if you want to see it. Or the mods settings you want to change are PlanetShine (specifically the vacuum light level in the settings.cfg).

So I've just downloaded pack, the only mod I have is Kerbal Alarm Clock. I also have bases on Mun and Minmus. Just wanted to know if either of these things are going to cause me trouble before I integrate this Mod?

Have seen it advisable to only use on a clean vanilla game.

Cheers.

Is there supposed to be an Aurora? Because I don't have one. However everything else looks great.

Yep, sure is supposed to have aurorae! Is it just Kerbin it is missing from, or other celestial bodies with atmospheres?

Also, Proot, are you happy with the current sun flare or are you planning on changing it? Personally, I think the bulk (middle, I have no idea what I'm saying) of the flare is too large. In my honest opinion, I think that the light rays coming out from the side should be larger to achieve a more realistic effect. What I am saying, in short, is that it should be more similar to the one over on the BA thread. As you can see in the image below, the sun itself is quite small, however the light rays at the side are massive compared to it.

sunearthpanel_sts129.jpg

I wouldn't really mind if it stayed the same, as I know you can't please everyone, but that is just my opinion. Anyway, super awesome pack! Better than the others if you ask me, the rings of Jool are spectacular!

Edited by Chezburgar7300
Removed attempt at linking to imgur pic of BA flare.

Figured I'd ask here, but not sure. If you have the Cacteye telescope and put in this pack I get a white square in the "preview" gui of the Cacteye mod. However the screenshot images it takes appear OK, but they do have some distortion. Is there a fix for that, or is that just a fact of life?

NEVER MIND I'm dumb.

Turned out to be the DDS conversion I did. Reverting "CactEye\Icons\crosshair.png " back to PNG worked.

Edited by rottielover

Yep, sure is supposed to have aurorae! Is it just Kerbin it is missing from, or other celestial bodies with atmospheres?

Also, Proot, are you happy with the current sun flare or are you planning on changing it? Personally, I think the bulk (middle, I have no idea what I'm saying) of the flare is too large. In my honest opinion, I think that the light rays coming out from the side should be larger to achieve a more realistic effect. What I am saying, in short, is that it should be more similar to the one over on the BA thread. As you can see in the image below, the sun itself is quite small, however the light rays at the side are massive compared to it.

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/SID/activities/images/sunearthpanel_sts129.jpg

I wouldn't really mind if it stayed the same, as I know you can't please everyone, but that is just my opinion. Anyway, super awesome pack! Better than the others if you ask me, the rings of Jool are spectacular!

I know a bit about lenses... but I'm afraid that my english is not so advanced to explain this right... so a short response: KSP only have one quite-simple flare; is pretty hard to get a flare that can be realistic in vacuum and under atmo too. That is why the stock lens flare is so much simpler that the customizations.

Right now my lensflare is a "monster", a combination of the most photorealistic effect for vacuum and under atmo. I'm always enhancing my work, so expect improvements, but keep this in mind: you only could see a type of flare like in your pic when you look directly o near to directly to the light source. Using that type of flare right now in KSP is not the most realistic option. That could be possible only if the KSP lens flare had an extra layer for the light source. But the KSP lens flare texture only have 3 points for the lenses flares and two for the light source (one for the main light point and one "surrounding" that light point). That is why In-game you only see changes in the flares, never real changes in the light source.

so proot whats the plans for the next version. me i modified this to give minmus a cloud fog level at ground, eve to have clouds from basicaly 30km all way down to 0 and storms on duna. ive seen the RSE thread would love to see some of that stuff added to ksprc

Sorry but I don't want only eye-candy here, I try to be as realistic as possible with this. I know effects like that, but I don't get why minmus (a moon without atmosphere) should have "fog".

I was going to release an "extras" pack, but I'm working now very happy with the new version of EVE. Rbray is still WIP, but he is very skilled and I'm doing promising advances with his new tool. We can modify now the ground and the oceans textures, as example. I think that the new version would let me do something much more close to my particular vision of vanilla KSP.

For the next version? Expect KSPRC multiplied by thousand. A lot of new effects (new ice steams at Eeloo, as example, wich is much more plausible that a fog in minmus), a completely new and much better atmo ambient for kerbin and other planets with atmosphere, better ingame lighting, better clouds, better lensflare, better sun and sun corona, new parts revamps, new flames (with atmospherical grow), better smoke effects, dds textures for much (much!) faster loads and less RAM use, chatterer effects back and so on...

Oh, and many little surprises like (if pizzaoverhead updates the soundtrack editor) new musical themes from Emil Persson and Yannick Bertulli.

I have a little-personal dream: get a KSP so pretty and realist that your heart accelerates with every new little step. The KSP system with the beauty that deserves, where you can pass years exploring and you still finding new details.:blush:

EDIT:

First approachs to the new EVE atmospherical system and new oceans, now my configs are much better...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Proot

thats looking good. look like u took some of the way the RSV thread are doing stufff.

well on minmius i dont mean fog like in fog on a planet with atmo i mean if minmus is suppose to be mostly ice and that close to the sun u would have a perpetual evap of the ice turning minmius into more like a comet as it went around kerbin.

So this is my first time downloading this since its first released. Are the dependencies now incorporated into the download? Also whats the deal with Chatterer? I noticed that's no longer mentioned. Lol.. I only really want the breathing noise.

Edit: Nevermind.. I see that Chatterer is out of date.

Edited by Motokid600

I've still got tricks that others nor can dream... :cool:

xlI5NMa.jpg

Still WIP (EVE overhaul). The sun is overlapped by the atmo, colors are not definitive... but this is close to how new sunsets could look. Please, notice the new atmo ambient, the new sunflare and the "procedural" dust particles flaring in the air, while floats to the camera.

And this are only the first steps... :D

Sorry Astronomer! I'm gonna have to ditch Interstellar for this 2.0 update!

Edit: The sun flare is much cooler!

Edit 2: Would it be possible to include features such as the lightning and no blurry clouds like in Astronomer's interstellar? Or would that be widely considered as copying/plagiarism?

Edited by Chezburgar7300

Sorry Astronomer! I'm gonna have to ditch Interstellar for this 2.0 update!

Edit: The sun flare is much cooler!

Edit 2: Would it be possible to include features such as the lightning and no blurry clouds like in Astronomer's interstellar? Or would that be widely considered as copying/plagiarism?

lightning? sorry but I don't use other environmental packs and I don´t know about that. Can you explain me?

And what do you mean when you say "no blurry" clouds? imho, clouds are blurry by definition. lol

Believe me, I've improved a lot the atmo ambients: now the warp time in kerbin looks much more like a real timelapse (which means that everything is becoming more natural and realistic), I have new tricks to enhance the clouds and made it more consistent... but sorry, my cloud textures are one of the things that I love more from my pack (still looking good ingame even at 64px of resolution). So don't expect changes in the cloud particles. ;)

lightning? sorry but I don't use other environmental packs and I don´t know about that. Can you explain me?

And what do you mean when you say "no blurry" clouds? imho, clouds are blurry by definition. lol

Believe me, I've improved a lot the atmo ambients: now the warp time in kerbin looks much more like a real timelapse (which means that everything is becoming more natural and realistic), I have new tricks to enhance the clouds and made it more consistent... but sorry, my cloud textures are one of the things that I love more from my pack (still looking good ingame even at 64px of resolution). So don't expect changes in the cloud particles. ;)

Okie dokie! I will explain as best as I can. A much better answer could be said (or shown) if I could find time to upload an example video to Youtube for you to see. If you want, I could do that in about 12-15 hours.

Anyway! In astronomer's Interstellar pack, there is an option to add 'lightning'. As far as I know, it is essentially another layer in the atmosphere that blinks off and on in some spots that creates the illusion of lightning in the clouds. As you can see from the pic below (courtesy of Astronomer on the EVE release thread), there are some parts of the night side of Kerbin that are illuminated.

dG4lja0.png

WJn9P48.png

Now! For the cloud part. The clouds themselves aren't blurry (from orbit), however have you noticed that from ground level or close to the cloud layer that clouds in the distance are relatively blurry while the close clouds are detailed? I'll upload a pic to this post in the morning to show you compared to Astronomer's pack. The close clouds and clouds from orbit look perfect (believe me, the KSPRC clouds are unparalleled if you ask me), however from ground level the distant clouds look distorted/blurry. I have no idea how he does it, but he does. Anyway, I'm sorry to put all of this and bug you heaps, as I know your English isn't the best (You're Spanish, if I'm not mistaken| You're actually speaking pretty great!), but as I've heard across the forum; "Feedback is welcome!"

Edit: Also to anyone who reads this: Would you consider it copying if Proot were to implement similar features?

Edit 2: The 'blurry clouds' comparison (somewhat):

Astronomer's pack second, KSPRC first. Notice how none of the clouds are blurry at all? (Compared to closer ones being detailed, and further being detailed)

yA3JbCP.jpgUAQOZA6.jpg

Edited by Chezburgar7300
Just found the advanced changes button. No more several edits!

I've still got tricks that others nor can dream... :cool:

(...)

Still WIP (EVE overhaul). The sun is overlapped by the atmo, colors are not definitive... but this is close to how new sunsets could look. Please, notice the new atmo ambient, the new sunflare and the "procedural" dust particles flaring in the air, while floats to the camera.

And this are only the first steps... :D

It certainly does look amazing :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.