[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Excuse my absence, people. IRL problems... :blush:

But I'm back now and I have tons of new things to release!

Unfortunately Rbray89 is not back ("yet", I wish), so the update to the new EVE system will be impossible for now.

(If you don't know about it you can see this http://imgur.com/a/NXCuk or this http://imgur.com/a/wff3f or this http://imgur.com/a/6X04q )

I'm gonna try this new mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115408-WIP-Scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-mod to get similar effects to my last configs of WIP EVE, but we will to wait to get the advanced features of the new EVE.

That means "like a sir common enterprises" will be delayed until the WIP EVE features become completed.

Buuuut... in the other hand, less the buildings and some other things, I've revamped close to all textures. (so hope you like it...)

Stay alert, new version very soon.

Glad to see you're back! Wait, why is the new EVE update impossible now? It looked so good!

Glad to see you're back! Wait, why is the new EVE update impossible now? It looked so good!

Yeah I want to ask the same thing. Why it is not possible to use new EVE ? It looks great and I think it would be nice to use it.

Are there some bugs ? As far as I know there are no critical bugs so why you are not going to use it in new version Proot ?

Looking forward for new release :)

Yeah I want to ask the same thing. Why it is not possible to use new EVE ? It looks great and I think it would be nice to use it.

Are there some bugs ? As far as I know there are no critical bugs so why you are not going to use it in new version Proot ?

Looking forward for new release :)

Because E.V.E 8 hasn't been released yet. It's what drove me away from Better Atmospheres. It's in development phase and is currently too unreliable to be used for packs like these. There are plenty of bugs and features that are missing to actually use it for release.

The new EVE is not ready (as example, the atmosphere and oceans shader are not ready yet). Very, very, very promising... but not ready. It's sad, because as mod is probably the hugest thing I ever seen in KSP.

Combinated with the Texture Replacer Mod, literally allow to create a new whole experience in the environments of the game.

So... We should be praying by Rbray hired by Squad. Or for his back to the forums...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(And by cases like this is why the mod developers deserves so much support from all of us.)

The new EVE is not ready (as example, the atmosphere and oceans shader are not ready yet). Very, very, very promising... but not ready. It's sad, because as mod is probably the hugest thing I ever seen in KSP.

Combinated with the Texture Replacer Mod, literally allow to create a new whole experience in the environments of the game.

So... We should be praying by Rbray hired by Squad. Or for his back to the forums...

http://imgur.com/a/44fDU

(And by cases like this is why the mod developers deserves so much support from all of us.)

Wau those pics looks so great.

I think those are from your new version right ? But you are using this new Eve right ?

Hope Rbay will come back soon.

As you wrote new EVE is best thing I see for KSP too.

Wau those pics looks so great.

I think those are from your new version right ? But you are using this new Eve right ?

Hope Rbay will come back soon.

As you wrote new EVE is best thing I see for KSP too.

Those pics are just samples about what can I do with wip-EVE.

By default the mod is "simplier" (is under development), but I've been doing my own tests lately...

Edited by Proot

The new EVE is not ready (as example, the atmosphere and oceans shader are not ready yet).

Those pics look so good! I see that you are planning on using the scatterer mod that will replace EVE's atmosphere? Don't know about the ocean shader but that ocean looks beautiful!

Hello, 0.90, vanilla, no other mod, installed this one.

Loading takes minutes, probably would take one hour so I just gave up and killed the process. Tryied multiple times. I have ATM, last version.

Could this because I have only 3GB of RAM? I don't think so though because I've indeed ATM and looking in the task manager I can see that it limits the RAM to 2 GB max.

Hello, 0.90, vanilla, no other mod, installed this one.

Loading takes minutes, probably would take one hour so I just gave up and killed the process. Tryied multiple times. I have ATM, last version.

Could this because I have only 3GB of RAM? I don't think so though because I've indeed ATM and looking in the task manager I can see that it limits the RAM to 2 GB max.

Thats normal on the first load of ActiveTextureManagment (ATM)

on the first load, ATM coverts all textures to DDS format, this can take a LOOOOOONG time. (took about 3 hours on my new install with 30 mods, and i have a fast computer)

Just let it run till it finishes, once it completes conversion loading will be nice and fast. (As a note if the game crashes during load, thats ok, the files that have been converted will still be converted and it will pick progress where it left off_)

Those pics look so good! I see that you are planning on using the scatterer mod that will replace EVE's atmosphere? Don't know about the ocean shader but that ocean looks beautiful!

I think that's the new EVE ground shaders, not scatterer mod. Scatterer mod adds aerial perspective, which makes mountain tops more visible as they are above the thickest atmosphere, while EVE just has a sort of general haze.

Updated to 0.2

Stock parts revamp.

- Aero (nose cones)

- Command (All except SPP parts & Nasa parts)

- Small parts (struts & fuel lines)

- Engines (Ion, 24-77, 48-7S, Aerospike, LV-909, LV-N, LV-T30, LV-T45, Mainsail, Poodle, Skipper, Rapier, Vernor)

- Fuel Tanks (Jumbo-64, T - 100/200/400/800, X200 - 8/16/32, RCS-R1)

- Science (Crew Lab)

- Structural (Station Hub, Engine Body Radial)

- Utility (Decouplers, docking ports, adapters, launch clamp, ligths...)

- Wheels (all + Gear Bay)

Clouds improved.

All kerbal heads revamped (including NPC).

Trees and grass revamped.

Several previous textures improved (including planets).

Pol revamped.

Insignias added to the regular suits (engenieer, scientific, pilot).

Memory usage improved by using dds textures.

New flags

Great job Proot! Looks awesome. Will be removing Ven's to check out your parts revamps. Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit: I love all the parts minus the engines...the big ugly blocky KSP engines can never be made look nice, no matter how much lipstick you put on those pigs.

Edited by Ignath

not sure what's going on but the DDS versions of the planet textures don't seem to be all that great compared to the PNG versions that come with TextureReplacer:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

however, Proot that Kerbin DDS replacement is very nice. I love the shallow seas! Really makes the planet more vibrant

not sure what's going on but the DDS versions of the planet textures don't seem to be all that great compared to the PNG versions that come with TextureReplacer:

http://imgur.com/a/vgbSq

however, Proot that Kerbin DDS replacement is very nice. I love the shallow seas! Really makes the planet more vibrant

Everything is well there, I think. Is the effect of the DDS mipmaps. If you go closer you should see the same level of detail as in the PNG version.

But, at far views, the texture size and level of detail decreases.

This allow to save memory but is more realistic too: as in real life, if you go far away from an object, you see less details in the surface.

I bet you love waiting on the bug reports to roll in when you release a new version huh Proot?

0.2 somehow seems to break the shapes of the moons Ovok and Wal in the Outer Planets Mod. They are both completely round now and the textures on Wal are all fubar :(

Updated to 0.2

Stock parts revamp.

- Aero (nose cones)

- Command (All except SPP parts & Nasa parts)

- Small parts (struts & fuel lines)

- Engines (Ion, 24-77, 48-7S, Aerospike, LV-909, LV-N, LV-T30, LV-T45, Mainsail, Poodle, Skipper, Rapier, Vernor)

- Fuel Tanks (Jumbo-64, T - 100/200/400/800, X200 - 8/16/32, RCS-R1)

- Science (Crew Lab)

- Structural (Station Hub, Engine Body Radial)

- Utility (Decouplers, docking ports, adapters, launch clamp, ligths...)

- Wheels (all + Gear Bay)

Clouds improved.

All kerbal heads revamped (including NPC).

Trees and grass revamped.

Several previous textures improved (including planets).

Pol revamped.

Insignias added to the regular suits (engenieer, scientific, pilot).

Memory usage improved by using dds textures.

New flags

Awesome! Any chance of a preview album of the reworked parts? Currently using Vens revamp, and would like to compare.

really appreciate the awesome work on this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.