[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

What's the word on 1.0?

No offense, but once again: the thread own title contain the response, you gonna ask the same on every page?

Sorry, but It's boring, doesn't help at all and isolates the relevant content of the thread among tons of variations about the same question.

In fact, it is easy do .bat files. I created many for different cases, where some mods were moved to a desktop folder. Like this I could switch fast between Stock-DMP, Stock-Graphics and Stock-Graphics-Parts. It is not even hard to write such "small programs without nice GUI". The only Problem would be that it is non-standardized where the user have their KSP folder ;-)

+1 for people learning to use batch files. Once you set them up it's great. I have a batch file to unload all planet textures, and then several to add in whatever I want - two variants of Kerbin clouds, Mun glow, Minmus hi-def texture, aurora, lightning, etc - from all 3 packs. A few seconds and I can re-arrange my whole game look, reduce my RAM usage when needed, etc

+1 for people learning to use batch files. Once you set them up it's great. I have a batch file to unload all planet textures, and then several to add in whatever I want - two variants of Kerbin clouds, Mun glow, Minmus hi-def texture, aurora, lightning, etc - from all 3 packs. A few seconds and I can re-arrange my whole game look, reduce my RAM usage when needed, etc

If only that could be done within the game while it's running.

An installer is not just 1 installer. Must be 3 to be fair: Win, Linux, OSX.

The actual install method is just "grab a folder and drag it into another one". 3 seconds approx. And works in any OS. lol

You gonna spend more time and effort pushing "Accept, Accept, Accept..." in an installer.

I'm more interested in seek a way to update the core plugins via CKAN. But I don't know yet if this is possible.

You could most likely do with just two scripts, one batch and one unix shell script (which would work across OSX and linux) if you want, you can DM me the requirements for the script and an dummy version of your pack to work with and I could try to whip up something for that. (If it works, it's a convenience for the users, if it doesn't your pack doesn't get any flak for broken installer, because I was the one that ....ed up)

Edit: you could similarly outsource the creation of a CKAN config to leave you free to work on the pack, but that is a little more involved so you might want to put the requirements for that into a post, so someone experienced with CKAN can pick that up

Edited by atraos

Honestly... is it really so hard to just drag and drop folders? Seems like all this CKAN and installer stuff just adds in more variables to have to trouble shoot.

I agree. I'm happy with drag drop. Let's me choose what I want installed if I'm smart too. Speaking of that, Proot can you tell me where in the install your revamped parts are? XD I want to manually change the ladder color. The yellow is beautiful

I just want a more dark and brooding look to my saves. Searched for ten minutes and didn't find them. They're probably somewhere really obvious...

part textures are found in the texturereplacer>default>squad>parts folders:wink:

I looked in there and didn't see the textures. I'm familiar with the format (I run a texturepack that uses TR in that very same way) but I didn't see them. :confused:

Honestly... is it really so hard to just drag and drop folders? Seems like all this CKAN and installer stuff just adds in more variables to have to trouble shoot and deal with.

That's why I offered to write the script. Doesn't use up Proot's resources for debugging etc. and it would be presented as a "use at your own risk" thing for the people that want the convenience

That's why I offered to write the script. Doesn't use up Proot's resources for debugging etc. and it would be presented as a "use at your own risk" thing for the people that want the convenience

Why don't you just go ahead and make it. Let people decide whether it's something they want after trying it.

If it is then you could spend time improving it or if not then abandon it.

Seems like it would just be a script to extract the files and paste them into the Game Data Folder with a UI to select which components you wanted to install.

It doesn't sound too hard.

It wouldn't be required if this mod was just put on CKAN though.

I'd give it a go ;D

No offense, but once again: the thread own title contain the response, you gonna ask the same on every page?

Sorry, but It's boring, doesn't help at all and isolates the relevant content of the thread among tons of variations about the same question.

Sorry mate, you're right. Great work, by the way.

I've been trying to get Renaissance running on my PC through updating a few the individual mods, and converting all the cloud and remaining .png textures to inverted .dds files. I'm also running a DX9 shader. And a few of my own part textures. And new textures for all the planets which I converted to inverted .dds files.

Here's the main screen:

QmZVXKW.jpg

More on this if I can get past the KSC save menu.

I've been trying to get Renaissance running on my PC through updating a few the individual mods, and converting all the cloud and remaining .png textures to inverted .dds files. I'm also running a DX9 shader. And a few of my own part textures. And new textures for all the planets which I converted to inverted .dds files.

Here's the main screen:

http://i.imgur.com/QmZVXKW.jpg

More on this if I can get past the KSC save menu.

You haven't converted normal maps correctly. You must swap channels RGB(A) -> GGGR.

You haven't converted normal maps correctly. You must swap channels RGB(A) -> GGGR.

I updated to the most recent version of EVE and this no longer showes up on screen. The clouds and atmosphere aren't visible on the loading screen any more. I wasn't able to enter any buildings upon loading the save menu when I took that save. That picture is as far as I got :(. If still relevant though, what images on screen had I not converted correctly, and what would that fix? The far left kerbal's suit is pitch white, presumably because KSP had the glitch where it doesn't complete loading all of the textures. I've deleted the suits now to conserve memory along with a few other things. Right now I'm only using the TextureReplacer files from Renaissance (though with a number of the parts edited) until all the other mods are updated. It's looking beautiful. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Downloaded installed then installed atm screen loads has purple square in right hand corner once game loaded square goes away.start game it freezes.have to restart with same results.have engineer and alarm.thanks

Downloaded installed then installed atm screen loads has purple square in right hand corner once game loaded square goes away.start game it freezes.have to restart with same results.have engineer and alarm.thanks

You've overwritten the sharedassets9.assets file in KSP_Data from 1.0 with the KSPRC one, which is from 0.90. You need to restore the original sharedassets9.assets file.

If you searched the thread, you'd see that the same issue has been posted and responded to quite a few times...

Install KSPRC then put old file back in sharedassets9.Am I understanding correct.

LOOK BACK IN THE THREAD.

Also, yea. Or just remove it from the KSPRC install files so it never installs at all.

Proot I've been making my own modifications on your part and asset textures, as well as converting a number of the remaining .png images to .dds. I've also added my spaceplane color correction parts and new textures for every planet updated and converted from edraxial's old textures. I was wondering if I could post it here? Or should I keep it personal? I'll put an album up when I'm next open.

If still relevant though, what images on screen had I not converted correctly, and what would that fix?

Don't you see that strange shadows on suits? That's because of broken/not converted normal maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you see that strange shadows on suits? That's because of broken/not converted normal maps.

I had this problem with KSPRC and IIRC it has to do with making sure you also use the correct .cfg's from KSPRC and overwrite the old ones in the Texture Replacer folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.