[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I... this... uhm... whoa. Proot, there's no words to express what I feel when seeing the work of you and the other beautification guys. Cannot wait until this is all released and working properly, so we can bask in the beauty of the Kerbol system.

You guys rock!

Are you getting these sunset colour with scatterer or have you managed to figure out the EVE atmo shader? eitherway, great work! Oh BTW, regarding your post over on eve thread about the terrain, I get nothing with the terrain variables :( guess it's a linux thing maybe?

Are you getting these sunset colour with scatterer or have you managed to figure out the EVE atmo shader? eitherway, great work! Oh BTW, regarding your post over on eve thread about the terrain, I get nothing with the terrain variables :( guess it's a linux thing maybe?

It is my very first Kerbin's atmo with scatterer. Modified colors, a bit more dense and much higher than the default one. I set alpha to 50% approx in map view to get that effect, and 95-100% of alpha from ground for the best effect. Still need improvements.

I had a close to perfection set of atmos for WIP-EVE, but the system changed a few updates ago, and now I'm simply incapable to get anything usable with the new system. I'm afraid it's mathematically too advanced for me, but I'm still trying to get a decent results.

About terrain, from what I remember... has one specific setting which is a bit tricky, I'll send you a PM about the thing ASAP.

Thanks all, Blackrack can't advance with scatterer until weekend/next week. Rbray89 seems to be helping with scatterer too and, to not burn himself, he is releasing updates of Wip-EVE less often.

If not was for the lack of some old base plugins, there would done an update of the actual version. But RSS and some other are not availables for 1.X... so we must wait.

The good news are that Kopernicus seems to become in a great, great RSS's succesor, wip-EVE is much powerful than before (I'm replacing the look of a lot of terrains), and scatterer it's gonna include a shader for the oceans, wich made planets much, much more realistic.

The future of KSP seems bright and looks very, very nice.

BTW: I'm pretty intrigued about this... I'm the only one who see launchpad's light always on, since a pair of versions? :confused:

They're listed in the OP.

Those are the mods included in KSPRC.2 for KSP.9

I'd like to know the new list for KSP1.0

Wip-Eve, scatterer, kopernicus, texture replacer, doe and planet shine as main plugins. I'm considerig include engine light.

Thank you very much Mr. Proot. Don't rush it and have fun making it, I'm sure we all be having fun using it ;)

I'm very interested in EVE, Scatterer and Planet Shine. I like Engine Light, but I think the effect in the ship is too much for bigger engines.

Edited by luxyuz

You sir are the reason I am saving up money to upgrade my PC. This is just fantastic!

Either you run a toaster or you're deluded thinking this mod needs a new pc.

Truth is, the game needs to be optimized. Lets hope Unity 5 does the magic we need.

Meanwhile the fantastic work of Proot and all the other moders in the community will do the job for the devs and keep the game pretty. I can't play vanilla ever again.

Either you run a toaster or you're deluded thinking this mod needs a new pc.

Truth is, the game needs to be optimized. Lets hope Unity 5 does the magic we need.

Meanwhile the fantastic work of Proot and all the other moders in the community will do the job for the devs and keep the game pretty. I can't play vanilla ever again.

hahaha no not a toaster... not quite sure why you're calling me deluded...

yes the game needs to be optimized, and the fact that it isn't means that packs like this will inevitably have a larger hit on performance for computers without great specs (mine aren't terrible, but they aren't great for ksp, running a lowish clock quadcore processor) and considering 64 bit is not a thing and will not be until after 1.1 outside of Linux it is rather easy to run out of memory. In fact if I try to run KSP with EVE (not the low res one, that works fine) then the game crashes while loading, considering this makes use of EVE and more I somehow think my computer would struggle a bit yes, I'll just have to do what I'm doing at the moment and pick and choose enough of bits from the pack that make the game look beautiful without taking so much that I end up with crashes or low framerates, until I upgrade my PC and can enjoy the full awesomeness of this beautiful pack

Edited by Squiggsy

Oh how the RAM will scream, lol.

Hopefully not too much screaming. I have KSPRC .2, with Engine lighting, Scatterer, RSS 1.0PRE, and 120 other mods and it still all comes in at 1945mb at KSP menu while using openGL.

Also, scatterer works in openGL, it just has some small graphical issues that can be fixed with scene changes and/or by disabling anisotropic filtering.

It is my very first Kerbin's atmo with scatterer. Modified colors, a bit more dense and much higher than the default one. I set alpha to 50% approx in map view to get that effect, and 95-100% of alpha from ground for the best effect. Still need improvements.

I had a close to perfection set of atmos for WIP-EVE, but the system changed a few updates ago, and now I'm simply incapable to get anything usable with the new system. I'm afraid it's mathematically too advanced for me, but I'm still trying to get a decent results.

About terrain, from what I remember... has one specific setting which is a bit tricky, I'll send you a PM about the thing ASAP.

Awesome thanks, yeah I too have been having some trouble getting my head around all the new variables, and the broken gui, pluys many variables don't work, as for terrain :( apparently rbray was helping blackrack for a while so maybe he could use some of the work from scatterer in EVE?

hahaha no not a toaster... not quite sure why you're calling me deluded...

yes the game needs to be optimized, and the fact that it isn't means that packs like this will inevitably have a larger hit on performance for computers without great specs (mine aren't terrible, but they aren't great for ksp, running a lowish clock quadcore processor) and considering 64 bit is not a thing and will not be until after 1.1 outside of Linux it is rather easy to run out of memory. In fact if I try to run KSP with EVE (not the low res one, that works fine) then the game crashes while loading, considering this makes use of EVE and more I somehow think my computer would struggle a bit yes, I'll just have to do what I'm doing at the moment and pick and choose enough of bits from the pack that make the game look beautiful without taking so much that I end up with crashes or low framerates, until I upgrade my PC and can enjoy the full awesomeness of this beautiful pack

Well, usually the reason for performance problems in KSP isn't the GPU, it's the CPU due to single-threaded physics calculations. All those pretty shaders and visual effects should not make your GPU scream at all.

RAM usage is a different beast, as of course all those fancy textures will take their toll, however a better computer won't help you there as long as you're limited to 32 bit on Windows. It may rather be worth it to install Linux alongside your main OS and then play the 64 bit version of KSP without ever having to worry again about running out of RAM...

Ladies and gents... Get Linux. Just do it. My game idles at 6gb of ram usage. 32,000 MM pathches. And it does not, no matter how hard I try crash. The game has never hard crashed on me. It's incredible. I cannot wait for this Proot don't be scared to release a high quality version with higher res textures or something if you like in the future. Because Linux and my 16gb of ram will eat it up.

Just get it. Took me one good day to get Ubuntu up and running on a dual boot. Should've done it years ago.

Do it. Everyone. So Proot doesn't have to hear every other person complain there game is crashing with KSPRC installed.

The actual memory footprint (for the incoming release), despite to do more things, is lower than in previous versions. TR can done all using DDS, Rbray has included DDS for Wip-EVE...

Right now KSPRC is bigger than ever, but lighter than ever too. Personally, I'm not using ATM anymore, just TR texture handling. Right now, stock+KSPRC are around 1,6/2 GB of ram, depending on the scene.

The latest versions of the game had a memory leak in scene's changes that, rumored, will be fixed in 1.0.3. That is causing most of the latest crashes ingame.

Anyways, play KSP on linux is (if you have a well installed machine) a much more stable experience.

Ladies and gents... Get Linux. Just do it. My game idles at 6gb of ram usage. 32,000 MM pathches. And it does not, no matter how hard I try crash. The game has never hard crashed on me. It's incredible. I cannot wait for this Proot don't be scared to release a high quality version with higher res textures or something if you like in the future. Because Linux and my 16gb of ram will eat it up.

Just get it. Took me one good day to get Ubuntu up and running on a dual boot. Should've done it years ago.

Do it. Everyone. So Proot doesn't have to hear every other person complain there game is crashing with KSPRC installed.

You can also do the same thing by hacking a windows install with files from unity 4.6.4 making your 32 bit install run in 64bit mode :) I'm sitting around 7gb physical and another 7 virtual memory. Running EVE, AVP and scatterer (untill proot is done anyway) really looking forward to using Renaissance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.