[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Hello everyone, and especially Proot :)

I'm really new to KSP, and I'm enjoying every second so far.

I spent a few days playing KSP and eventually decided I wanted to upgrade it, as I thought vanilla looked a bit dull ;)

I installed CKAN and used it to install Astronomer's pack.. It was all good..

But then I remembered that someone in my reddit post recommended your pack, and said it was the best out there.

After reading this thread for 1-2 days and seeing all the work being done and hours laid into this pack, I decided to give it a try.

It took some effort making it work, but then I stumbled upon this post which clarified it a bit. Now it works "kinda" flawless. And yes, I know 1.2 isn't supported "yet" :) No rush!

I just wanted to say that I find it amazing, that you and other modders put so much time and effort into a game, which is kinda hard not to love already. But it's a whole new experience, and I don't think I can ever go back to play a dull standard version of KSP :P

This pack is also my favorite so far, because it's only visual improvements, no jibba jabba and all that :)

I tip my hat to you sir :D ..

And look very much forward to upcoming releases!

P.s. Where is the donate button? :cool:

Best regards,

noZiggy

Hello everyone, and especially Proot :)

I'm really new to KSP, and I'm enjoying every second so far.

I spent a few days playing KSP and eventually decided I wanted to upgrade it, as I thought vanilla looked a bit dull ;)

I installed CKAN and used it to install Astronomer's pack.. It was all good..

But then I remembered that someone in my reddit post recommended your pack, and said it was the best out there.

After reading this thread for 1-2 days and seeing all the work being done and hours laid into this pack, I decided to give it a try.

It took some effort making it work, but then I stumbled upon this post which clarified it a bit. Now it works "kinda" flawless. And yes, I know 1.2 isn't supported "yet" :) No rush!

I just wanted to say that I find it amazing, that you and other modders put so much time and effort into a game, which is kinda hard not to love already. But it's a whole new experience, and I don't think I can ever go back to play a dull standard version of KSP :P

This pack is also my favorite so far, because it's only visual improvements, no jibba jabba and all that :)

I tip my hat to you sir :D ..

And look very much forward to upcoming releases!

P.s. Where is the donate button? :cool:

Best regards,

noZiggy

Awesome!! I'm glad to hear you're liking it :D. And to that P.S... I'd be happy to donate a few buckaroos too Proot!

Are there any rough estimates on how resource heavy the new version is going to be?

Glad you checked out this mod noZiggy, and supported Proot:) Funny coincidence I saw your post here.

Alot less memory usage, I believe Proot is fully converting to dds, and the GPU req shoundnt change too much(hes also integrating scatterer)

Speaking of dds conversions, Proot I would love to convert all your images to .dds and send them to you if that would save time. I know the tricks to optimizing them. Here's some proof that I know what to do. :P

Many thanks to all for your support!

I'm working this days in a completely new skybox.

Will be my enhanced version of the Tycho starmap. From a 24K image to a 4K HD skybox. I'm considering using it without mip mapping, to create an effect of twinkling/scintillation stars. :D

Will be my enhanced version of the Tycho starmap. From a 24K image to a 4K HD skybox. I'm considering using it without mip mapping, to create an effect of twinkling/scintillation stars. :D

You know, technically, stars only twinkle when viewed through an atmosphere. If you could figure out a way to turn it on and off depending on what atmospheric pressure the observer was in, that would be cool.

Proot keep up the good work. :)

Really looking forward for the release.

I am still playing 0.90 KSP as I can not imagine to play 1.0.2 without your mod.

So I just pray every night that your mod will be updated for 1.0.2 soon :)

Will send you some pesos too :) As you are great.

http://a1star.com/images/animated-large-star.gif

:D

new sky box! keep looking forward :wink: proot

Can we get a work in progress version of the stuff that is working already? The game is just too plain without this beautification.

Can we get a work in progress version of the stuff that is working already? The game is just too plain without this beautification.

Sadly not yet. The new version of EVE is yet in development, Scatterer too. And I'm still porting the RSS configs to Kopernicus... So Kerbin looks well, but this have a lot of bugs yet, and the rest of the bodies are in a mid term of development...

But we are making progress: http://imgur.com/a/niokn ;)

Sadly not yet. The new version of EVE is yet in development, Scatterer too. And I'm still porting the RSS configs to Kopernicus... So Kerbin looks well, but this have a lot of bugs yet, and the rest of the bodies are in a mid term of development...

Proot, I apologize, but my initial verbal reaction to the pictures of your current work are not appropriate for the public. But, amazing work!

Can't wait, looks beautiful :D

Imagine what KSP will look like in the future!

If it was not for your work, KSP would be the ugliest game launch of the last couple years.

I hope you finish your work soon because I can't just play vanilla like it is.

It is possible to play with KSPRC in 1.0.2 if you know a bit about how the different mods work. I made it work by replacing some dll's, cfg's and some textures :)

It is possible to play with KSPRC in 1.0.2 if you know a bit about how the different mods work. I made it work by replacing some dll's, cfg's and some textures :)

wait to the update

Wow!!

Yes. I would delete the RealSolarSystem, kittopia space, planetshine, distant object, and KSP_Data folders and make sure that you install latest 1.0.2 dependencies CLEANLY over the top to make sure there aren't conflicts. For me...I just choose mostly the texture files and EVE .cfg's

Oh man that is epic.

I just loaded up a non visual enhanced game and my eyes started bleeding. I now hate you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.