[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Yeah, chances are you don't have to edit the configs...in fact, all they do is comment out colour code for Distant Object Enhancer and the particle config for the sun with Kopernicus. Just removing PlanetShine will bring a massive boost. If you still want the effects use the "stable" branch and not the "experimental" one which is what Proot included in this pack I believe.

Edit: Spelling but should add...

Thanks Proot for a wonderful configs and textures pack but also that CGI movie. Watched that last night and really glad you posted it.

Another Edit: You will probably find that if you use "stable" Planet Shine, some colours may seem off, particularly Eve as Proot changed it's colour quite dramatically. New Planet Shine takes "snapshots" and generates the colour on the fly (every 3 frames) while the old version requires RGB codes.

Edited by Manwith Noname
So many edits because apparently my fat fingers can't hit the right keys.

@Proot I have found an inconsistency in the "pqs.cfg" file distributed in the latest release that is causing the EVE cloud layers not to show up for Gas Giants when using planet packs. More specifically, the cloud layers for Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon are not being shown for OPM-VO and I have tracked it down to the following: the PQS deactivation for Jool needs to be under an Object node rather than being headed by the Jool body.

If you could change you pqs.cfg file to the following to fix the error, it would be most appreciated as then users of my mod can also use yours in tandem and receive cloud support for the Gas Giants.

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Jool
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

Let me know if you need anything else. :D

Proot it would seem the Distant Objects Enhancement version your distributing is out of date. Vessel flares do not work. However I downloaded the latest version from GitHub and the flares work now. But the fact that I'm the only one that's noticed this urks me. Ah well all is well now. I was pulling my hair out without those flares.

14 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Proot it would seem the Distant Objects Enhancement version your distributing is out of date. Vessel flares do not work. However I downloaded the latest version from GitHub and the flares work now. But the fact that I'm the only one that's noticed this urks me. Ah well all is well now. I was pulling my hair out without those flares.

Vessel flares?

2 hours ago, maseo said:

Vessel flares?

Maybe this is why I'm the only one that noticted them missing. Yea the flares for any debris or craft in orbit. You can see them as moving stars just like in real life. It's what makes DOE one of the greatest mods for KSP. They were not working using the provided DOE ( Distant Objects Enhancement ) you get when you download KSPRC. But I downloaded DOE from github separately, dropped in Proot's setting file and now they work. So unless Proot released an update since releasing the new KSPRC the DOE version he is using is out of date. Or.. something is wrong with it.

Or it was just a freak thing and somehow I got a bad .dll.

First off, I'd like to thank you for the incredible amount of effort you've put into the mod. The Kerbol System has never looked better.

However, I'm having a big problem with the surface of Eve. At about 5000 KM above sea-level, the game grinds to a halt. I suspect the clouds are to blame to for this: whenever I look at the clouds, the frame-rate drops to unplayable levels, but, when I look at the sky, the game runs smoothly again. 

So, is there anything I can do to fix this? (Other than deleting the clouds, of course) There must be a config file somewhere that I can edit to increase performance here...

Edited by Stratzenblitz75

8 hours ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

First off, I'd like to thank you for the incredible amount of effort you've put into the mod. The Kerbol System has never looked better.

However, I'm having a big problem with the surface of Eve. At about 5000 KM above sea-level, the game grinds to a halt. I suspect the clouds are to blame to for this: whenever I look at the clouds, the frame-rate drops to unplayable levels, but, when I look at the sky, the game runs smoothly again. 

So, is there anything I can do to fix this? (Other than deleting the clouds, of course) There must be a config file somewhere that I can edit to increase performance here...

Have you tried following this post one page back? Worked for me regarding increasing performance - however I have not been to EVE yet and can therfore not confirm the cloud issue you are experiencing.

5 hours ago, KBM said:

Have you tried following this post one page back? Worked for me regarding increasing performance - however I have not been to EVE yet and can therfore not confirm the cloud issue you are experiencing.

Indeed, I have implemented that fix; it made the game run much better overall. However, it seemed to have no effect on my Eve surface FPS. Before the fix, it was unplayable. After the fix, well, its still unplayable. That is why I suspect the clouds are to blame for this. After all, I only get the massive FPS drops when I look at the clouds. The game runs smoothly when not looking at the clouds.

On 1/10/2016 at 3:22 PM, Poodmund said:

@Proot I have found an inconsistency in the "pqs.cfg" file distributed in the latest release that is causing the EVE cloud layers not to show up for Gas Giants when using planet packs. More specifically, the cloud layers for Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon are not being shown for OPM-VO and I have tracked it down to the following: the PQS deactivation for Jool needs to be under an Object node rather than being headed by the Jool body.

If you could change you pqs.cfg file to the following to fix the error, it would be most appreciated as then users of my mod can also use yours in tandem and receive cloud support for the Gas Giants.

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Jool
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

Let me know if you need anything else. :D

7 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Pyjack, follow these instructions, it should fix the issue you're having.

@Proot Is your scaledspace texture downsized for public release because of memory limits, and is there a "developer's ultrahypermega resolution" for your own devkit?

-Just asking because I run 64bit and memory is of no concern. I lowered scaledspace to 65000m and things get somewhat fuzzy at that altitude.

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Proot Is your scaledspace texture downsized for public release because of memory limits, and is there a "developer's ultrahypermega resolution" for your own devkit?

-Just asking because I run 64bit and memory is of no concern. I lowered scaledspace to 65000m and things get somewhat fuzzy at that altitude.

Textures are generated and sized to look the better they can do it, related to the size of the bodie/object and the memory cost. That is usually the double of stock. Going to higher sizes don't add very much: will be not related to the PQS scales and color heightmaps are blurried by default, so you only get a bit of sharpness in scaled space, with an excessive cost of memory.

The problem is not the texture, are the stock changes between PQS and scaled space, and I'm working on that, to avoid the "gap" effect and set the scaled space at more "correct" heights.

I don't have the textures at higer resolutions, but I'll do it in the future, with the unity5, the official 64 bit windows version and the multithreading support. Just not for the moment.

Edited by Proot

Great job Proot!  I enjoy your art work with this great game/simulator.

I have a question if Proot and/or any other fan could probably assist with.  I am running KSP 1.00.5 (x64) but for some reason I am not able to see city lights and have the following graphic problem:

full-544-115295-screenshot17.jpgfull-544-115296-screenshot14.jpg

Edited by THX-1138

37 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

I have a question if Proot and/or any other fan could probably assist with.  I am running KSP 1.00.5 (x64) but for some reason I am not able to see city lights and have the following graphic problem:

@THX-1138 For working City Lights you can try replace whole cityLights.cfg with following code in spoiler. You can find cityLights.cfg from here -> GameDate/KSPRC/CityLights

Spoiler

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Kerbin
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/kerbinBN                
            }
            _CityOverlayDetailScale
            {
                value = 45
            }
            _CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/nd5
            }
            _CityLightOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/nd5
            }
        }
    }
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Moho
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/kerbinBN                
            }
            _CityOverlayDetailScale
            {
                value = 45
            }
            _CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/fu11
            }
            _CityLightOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = KSPRC/CityLights/Textures/fu11
            }
        }
    }
}

I have also question considering Auroras. I noticed that auroras in Kerbin doesnt show up untill KerbinScaledSpace got loaded wich is 160km altitude (stock). Is there any way to get those loaded earlier than without lowering ScaledSpace loading altitude? Or am i the only one who is missing auroras in LKO or even in surface of Kerbin? Thanks!

Edited by Murdox

Hello Murdox,

Thank you for replying.  I will try your suggestions (shaders and city lights) to see if it works.  I do get the Auroras in Kerbin but they appear to be static.

Edited by THX-1138

Well at least i got city lights work with that code i just posted. Im not so sure anymore about that second issue cause if remember correctly ocean shaders should be disabled automaticly over 70km altitude so that might be some other problem than that. i'll reply again if find out something new about that second one

On 1/3/2016 at 4:37 PM, V8jester said:

THEN CONVERT TO X64 AND STOP USING CAPS :P

X64 Workaround

Apparently most mods don't work on 64-bit, and I run a heavily modded game. Besides, it's unstable (and possibly dangerous to saves, but I wouldn't really know), and I put alot of work into the things I build and do. So I'd rather keep it as stable as possible :/

Edited by WPENG730
typo and clarification

1 hour ago, conmer16 said:

I'm having terrible graphics issues running x64 Windows workaround.

I really hate to be such a downer, and I don't mean to speak for the mod author, but it may not be wise to post bugs to the game while running the game with x64 Windows, as many mod authors do not support the x64 Windows hack. The workaround resurrects the buggy x64 build that forced Squad to pull it in the first place, and for mod authors to try to resolve issues might just end up a waste of time.

My suggestion is to try to install a Linux distro (I dual boot Windows/Linux Mint), seeing as how the x64 Linux build works out of the box. I am able to run these and many other visual mods in Linux with no problems (aside from Scatterer, which doesn't seem to like OpenGL that much).

Once again, I apologize if this post comes off as abrasive... just trying to help everyone out!

3 hours ago, WPENG730 said:

Apparently most mods don't work on 64-bit

This is simply not true. Of all my mods including KSPRC (EVE, scatterer, Texturereplacer, Planetshine, DistantObject), MKS/OKS, KIS, KAS, Space Y, Realplume, Sciencealert, Alarmclock, TacFuelBalancer, Trajectories, WaypointManager, UniversalStorage, Pilot Assistant, OPM, All of Near Future, NAVHud, MechJeb, Kerbal Engineer, Firespitter, AmbientLightAdjustment, Chatterer, ....list goes on

-There is only one mod in my list that is coded intentionally to not work on x64: Joint reinforcement. I have never, repat NEVER, had a crash on x64. And saves are still 100%

1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

-There is only one mod in my list that is coded intentionally to not work on x64: Joint reinforcement. I have never, repat NEVER, had a crash on x64. And saves are still 100%

KJR works fine for me on x64, did u use the Unfixer? i have > 45 mods, all running fine.

@WPENG730 Apparently you shouldnt judge about things you dont know about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.