[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I installed parts of this mod that should be compatible with 1.0.2, but now when I click on tracking station the map dosent load, game is not really frozen as it responds more or less where my cursor is (tooltips and such). Is the first map run supposed to take some time with ATM? Or is it something really really wrong. Everything worked before I started toying with KSPRC.

Sounds lke a glitch. I don't use ATM currently but it should only lag on load. Not afterwards. Not sure what the problem is, sorry.

Proot I want to ask you a thing. I really appreciate your work but do you really have to wait for scaterrer and new EVE mods to be finished? Cause once you said you will release the new version when those mods will be finished or bug free. But what will you do if those guys will burn out and leave KSP mod scene for a few months maybe forever? I think Rbay had this already. I must say I had a few ttimes burn out from KSP mod scene too ( shuttle mod and unity import ). So in that case we will never see this great new version of KSPRC ? Or how will you manage it in this case?

Proot I want to ask you a thing. I really appreciate your work but do you really have to wait for scaterrer and new EVE mods to be finished? Cause once you said you will release the new version when those mods will be finished or bug free. But what will you do if those guys will burn out and leave KSP mod scene for a few months maybe forever? I think Rbay had this already. I must say I had a few ttimes burn out from KSP mod scene too ( shuttle mod and unity import ). So in that case we will never see this great new version of KSPRC ? Or how will you manage it in this case?

I can always forget Scatterer and roll back to EVE 7-4 while it work good. But that is my last bullet (meaning lose most of the newest and better features).

We don't must confound between mods and plugins. There is a lot of mods (smaller or bigger changes for the game), but not so much plugins (code which introduces the changes ingame).

But the most important are the plugins. You can't get a Lamborgini if you don't develop the car in first place.

I'm not a programer, I'm an artist. So these are my tunned configs and my artworks, but all this doesn't work using plugins made by me.

I can't change a lot of game aspects (like light) without RSS/Korpernicus. I can't change textures without Texture Replacer. I can't change the environments without EVE. I can't do realistic atmos without Scatterer. And so on...

Everything works because someone before created a plugin which makes the changes possible. It was or was not done (the plugin) with the purpose with which I use it.

So, we can picture a scenario without the new EVE or Scatterer? Sure. But that will be probably a scenario without KSPRC too, because the 75% of my work in the late moths will be in vain. That's my "risk", but my "advantaje" too, taking on count that I bring all this using tools developed by the sheer ingenuity and talent of other people, opened to all of us by his absolute and incredible generosity.

That is why I always try to push so much in the support of the our favorite mods. But I should say our favorite plugins. Because the plugins are "the real deal".

And when I say "support" I say give more than a "this have a bug here" or a "thanks for the update".

"Support" means donate (if you can, as you can), constructive criticism, feedback with the creators, to be polite and realistic, not treat the mod like a product and to the modder like a free-cost worker... If you've made mods I'm pretty sure that you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Participating in wip-EVE and Scatterer threads (and right here, sometimes) I've found how People can't even imagine how much time and effort can take some projects.

Sometimes I imagine the intelectual loneliness of Rbray89 lately in the forums (specialy since 1.X): a guy who can develop the maths for his own ingame shaders, and then he just gets tons of complains and zero or very little help for anything.

Blackrack with scatterer is a similar situation, Shaw with Texture Replacer...

It's easy to see how, in that ways, this starts as a hobby and ends with a feeling of "work". An we all have real lifes, we do this for fun.

We need (I include myself) learn to make all this more fun (and it was -very much- some times in the past), not just a pile of bug reports and a calendar of releases.

Anyway, I do not think Rbray89 leave the mod. Even Alexustas is back after a long season. KSP is a hard drug, lol.

Edited by Proot

Plugin creators give you the canvas and oils, you create the art. Take you time, man... it's ready when its ready. It's not like the current release of KSPRC doesn't work on 1.0.2 anyway with a little fiddling.

Proot I would quote your message if I wasn't mobile. I agree, and feel you 100% of the way. I started the mod "WindowShine" based on the fact that I can edit textures, and not that I can code/mod. WindowShine runs completely dependent on TextureReplacer's reflection plugins. All I did was edit the parts config and texture files. The coding behind it is credited entirely to Shaw. And same with my cloud pack! I based it off of old-EVE and Better Atmospheres. I also feel that the hot-topic modders get a lot of complaints if their work is still in WIP state. Before my "mod" threads sank, I got around a 1-3 ratio of complements to complaints. Though I'm no where near all of you guys (and for the most part don't wish to be), I still have experienced a fraction of the conversations and arguments fought in my threads. It's truly astonishing how few people actually read the FAQ/known issues before posting... I'm guessing that's why the old-EVE thread has known issues and FAQ as the first thing on the page. Smart to have done that.

Well, it's 5:47AM and I just got back from our post-graduation party. I'm going to catch some sleep. See you all later. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Plugin creators give you the canvas and oils, you create the art. Take you time, man... it's ready when its ready. It's not like the current release of KSPRC doesn't work on 1.0.2 anyway with a little fiddling.

This right here :D As someone who know his way around Code, (and a little modeling) but is a horrible texture artist, this is so true.

I have the highest respect(and envy :P) for folks who can put together such awesome art.

I can always forget Scatterer and roll back to EVE 7-4 while it work good. But that is my last bullet (meaning lose most of the newest and better features).

We don't must confound between mods and plugins. There is a lot of mods (smaller or bigger changes for the game), but not so much plugins (code which introduces the changes ingame).

But the most important are the plugins. You can't get a Lamborgini if you don't develop the car in first place.

I'm not a programer, I'm an artist. So these are my tunned configs and my artworks, but all this doesn't work using plugins made by me.

I can't change a lot of game aspects (like light) without RSS/Korpernicus. I can't change textures without Texture Replacer. I can't change the environments without EVE. I can't do realistic atmos without Scatterer. And so on...

Everything works because someone before created a plugin which makes the changes possible. It was or was not done (the plugin) with the purpose with which I use it.

So, we can picture a scenario without the new EVE or Scatterer? Sure. But that will be probably a scenario without KSPRC too, because the 75% of my work in the late moths will be in vain. That's my "risk", but my "advantaje" too, taking on count that I bring all this using tools developed by the sheer ingenuity and talent of other people, opened to all of us by his absolute and incredible generosity.

That is why I always try to push so much in the support of the our favorite mods. But I should say our favorite plugins. Because the plugins are "the real deal".

And when I say "support" I say give more than a "this have a bug here" or a "thanks for the update".

"Support" means donate (if you can, as you can), constructive criticism, feedback with the creators, to be polite and realistic, not treat the mod like a product and to the modder like a free-cost worker... If you've made mods I'm pretty sure that you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Participating in wip-EVE and Scatterer threads (and right here, sometimes) I've found how People can't even imagine how much time and effort can take some projects.

Sometimes I imagine the intelectual loneliness of Rbray89 lately in the forums (specialy since 1.X): a guy who can develop the maths for his own ingame shaders, and then he just gets tons of complains and zero or very little help for anything.

It's easy to see how, in that ways, this starts as a hobby and ends with a feeling of "work". An we all have real lifes, we do this for fun.

We need (I include myself) learn to make all this more fun (and it was -very much- some times in the past), not just a pile of bug reports and a calendar of releases.

Anyway, I do not think Rbray89 leave the mod. Even Alexustas is back after a long season. KSP is a hard drug, lol.

OK thank you Proot. That is enough for me as great explanation and great dedication for your mod :)

Keep up the hard and great work :)

I could be way wrong on this as I don't monitor the forums very much, so feel free to correct me, it seems to me that those of us who do appreciate the insane amount of time and effort that go into these mods/plugins aren't as vocal as those who just constantly complain. I've said it before and I'll say it again, lova ya Proot and your work. Take all the time you need and give yourself a break too if you need one.

I could be way wrong on this as I don't monitor the forums very much, so feel free to correct me, it seems to me that those of us who do appreciate the insane amount of time and effort that go into these mods/plugins aren't as vocal as those who just constantly complain. I've said it before and I'll say it again, lova ya Proot and your work. Take all the time you need and give yourself a break too if you need one.

Thanks! And you are completely right... but is also normal until certain point, if we stop to think about: usually if you appreciate the mod you are enjoying it (quiet)... but if you have a problem with it then you come here and ask about it and so on...

That is fully normal and understandable. But that is also why sincere and nice feedback is so necessary with the mods and plugins creators: to not see just the "bad face" of the things that you offer selflessly.

As a personal example: what I enjoy over all is to see captures or videos of the game where the people is using my mod. That's why I enjoy so much the captures in the thread: makes me feel that people is enjoying what I've done, and that makes it worth.

Those small "salty" details should become more usual (everywhere in the forums) more than a marginal part of the communication. That would be, for sure, a huge improvement of the quality and fun of our time inside and outside (but related to) the game.

Wondering if anyone can help me. This isn't a bug report and it doesn't directly relate to KSPRC, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use KittopiaTech to put rings around Laythe.

What I've done so far is duplicate the Jool ring texture and rename it laythe_ring.png. I then duplicated Jool.cfg, renamed it Laythe.cfg, and changed the values to this:

PlanetLaythe
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = True
AddAtmoFx = False
AtmoWaveColour =
AddOceanFx = False
AddRings = True
Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = -8
OuterRadius = 18700
InnerRadius = 19200
Colour = RGBA(1, 1, 1, 0.999)
}
Ring
{
Tilt = -8
OuterRadius = 16500
InnerRadius = 18500
}
Ring
{
Tilt = -8
OuterRadius = 14100
InnerRadius = 16400
}
}
}

}

I would have asked about this on the KittopiaTech thread, but it's discontinued.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be working now. :)

Edited by Mitchz95

ok follows the response in English:

Hello friend, I love your mod and I wonder if it will be released for version 1.0.2. I'm not playing as kps explore planets without escriveis effects that your mod provides, it is very annoying and unconcerned actually today strange that the team kps not have thought of graphics options despis kind of so many versions ??? I have tried to install your mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2, the this verçãod and kps have been very crachs unlike 0.90 I had unbelievable worthy results rrssr movies, and I believe that no carriage problems with memories because I have 16g and use no more than 3 gigabytes, though kps 1.0.2 runs only on 32-bit. arrf seems that this team kps each ves more walking back ????

Edited by rbrgames
Added translation.

ok follows the response in English:

Hello friend, I love your mod and I wonder if it will be released for version 1.0.2. I'm not playing as kps explore planets without escriveis effects that your mod provides, it is very annoying and unconcerned actually today strange that the team kps not have thought of graphics options despis kind of so many versions ??? I have tried to install your mod with Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2, the this verçãod and kps have been very crachs unlike 0.90 I had unbelievable worthy results rrssr movies, and I believe that no carriage problems with memories because I have 16g and use no more than 3 gigabytes, though kps 1.0.2 runs only on 32-bit. arrf seems that this team kps each ves more walking back ????

What translator is that, it's almost comical, like the countryballs comics

I would love to program mods for this game if they hadn't chosen the worst possible language for beginners. C# is not fun, Java is better and does the same ..... Like buying a modded Honda Civic for the same price as a new fancy Porsche.

So, RSS has been updated for 1.0.2. The new KSPRC is getting closer... :)

Proot is moving away from RSS now and will be using Kopernicus I believe for Rings and such. I think we're currently waiting on Scatterer and nuEVE to release for the new KSPRC version.

Proot is moving away from RSS now and will be using Kopernicus I believe for Rings and such. I think we're currently waiting on Scatterer and nuEVE to release for the new KSPRC version.

Ah yes, I got slightly confused by the fact that RSS also already switched to Kopernicus, and since they seem to have an 1.0.2 version ready, Kopernicus should be more or less ready as well :)

EDIT: And there it is, the Kopernicus thread has been updated!

Edited by Sput42

I don't see how choosing Unity would make game possible to run on crappy machine. Why a custom game engine wouldn't allow this?

It's not difficult to make a game engine run well on Windows, Linux and OS X assuming you plan that when you start writing it. You have OpenGL on all platforms, OpenAL for sound, SDL for window creation & input. I/O and networking API are almost the same across these platforms (POSIX), timer and multithreading can be made through SDL (but not especially effective/accurate) and even if you implement them natively, it's not a big deal, especially since Linux and OS X both share POSIX API.

Other engines also mostly work on all platforms and probably provide even better performance per CPU/GPU power. The advantage of Unity is that is has very low learning curve, it's simple to start with it, you already have a lot of building blocks you need to create a new game. It a great engine for beginners, but if you want to create a huge beast and squeeze all juice from your machine, it's a bad choice. Just look at KSP, how many limits it puts on the game. With a custom engine Squad could integrate a better physics engine, like Bullet, use all CPU cores for physics calculations, possibly use double precision to resolve all sorts of physics glitches, fix 64bit Windows port, make graphics run much faster etc. However, they'd need much more manpower, cost of development would be significantly higher and initial development, before they publicly released KSP would probably take a few years longer which means ... KSP likely wouldn't exist right now.

I agree.

Pretty busy IRL right now.

http://i.imgur.com/3mLp1Ca.jpg

A small sneak about terrains:

With the new EVE the 8K texture limit seems not important anymore...

Approximation to Bop... (full screen to see what I'm talking about)

http://imgur.com/a/bWoT2

Amazing work as always Sr.Proot

Wait a minute... does that mean people can make 16K cloud textures?!? :confused:

As good that sounds I just hope you remember people that does not own that much Ram or even have Linux would like to have clouds without game crash :(

Proot if i may. These comments were never addressed.

Can't use that sharredassest
The UnityAssetExplorer v1.4 can change it, I can post it here if that's alright with you proot.

For the sunflare to work.

Now I could've sworn that RealSolarSysyem pluggin provided got rid of the white horizon. Is there anything that can be done to remedy that? I feel like a fool for asking. So many times in the past I've answered the same question with "you have to use Proot's rss plugin" well...

Thoughts? Again KSPRC .90 works great for me, but id personally love the sunflare you had. But even more so id like to rid myself of the blinding horizon. Other then that Proot I hope all is well and Im so eager to see the new KSPRC when its ready.

I posted this on another thread but I believe the process should be the same.

To get the lens flares working in 1.0.2 you will need to extract the sun_flare.tex files there old asset file and place it in the new 1.0.2 asset file in the KSP_Data folder using Unity asset explorer.

Back up your asset file first!

Unity Asset Explorer http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/27/?

Using Unity asset explorer 1.3 or newer

First open "sharedassets10.assets" from the mod asset file. Right click "sun_flare.tex"

click "extract" this is the file you will need.

Rename Folder created by unity asset explorer from "sharedassets10" to "sharedassets9"

(folder will be automatically created in the same directory as the Unity asset explorer .exe)

Now back up and open "sharedassets9.assets" from your ksp_data Directory. Right click "Sun_flare.tex" and click 'Import"

(It will Import from the folder you already created and renamed)

Save the changes and, boom the asset9 file in your ksp_data folder has now been modified with the new lens flare.

Anybody else having trouble getting clouds to appear? I've been fiddling with EVE and KSPRC...other effects appear, but not a cloud in sight on any planet. Do I need to convert the textures to DDS or somesuch to get them to work, or what?

Anybody else having trouble getting clouds to appear? I've been fiddling with EVE and KSPRC...other effects appear, but not a cloud in sight on any planet. Do I need to convert the textures to DDS or somesuch to get them to work, or what?
png works fine for me, using latest eve release (not the dev one).did you copy paste the entire folder as it was? if yes then you should put in the latest eve release but keep proots clouds and any config (that's how I got it working I think,its a no brainer, maybe something else is wrong) playing in ksp 1.02

png works fine for me, using latest eve release (not the dev one).did you copy paste the entire folder as it was? if yes then you should put in the latest eve release but keep proots clouds and any config (that's how I got it working I think,its a no brainer, maybe something else is wrong) playing in ksp 1.02

I just tried using the EVE overhaul instead of 7.4...no joy. No clouds for vanilla or OPM planets.

I just tried using the EVE overhaul instead of 7.4...no joy. No clouds for vanilla or OPM planets.

Hey :)

- Download KSPRC, extract the archive on C: and delete folders RealSolarSystem, DDSLoader and KSP_Data.

- Download PlanetShine, DistantObject et TextureReplacer in their last version.

- Copy/Past plugin (file .dll) in the KSPCR folder KSPRC. Just the plugins!

- Finally, copy KSPRC in your KSP folder/Gamedata

- Enjoy!

Do not forget this config file for OPM ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.