[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I'm doubting about to keep doing stock part revamps. I don't like most of Ven's pods, but I'm in love with his engines and cupola... And despite his mod is CC-BY and can be adopted for KSPRC I wish to, at least, wait to see how Ven finish his closest plans. I the other hand I really like my new retexture for the Mk1-2...

What do you think about this topic?

I wish to do a new poll, but I don't known even how to delete the old one... :P

Anybody knows how to do it?

You need to request a poll deletion in this thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25176-Need-a-Thread-Moving-Removing-Closing-or-Post-Deleted

Just tried to this for the first time and when KSP is starting up and loading everything it gets to TextureReplacer/KerbinScaledSpace300 and completely freezes, stops responding, and I have to close it. It does this every time I try to start it up. Is there any way I can fix this?

Could be Active Texture Manager doing its thing. Have you tried leaving it for a long time and see if it loads? And I mean a looong time: when ATM is working away at a big pile of large textures for the first time, it can take over half an hour to get through them all, in my experience.

Edited by UnanimousCoward
Fix typo.

Could be Active Texture Manager doing its thing. Have you tried leaving it for a long time and see if it loads? And I mean a looong time: when ATM is working away at a big pile of large textures for the first time, it can take over half an hour to get through them all, in my experience.

Just like to add that it also may help if you load mods one at a time; this is assuming that you're using ATM.

I keep working, right now focused on revamps. Finally I've decided to do it freely, for all those who want better looking parts but not a replacement. I have most of the wheels redone, the docking ports (all), the mk1 cockpit, and some small pieces. I just finished the Mainsail engine.. and I like it, so I now I gonna do most of the engines. All has been done to fit better with stock, but this time I've followed more the style of Space Plane Plus, instead the old Squad styles.

I keep working, right now focused on revamps. Finally I've decided to do it freely, for all those who want better looking parts but not a replacement. I have most of the wheels redone, the docking ports (all), the mk1 cockpit, and some small pieces. I just finished the Mainsail engine.. and I like it, so I now I gonna do most of the engines. All has been done to fit better with stock, but this time I've followed more the style of Space Plane Plus, instead the old Squad styles.

At this point Squad should just make this stock for 1.0.

The amount of work put into KSPRC would take months to develop by Squad, and probably wouldn't look as good!

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but it would be awesome if the time of day would affect how the world is tinted. For example, during sunset KSC should have an orange tint.

Keep up the great work. Installing this pack has made me come back to KSP in full force after a few months hiatus.

I'm on a laptop with an AMD A8-5550M APU with no dedicated graphics device (unless you consider the APU one!)

The first time I tried this was a couple KSP versions ago, and it ran okay enough. Today was the second time I tried this, and it both looks and runs amazing!

I use openGL and DDS4KSP + DDSLoader to save memory, and other than DDS4KSP's texture compression I don't adjust or resize any of these textures. Great job!

My only gripe is that I would prefer a much darker dark side on planets, similar to Interstellar pack's dark side. Out of all the images from the Apollo missions, the ones of Earth's night side being almost impossible to distinguish from the darkness of space around it always stuck out the most for me. If I ever get sent to the moon, I'd probably spend my entire visit sitting on a rock and staring at Earth, it's just so beautiful!!

Edit: Actually, I can't remember which EVE pack did the darker night sides. I could've sworn it was Astronomer's, but I can't find any packs with the pictures I remember. || E#2: It's actually from better Atmospheres. You can stand on the launch pad, look up at the Mun, and admire its waxing phase instead of seeing a big ball of gray. || E#3: Nevermind, I have absolutely no idea which EVE pack did that, but I still want it! :C

Final edit: Please note the wonderful dark side you can find in KSPRC already. Yes, with just one quick rocket launch you are able to admire this excellent dark side that (for good reasons, probably) can't be seen within the tracking station! I am a derp. This pack is great

Edited by Nerezza

At this point Squad should just make this stock for 1.0.

The amount of work put into KSPRC would take months to develop by Squad, and probably wouldn't look as good!

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but it would be awesome if the time of day would affect how the world is tinted. For example, during sunset KSC should have an orange tint.

Keep up the great work. Installing this pack has made me come back to KSP in full force after a few months hiatus.

Ha,ha, many thanks!

Right now I'm working on oceans, sunsets and sunrises too. I got the oceans reflecting a much better and realistic light, with beauty oranges precisely!

I hope that Rbray89 comes back soon to update to all this new features.

Btw I'm completely available to be hired as 2D/Environmental artist! :D

Only interested in clouds (and volumetric clouds) and city lights, tried the clouds & lights pack from Better Atmosphere and Astronomer's Visual Pack Interstellar and KSPRC.

Feel sorry to BA & AVPI, but if I have to rate those pack, then it looks like this:

EVE default: 40 points

BA: 60 points

AVPI: 70 points

KSPRC: 300 points

Question for Proot: Which plugins are you using to change the texture of an ocean (or make it seem so)? The screenshots you posted of Eve a few pages back, and these ones of the Kerbin coastline are fantastic.

He is using the new EVE Overhaul I believe.

Sadly we can't play the environmental update until we can get the new version of Environmental Visual Enhancements mod (by Rbray89), there is a WIP version to try (which I'm using to do so much work as possible before the final release) , but still contains bugs.

Truth is that EVE and TR are two of my most favorite mods, so right now I'm like ripped in half. ;.; I hope Rbray89 back soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.