[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I'm a 100% Windows user for the last 18 years. However, for the sake of sacrificing 25GB of my main HDD, I set up a split partition (without reformatting / reinstalling) and installed / bodged Linux onto it purely so I could run KSP in 64 bit with no worries about memory limitation or chopping mods for the sake of RAM.

Anyone who complains about memory being an issue that has the slightest knowledge of installing stuff should be banned from owning KSP.

My gaming laptop runs Mint/Cinnamon, my gaming desktop is 8.1 Pro... I roll KSP x64 on both (albeit more stably on Linux!)

I'm a big fan of your overhaul and I think that a main pack with compressed or low/mid-res textures would be great for most folks to stay within the x86 memory limit. However, I think a lot of us would love you (even more) forever with an optional download pack for hi-res textures when you reveal the next KSPRC iteration, for those of us not worried with memory constraints :).

Looking forward to what you have in store!

Let's establish a few "minimums" with this topic...

I'm a complete supporter of free software, but I must think in all players. Independently, 8K textures "for all" are not needed "at all", and less now.

I'll try to explain it with my crappy english:

1) None of the seen captures has a 8K texture, except for Kerbin. All the rest are your assumptions. This lead us to the next.

2) Independently of the memory wasting. Not every planet or moon need, or looks well, with 8k textures. Hard and long to explain. A simply summary: a 8k Bop doesn't looks natural with a 8K Kerbin. And not worth it at all in memory/performance terms. My goal is to double the stock resolutions where it's needed, not much more. Because...

3) Thanks to Rbray89, Wip-EVE includes now (not now precisely, is paused by the development, but I assume that this feature will come back) a "detail" tool for the planetary scales. That means I can add a new level of detail when the stock texture starts to be blurred. So, thanks to the geniality and wizardry of Rbray89, 8K textures will be not necessary nevermore, to achieve pretty good levels of detail.

2) Independently of the memory wasting. Not every planet or moon need, or looks well, with 8k textures. Hard and long to explain. A simply summary: a 8k Bop doesn't looks natural with a 8K Kerbin. And not worth it at all in memory/performance terms. My goal is to double the stock resolutions where it's needed, not much more. Because...

Yeah I've found that the only planet that really needs an 8K texture is Kerbin because it has the most variation in colors. Planets with liquid oceans could also possibly use an 8K textures but it isn't strictly needed :P.

3) Thanks to Rbray89, Wip-EVE includes now (not now precisely, is paused by the development, but I assume that this feature will come back) a "detail" tool for the planetary scales. That means I can add a new level of detail when the stock texture starts to be blurred. So, thanks to the geniality and wizardry of Rbray89, 8K textures will be not necessary nevermore, to achieve pretty good levels of detail.

:confused: I was noticing a folder labeled this when going through the new EVE files but I didn't know exactly how it worked. Best of luck with that!

Except for some parts and the cloud particles... I'm redoing all, and adding a lot of new things.

Proot, my friend. Your work is greatly appreciated. You've made KSP a pretty game, you made screen shots from orbit something to actually view without antacids.

However, without your work KSP is a bland game, an ugly game.

So...

:wink: Get back to work. :wink:

Except for some parts and the cloud particles... I'm redoing all, and adding a lot of new things.

Awesome.

Looking forward to see how they turn out, especially Eve (cause the old one was pretty much perfect IMO). Drop a pic if you feel like it! :)

Edited by potetr

Everything up to date?

All is working in 1.02 for me, aside from some weird lighting on the dark side of Kerbin Occasionally.

Try this:

KSP in Open Gl

Update KSPRC

then update all individual parts, so:

Texture Replacer

EVE

Distant Object

Planet Shine

Then run Active Texture Mgt.

I had the same issue, and the above solved my problem in 1.02.

Also, Proot Blackrack rbray etc you are doing an awesome job. I am amazed at the KSP modding community. :)

Is anyone having a bug where u cant enter the vab or sph. I love this mod and its a shame that i xant use it. :(

Have you updated the individual mods in the pack? I think it is possible to make it it work in 1.0 but not if you just install it as usual.

Edit: what westy said. It didnt show up before I posted.

Also, I think the sun lens flare dosent work properly.

Edited by potetr

Have you updated the individual mods in the pack? I think it is possible to make it it work in 1.0 but not if you just install it as usual.

Edit: what westy said. It didnt show up before I posted.

Also, I think the sun lens flare dosent work properly.

Yes, lens flare is broken if you use the old pack with updated mods. Don't replace anything within the KSP_Data folder to avoid problems with it.

Yes, lens flare is broken if you use the old pack with updated mods. Don't replace anything within the KSP_Data folder to avoid problems with it.

I have a walkthrough to replace the lens flare in an asset file.

To get the lens flares working in 1.0.x you will need to extract the sun_flare.tex file from its old .25 asset file and place it in the new 1.0.x asset file in the KSP_Data folder using Unity asset explorer.

Back up your original asset file first!

Unity Asset Explorer http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/27/?

Using Unity asset explorer 1.3 or newer

First open "sharedassets10.assets" from the old Lens flare. Right click "sun_flare.tex"

click "extract" this is the file you will need.

Rename Folder created by unity asset explorer from "sharedassets10" to "sharedassets9"

(folder will be automatically created in the same directory as the asset explorer .exe file)

Now back up and open "sharedassets9.assets" from your ksp_data Directory. In Asset Explorer Right click "Sun_flare.tex" and click 'Import"

(It will Import from the folder you already created and renamed)

Save the changes and, boom the asset9 file in your ksp_data folder has now been modified with the new lens flare.

apologies Proot for hijacking this thread again but have you or anyone else stumbled across a way to remove the white glare that covers up the surface of the sun? It prevents you from seeing any surface features like sunspots unless they are on the edge of the disk. I saw in KittopiaSpace folder from KittopiaTech a glow.png texture that I modified to be fully transparent but that didn't have any effect

fBG5rdKm.png fJGc0mcm.png

apologies Proot for hijacking this thread again but have you or anyone else stumbled across a way to remove the white glare that covers up the surface of the sun? It prevents you from seeing any surface features like sunspots unless they are on the edge of the disk. I saw in KittopiaSpace folder from KittopiaTech a glow.png texture that I modified to be fully transparent but that didn't have any effect

http://i.imgur.com/fBG5rdKm.png http://i.imgur.com/fJGc0mcm.png

That "glow" is the stock effect of the sunglare over the sun. The Kittopia tech texture was used for the solar "flames". I can't tell you much more about that right now, sorry.

Some new pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.