[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Would be cool to have a link to see that streaming. ;)

Please be patient, the pack has now around 470MB. Curse seem to be taking his time to validate the file and kerbal stuff is just uploading the file pretty slowly.

BTW, I play in OpenGL with more mods without memory problems.
Anyways, and IMHO, the problem with the memory (since some versions ago) seems to be a stock leak in the change of scene, which floods the memory at mid-long term (ingame).

EDIT:

I've forgot: the game loads much, much quicker now.

Edited by Proot

The scene-change is still a problem, also with the last 1.0.5. It's needed to reload the game after some scene-change (depending on the PC and the amount of mods installed) to avoid the CTD, but it's worth for mods like your, Proot.

Edited by Nansuchao

11 minutes ago, Proot said:

Would be cool to have a link to see that streaming. ;)

Please be patient, the pack has now around 470MB. Curse seem to be taking his time to validate the file and kerbal stuff is just uploading the file pretty slowly.

BTW, I play in OpenGL with more mods without memory problems.
Anyways, and IMHO, the problem with the memory (since some versions ago) seems to be a stock leak in the change of scene, which floods the memory at mid-long term (ingame).

EDIT:

I've forgot: the game loads much, much quicker now.

sure thing, im doing a KSP marathon now anyways :) - it'll be on www.twitch.tv/jays_nl streaming right now too - running the workaround fix, so memory isn't an issue.

@Rbray89 seems to have a new trick to save a lot of memory in the game loadings. He is checking my configs to see where is the problem to update to that concrete version of EVE.

As soon as this be possible I'll update the mod to use that feature. In the other side, Thomas P. have a load on demand implemented in Kopernicus, which should make the memory managing more efficient too.

1 hour ago, Proot said:

Ok, new version is uploading. I'll post the links ASAP.

Overhaul of the most important changes:

- All planets revamped (textures and normal maps) from its own heightmaps (now everything you see is down there).
    - Improved surface in Gilly, Bop, Pol. Surface re-done in Minmus.
    - Improved surface colors in most of the bodies.
    - All bodies has now personalised and completely new surfaces.
    - New sunflare and, thanks to Thomas P., new sunflare loader (no more KSP_Data messing).
    - Most of the parts (except the new ones and NASA) revamped or retouched.
    - New HD Skybox, from a high-detail real skymap.
    - Added Engine Light with adjusted configs.
    - New atmospheres with Scatterer (keeping the stock heights). A tiny blue atmo added in Eeloo (Pluto style!).
    - Added reflections to all command pods and several parts.
    - New clouds and atmo effects (particles, sandstorms, tornadoes, geysers...). And much more incoming (several new effects are not completely ready yet).
    - Trees, weed, rocks and other details revamped.
    - Procedural clouds in Jool

Known problems / to solve:

- Is recomendend to play forcing OpenGL or Dx11, to avoid memory problems.
    - Auroras are not possible at night sides (yet).
    - No procedural clouds at Jool with Dx11.
    - The sun flare under the atmosphere is not matching (yet) the real size of the sun.
    - Atmospheres are not showed in all bodies at the same time (just the atmo where the active vessel is, and maybe near bodies).
    - Atmospheres are not showed in the tracking station.
    - No clouds in the main menu.
    - Sun particles are visible under the atmosphere.

Despite that many effects and noveltys are not ready yet, I don't want to delay this by more time, so you can expect more content coming soon. Also, no time for extra content this time, it's comming again in the next version.

Congrats Proot :D I'm excited to play with it and see what it looks like!!!!

6 minutes ago, Proot said:

Omg Curse... more than 3 hours to validate a zip file... :mad: And in Kerbal Stuff is still uploading...:confused:

well - pass that link around fast and let's burn twitch down with Prootviews! :) Waiting like a madmen here in the channel with my viewers haha

@Proot

what resolutions did you include in the package? looking for the UR-version :D

edit: and which versions of Eve / Kopernicus / Scatterer?Asking to know if i can just use your config files & Textures or if i need to downgrade the other plugins.

Edited by Speadge

4 minutes ago, Proot said:

About This Project

• Created
    Nov 4, 2014
  • Last Released File
    Apr 18, 2015
  • Total Downloads
  • License
Type Name Size Uploaded Game Version Downloads

168.00 MB Apr 18, 2015 0.90 7,637

227.25 MB Feb 18, 2015 0.90 4,891

227.37 MB Nov 4, 2014 0.25

Edited by Speadge

28 minutes ago, Speadge said:

@Proot

what resolutions did you include in the package? looking for the UR-version :D

edit: and which versions of Eve / Kopernicus / Scatterer?Asking to know if i can just use your config files & Textures or if i need to downgrade the other plugins.

It's packed to un-zip and play. So if you have previous version of any of the plugins used, you should remove the old/current folders before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.