[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

It's a replacement texture for the sun, included as a sharedassets file in KSP_Data. No mod can touch it, you have to put it in manually (don't know if the download is up to date on that one though).

Ok noted; now I know what I have to look for.

I must have missed something

Many thanks.

Rbray just have a lot of work irl-atm, I hope he'll be back soon.

The best of this version: at the moment the memory footprint is much more small than the actual version... load more quick, looks better and runs as well as now. I'm converting manually (for the best) all the textures to dds.

Most of bodies will be fully revamped, to fit the stock look much better, EVE have a new and promising system for the details (not finished yet, anyway).

Example: I'm running my test install, with many other mods too, just with the "texture compression" from Textur Replacer and the DDS loader (not using ATM)... and my game remains at 1.9 or 2 GB.

Edited by Proot

Proot, why am i not seeing the rings around Jool when i view it from KSC? Thanks in advance.

You say in the actual version? I'll try to figure out why. Can you say me some other details about your install?

I've reinstalled the KSPRC pack this is what I have as "issues"

1-Kerbol isn't white (althought it has the correct texture)

2-White horizon

3-Jool does not have rings

4-RSS is notified as incompatible with the current KSP version.

I'm playing in 32bytes. Is it the trouble?

Update the mods that come with KSPRC. Kittopia (rings) and RSS (removes white horizon) are not compatible with 0.90. ATM, Chatterer and TR are also outdated.

Completely correct. I'm gonna try to update the pack asap, not to the new version yet, but with the updated plugins and a correct asset for the flare. Many thanks Shaw.

Thanks! I heard about it, but I don't know CKAN. Can catch up me about it?

they have a short guide here.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

Though as a note, im not sure it would be that easy to get it setup right without one of the CKAN devs doing some setup, since ive noticed CKAN doesnt like overwriting other mods files.

Thanks! I heard about it, but I don't know CKAN. Can catch up me about it?

Basically Proot, CKAN is an addon manager. It uses a JSON file that describes a bunch of attributes of the required installation as well as any additional components that are required to be installed for the mod to function properly.

If you'd like to check out the CKAN thread, it's here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-5-0-24-Dec-2014?p=1673692&posted=1#post1673692

There should be info there on how to set up your mod to work with CKAN. The easiest way to get it working though, is to upload your mod to KerbalStuff. I believe there is a process that auto-adds available mods that are on KerbalStuff to the CKAN.

Ok, there is a thing that I wish to do in KSPRC from time ago... science reports and contracts related to the KSPRC contents. But I'm afraid that, despite my english lexicon is quite good, my grammar is not so good as to do it as well done as I want. A.K.A. "I daren't to do it myself".

So maybe it's a good point to start with "Laika SIR Common Enterprises":

uvaOScL.png

My first idea is to do a public document to build them, in the style of "Crowd Sourced Science" mod. But we should care two points:

1 - It's probably "easy" to make with MM, but we should think on how implement new features (or how to use the actual system for). As dumb example: scientific tests related to clouds.

2 - Don't do spoilers. If you want to add something, you will know details about the new release... but, for sure, it will be much more fun and surprising if you find it playing.

Edited by Proot

Ok, there is a thing that I wish to do in KSPRC from time ago... science reports and contracts related to the KSPRC contents. But I'm afraid that, despite my english lexicon is quite good, my grammar is not so good as to do it as well done as I want. A.K.A. "I daren't to do it myself".

So maybe it's a good point to start with "Laika SIR Common Enterprises":

My first idea is to do a public document to build them, in the style of "Crowd Sourced Science" mod. But we should care two points:

1 - It's probably "easy" to make with MM, but we should think on how implement new features (or how to use the actual system for). As dumb example: scientific tests related to clouds.

2 - Don't do spoilers. If you want to add something, you will know details about the new release... but, for sure, it will be much more fun and surprising if you find it playing.

Sounds good. Will you be continuing with retexturing the stock parts in the new version?

Sounds good. Will you be continuing with retexturing the stock parts in the new version?

I'm redoing or reworking almost all textures to improve it and to fit better with stock. That include the parts. The next step should be the engines, but I feel quite depressed about it, lol, because I love the engines from Ven's mod... and I don't use them only because I don't like how they install. For now I want to revamp the inline and the normal cockpit, the landing gear and the wheels.

I'm redoing or reworking almost all textures to improve it and to fit better with stock. That include the parts. The next step should be the engines, but I feel quite depressed about it, lol, because I love the engines from Ven's mod... and I don't use them only because I don't like how they install. For now I want to revamp the inline and the normal cockpit, the landing gear and the wheels.

Cool! Looking forward to it Proot!

- - - Updated - - -

Also to add, will the new reflective visors be in as well?

because I love the engines from Ven's mod... and I don't use them only because I don't like how they install.

What do you mean? Do you mean that they don't override stock part anymore?

I'm kinda sad about that, because retexturing part is probably one of the most heavy and time consuming part for you and it's kind of a waste when there is a mod that already fixes the stock part style and texture quality.

Anyway it's your work so in the end it's up to you :)

Also your grammar is pretty good already...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.