[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

To those using 64-bit, are you on Linux? If so, then it is stable. But the windows 64-bit is indeed buggy last I heard, you must have just been lucky for not running into any of the many problems.

I run x64 win 7. And it's stable for me. Now if I open 250-300 part ship, then bounce in and out of the VAB. It will crash eventually but so does 32bit. Honestly it's just as stable but with the ability to run as many mods as you can throw at it.

I run x64 win 7. And it's stable for me. Now if I open 250-300 part ship, then bounce in and out of the VAB. It will crash eventually but so does 32bit. Honestly it's just as stable but with the ability to run as many mods as you can throw at it.

Interesting...

Does anyone here know where I can find the default kerbal head texture? Or more specifically Mortimer Kerman's head texture?

They are hidden in I think sharedassets0, you can use Unity Asset Explorer to extract it.

Interesting...

They are hidden in I think sharedassets0, you can use Unity Asset Explorer to extract it.

I've been searching through all the asset libraries with that exact tool! I was curious as to which one it was most likely in. Sweet!

EDIT: Yep it's in there.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Because it's a mess and extremely buggy.

I'm probably like a lot of you guys on here...obsessed with anything relating to space and obsessed with this game. When I discovered KSP, I felt that if someone were to create a custom game tailored specifically to everything that appeals to me, KSP would be it. Which is why I find the 4GB limitation in the 32-bit version a severe limitation and running it on a PC with 16GB of ram just begging to be utilized just adds salt to the wound. I love this game so much in fact, that I decided to set up Ubuntu 64-bit and create a dual-boot machine, just to play KSP. Obviously I think KSP is a fantastic game, but I also feel that without all you modders out there, I would have gotten bored of the stock game by now and it would be collecting digital dust. KSP is the foundation for all the excellent mods out there to expand the game in ways you never imagined and create new worlds and solar systems just by adding a few files. Cherry-picking my "must-have-cannot-live-without" apps, then tweaking the heck out of the game by adding Active Texture Management, and then experimenting with forcing opengl and dx11 through Steam got old fast. Despite my best efforts, I could only manage to launch and play out one mission, then when I returned to space center...bam, back to the desktop with a new crash log folder in the KSP directory.

I'm an IT professional for a living and have been working on everything relating to PCs for about 20 years now so I'm not stranger to Linux, dual-booting, and the like. I loved the way KSP ran on Ubuntu 64-bit with all settings maxed and running as many addons as I could throw at it, but I was experiencing issues unrelated to KSP which eventually led me to abandon the Ubuntu/KSP setup and just go back to Windows full time. I have a MSI laptop with a Haswell i5 and Geforce GTX 760M and it seems there are some bugs with Nvidia's proprietary linux drivers relating to switching between the GeForce and the on-chip Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have a dual monitor setup and no matter which driver I used (stable or experimental) and after countless hours of research and trying Ubuntu 14.04, 15.04, Mint, Debian, etc, I eventually found out that what I was experiencing is a known issue with a bug report filed and awaiting resolution. The problem is that the Nvidia settings app in Ubuntu fails to recognize both monitors as separate monitors, even though Ubuntu Control Center finds it without any problems. Since Nvidia cannot properly detect and set up my secondary display, this results in the Nvidia drivers creating one giant screen with a huge resolution of 3820x1080 combining the width from both monitors (1920x1080 and 1900x600) while keeping the largest height. So what happens is that lightdm runs the monitors properly and the nvidia drivers do not, so I start to get tons of screen tearing and artifacts all over the screen when moving windows, watching videos, etc.

After going back to Windows, I finally decided to give the 64-bit workaround and the unfix a try and I'm still experimenting with it but so far two weeks in, I'm extremely pleased with the results. Sure, there are a few bugs here and there that force me to restart the game, but the 32-bit version already forces me to do that constantly whether I want to or not. But being able to run all my mods with graphics maxed without having to worry about hitting that memory barrier is magnificent. I still can't wait for an official 64-bit version of KSP running the Unity 5 engine, but for now, this will do. Its either that or hanging up KSP until Squad releases an official stable 64-bit version.

The way I've been doing it is starting out with the 64-bit Windows version in a separate folder leaving my official Steam 32-bit folder untouched. Then I modded the stock version with the Unity 4.6.4 exe and dll and then started introducing one or two mods at a time slowly, testing it out, and if all went smoothly, add some more. So far I haven't ran into anything that broke the game, but I'm about to introduce some of the more risky mods that enhance visuals such as EVE, Scatterer, KSPRC, etc.

I don't expect it to work, and I will not seek support if it doesn't work like some have done without letting modders know that they are running said mod in a 64-bit version of KSP. BUT...if I do end up getting good results, then awesome! Playing around with the game's files, mods, etc is a lot like playing KSP itself. You cobble together a rocket from what parts you feel will work in your VAB, re-order your stages, set up your action buttons, and then give it a test launch. Sometimes you make the rocket top-heavy and it starts to tumble out of control when it reaches 500 m/s, sometimes you build a rocket so damn fast that it fries to a crisp before reaching space. So you revert...change some parts around, change out couplers, fairings, tweak engine thrust %, etc until you get it right...much like experimenting with the game's files itself.

Sorry for the long reply, I just don't on forums often so I guess I'm making up for lost time ;-p

P.S. I have this thread bookmarked and check on it every day anxiously awaiting the new version of KSPRC and drooling over the teaser screenshots that Proot posts once in a while. You guys are pretty darn talented and I thank you for all your hard work. Without modders, KSP just wouldn't be the same.

Edited by bigshow281
Fixed typo and added Linux issue

Yeah the state of the game's mod handling in Windows is very frustrating, but Linux is just not that great. The game was awful for me and spending more time juggling OS problems than juggling started to feel like it would become an eternal struggle. I think I might fart around with 64bit more, it can't be any more frustrating than skipping mods I want because the engine is so primitive.

Just asking if anyone might know how to work around the blue atmospheric scattering of kerbin? I'm planning to use the scatterer mod instead (since i also use Kscale2, which causes some weird transitions/edged lines with KSPRC's scattering). I know it should be doable, and probably not that hard, since EVE's original pack doesn't have the blue tinted kerbin. Thanks in advance :)

Hey, Proot, how will you update closer terrain texture? You will use EVE overhaul?

To those using 64-bit, are you on Linux? If so, then it is stable. But the windows 64-bit is indeed buggy last I heard, you must have just been lucky for not running into any of the many problems.
I have seen just one bug - I cant upgrade buildings in the career beginnings. ksp x64 is more faster and less buggy than stock, I launched 24 kt rocket in that version (well, fps less than 1) and it just crash in stock. Edited by Alexoff

I also turned to linux to solve ram problem. However, similar to yours I had too many problems to solve. At some point it made me bored of game itself. I was using 64bit workaaround before that, it was somewhat buggy but it was not like this linux mess. Even I made it work with everything, lots of mods and stuff, it becomes laggy compared to 64bit workaround. The existing KSPRC does not look as good as windows either.

Also recently I had some new game related linux problems too. I decided to try my chances with 64bit wokaround again. I went to linux for the sole reason of playing with FAR and good graphics. I do not have any idea how much ram new KSPRC will require but I am pretty sure playing on stock 32bit will be next to impossible. At this point I prefer better graphics over bad buggy game crashes.

Just asking if anyone might know how to work around the blue atmospheric scattering of kerbin? I'm planning to use the scatterer mod instead (since i also use Kscale2, which causes some weird transitions/edged lines with KSPRC's scattering). I know it should be doable, and probably not that hard, since EVE's original pack doesn't have the blue tinted kerbin. Thanks in advance :)

Using the GUI (alt+N) or an editor, delete any layer which uses the "extlayer" texture.

Hey folks, i have been having a problem with texture replacer, and have narrowed down the problem to something in proots files, if i run proots tr (updated with the latest tr), i cannot access buildings at ksc, or any menu buttons apart from resume game and settings, however if i just run the latest tr without any of proots tr files, i do not have this problem. I'ts all very weird.

Hey folks, i have been having a problem with texture replacer, and have narrowed down the problem to something in proots files, if i run proots tr (updated with the latest tr), i cannot access buildings at ksc, or any menu buttons apart from resume game and settings, however if i just run the latest tr without any of proots tr files, i do not have this problem. I'ts all very weird.

Does the camera also zoom in on the SPH when you start up a save? That's a glitch that randomly happens in stock. It's also slightly more common with Scatterer installed. Idk if that's your bug though.

Sorry, but where can i find the skybox which is included in ksprc seperately? I've took the skybox dds files out from the KSPRC_v0.2 files and converted them, but they don't match together; totally messed up, although i didn't change the names..

Sorry, but where can i find the skybox which is included in ksprc seperately? I've took the skybox dds files out from the KSPRC_v0.2 files and converted them, but they don't match together; totally messed up, although i didn't change the names..

what did you convert? with _what_ dont they match?

Does the camera also zoom in on the SPH when you start up a save? That's a glitch that randomly happens in stock. It's also slightly more common with Scatterer installed. Idk if that's your bug though.

No, it didn't. I managed to fix the problem by manually moving over the individual files, textures etc from proots TR. Just having a problem with fps issues now.

Yes. Proot is working on a new version. Don't ask when. Too hard to say. Scatterer and EVE need more refinement. And 1.1 is on the horizon. Might take until sometime after then even because of all the updates needed for 1.1.

Just gotta be patient.

The super awesome thing is that this next release isn't just an update. It's practically a full on remastered ultimatum. It. Will. Be. Beautiful... judging from all the pictures He's sent out (And the fact that it already is).

Remember how KSPRC used to push the boundaries of memory usage when KSP used .mbm and .png images? Well now it's going to push the limits again. But with compressed .dds images... Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration (I left it here because it sounds badass though). It's going to be around 1 GB of RAM on boot from what he said so... it will be big but not big.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.