[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Welcome back!

Just curious what your end goals with Kerbin are. Do you plan to make it look like Earth from space (as in same amount of clouds and similar colors), or just pretty on its own? :)

Proot, I'm amazed at what you've posted so far. This is by far going to be one of the best visual mods I will use and I cannot wait for it to be done for the world to enjoy. Please take your time on finishing it and I look forward to the day I can play with these wonderful visuals.

It's caused by the combination of EVE clouds + Scatterer. The last one lighten the surface and the terminator of the planet a bit more than in stock, but the clouds remains with a more "stockish terminator" look... so you get this "effect".

Anyways, I think that Rbray89 was planning to add in EVE a feature to tint the clouds terminators, similar to the Scatterer feature. So this will be probably "fixed" in the future.

Cool beans, thanks for the explanation. Surprised it's something so simple and straightforward.... When I see something odd going wrong in a game I always just jump to the conclusion of thinking it's something wierd, strange eldritch and borderline unknowable going on..... Something for the Wizards of the unseen university to sort out X-P

I'm just daft I think when it comes to computer software, my strengths lie more in Philosophy, and internal investigation into this wierd property that should be impossible for any intelligence mechanism no matter how complex :sticktongue:

Edited by GorillaZilla

Sorry if the question has been asked, but is the next update going to make it compatible with 1.0.4? It looks astonishing so it's a shame it doesnt work with the latest. Either way you've done stellar job with this!

Sorry if the question has been asked, but is the next update going to make it compatible with 1.0.4? It looks astonishing so it's a shame it doesnt work with the latest. Either way you've done stellar job with this!

I think it will be released as 1.1 compatible. You see it is not just an update, it is a complete rework. The old version can be made to work with 1.0.4, instructions can be found in this thread. (search).

Does anyone have a updated sun asset file? Really want to use the sun in the pack. Doesn't seem to work.

Hey dazeinbok,

I don't know if anyone has updated the asset file for this pack's sun flare. Nevertheless, here's an updated asset file for the Better Atmospheres sun flare. Enjoy! :cool:

I think it will be released as 1.1 compatible. You see it is not just an update, it is a complete rework. The old version can be made to work with 1.0.4, instructions can be found in this thread. (search).

Oh, i did not know either of those things, but i think i'll stick with astronomers interstellar pack for now and wait for the official new release. Then again, if it takes a long time until the rework is done i might check back and try whatever workaround there is to make it 1.0.4 compatible. Thanks for the answer

Found a bug, whenever I try to launch a save it goes normal but when I try to open a building the game locks up and i cant click nothing but the time acceleration and the menu button. (Quit to menu button doesn't work), Really i hope this bug is fixed in the future because I seen some videos on this mod and I want to play with this pack so badly! Best Regards - DunaLandings

Pro-tip: You can't link to search results that way (it will work for you but no one else). Just link the post you found. :)

Oops, thanks for the heads up! :)

Didn't post any links because several useful results show up when searching "1.0.4" in the thread (search function top right, below the page numbers for anyone wondering :) )

I couldn't find the instructions to install KSPRC to KSP v1.0.4 (I know someone wrote some though) so I'm going to lay them out again for convenience :) - The main reason though is that I am linking KSPRC in this thread and I want to have an explanation on how to install KSPRC listed as well.

1. Download KSPRC and old EVE, as well as the up to date version of TextureReplacer.

2. Install old EVE and TextureReplacer.

3. From the KSPRC download, place/merge the folders "KSPRC" and "BoulderCo" to your GameData folder. Don't merge any of the other folders!

4. Inside the KSPRC download and go inside the folder "TextureReplacer". There will be five folders. DO NOT merge the plugin folder. Merge the four other folders with the folders of the same name inside GameData/TextureReplacer. This will place all of KSPRC's textures into texture replacer, but not replace the v1.0.4 plugin code.

5. ???

6. PROFIT.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.