[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

3 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

I really hate to be such a downer, and I don't mean to speak for the mod author, but it may not be wise to post bugs to the game while running the game with x64 Windows, as many mod authors do not support the x64 Windows hack. The workaround resurrects the buggy x64 build that forced Squad to pull it in the first place, and for mod authors to try to resolve issues might just end up a waste of time.

My suggestion is to try to install a Linux distro (I dual boot Windows/Linux Mint), seeing as how the x64 Linux build works out of the box. I am able to run these and many other visual mods in Linux with no problems (aside from Scatterer, which doesn't seem to like OpenGL that much).

Once again, I apologize if this post comes off as abrasive... just trying to help everyone out!

This is true, no need to apologize.

KSP Doesn't support 64bit windows so unless the mod clearly states that it is compatible with 64bit hack people should not post bug reports like for normal bugs.

A good way could be to ask if the modder is open to receive 64x bug reports before posting them.

Or alternatively post them inside a spoiler and put a warning saying that it's a 64bit win bug

Edited by Sigma88

@Murdox Thank you!  Your CityLights configuration worked like a charm (review attached screenshots).  Also I took a screenshot using the "MAP" option and you can see the auroras without problem in my case.

@conmer16 I had the same problem and with Murdox's guidance I reviewed the options for the Scatterer v0.021 mod and found that I had to click on "Toggle Post Processing" in order to remove this visual problem (review the attached screenshots).  I have to do this each time I start the game but no problem for me since you just need to <ALT+F10> to access the Scatterer mod options.

@SkyKaptn I agree with your KSP x64 comment.  I am running over two dozen mods without a problem that could not be easily solve.  It has been more stable than the official x32 version of KSP with mods.

full-544-115328-screenshot39.jpg

full-544-115330-screenshot25.jpg

full-544-115332-screenshot46.jpg

full-544-115333-screenshot47.jpg

Edited by THX-1138

Hi THX-1138, i can see on your last pic the clouds are not over the atmosphere in the planet horizon and you have shadows clouds. How do you make that?

With my KSPRC setup, I don't have this. (no shadows clouds and cloud over the atmosphere at the planet horizon)

(and sorry for my bad english speaking) :blush:

Edited by Dix2lespace

@Dix2lespace I wrote about it on my previous post but I will do so again:

- Press <ALT+F10> on your keyboard, this will bring up the Scatterer mod options menu

- Click on the "Toggle Post Processing" button found on the bottom right corner of the Scatterer mod options menu

You will need to do this each time you start and/or load the game.

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

FInally got this mod to work, looks absolutely stunning. One problem tho: Clouds and City Lights from EVE aren't showing up. I probably borked something, but is there any possible solution to this? I've tried reinstalling EVE and launching the game without the KSPRC modifications to EVE. Thanks!

22 hours ago, WPENG730 said:

FInally got this mod to work, looks absolutely stunning. One problem tho: Clouds and City Lights from EVE aren't showing up. I probably borked something, but is there any possible solution to this? I've tried reinstalling EVE and launching the game without the KSPRC modifications to EVE. Thanks!

Actually never mind, I deleted a million things and the clouds came back. Now my game is unstable, but at least it looks nice :)

holy crap this mod makes things look so good!

only problem is that my fps goes to crap even with small craft, are there any ways to mitigate this? I've noticed some features, like random particles floating through the air. Could I remove this to improve performance? How would I go about this?

I'm running in open GL

1 hour ago, nsgallup said:

holy crap this mod makes things look so good!

only problem is that my fps goes to crap even with small craft, are there any ways to mitigate this? I've noticed some features, like random particles floating through the air. Could I remove this to improve performance? How would I go about this?

I'm running in open GL

Have you seen this post and tried following it a few pages back?

in the texture replacer folder that comes with this mod,in the default folder there is these files

smoke.dds, smoke_Sprites_Dense.dds and smoke_Sprites_Dense_Med.dds

now i'm curious what do these files replace?what sort of smoke effect is changed?

9 hours ago, Proteus said:

in the texture replacer folder that comes with this mod,in the default folder there is these files

smoke.dds, smoke_Sprites_Dense.dds and smoke_Sprites_Dense_Med.dds

now i'm curious what do these files replace?what sort of smoke effect is changed?

That is the smoke you see around in the launchs and landings. ;)

If I may reach out for some assistance--I'm new to the KSPRC, and I love the visuals, but I've noticed that the "Environmental Visual Enhancement" folder really is brutal on my framerates (seems to knock it down by half if not more).

I've only noticed this as of 1.0.5, but again, I don't have much KSPRC experience. Way back when texture replacement started, I noticed that using that butchered my framerate, but here, it seems to be E.V.E.--I've got a pretty meaty system, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, i5 processor, etc. 

Can anyone recommend an option besides just removing the entire folder, I'd be very grateful if you could? I do like the cloud and dust effects, though I could probably live without nighttime lights (I do appreciate them too)

1 hour ago, Synthesis said:

If I may reach out for some assistance--I'm new to the KSPRC, and I love the visuals, but I've noticed that the "Environmental Visual Enhancement" folder really is brutal on my framerates (seems to knock it down by half if not more).

I've only noticed this as of 1.0.5, but again, I don't have much KSPRC experience. Way back when texture replacement started, I noticed that using that butchered my framerate, but here, it seems to be E.V.E.--I've got a pretty meaty system, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, i5 processor, etc. 

Can anyone recommend an option besides just removing the entire folder, I'd be very grateful if you could? I do like the cloud and dust effects, though I could probably live without nighttime lights (I do appreciate them too)

Try following this post a few pages back. It may severely help with your framerate issues. Though EVE is still quite heavy on itself still. 

When I did this on the Win64-version community workaround of KSP my framerate was around 18-25 on the launchpad and around 40-50 orbiting Kerbin. 

As Unity5 is coming for KSP 1.1 we hopefully experience performance optimizations due to the multithreading capabilities that also hopefully will be implemented. 

Also I really recommend using my tweaked settings file. Let me know if you need it. 

Edited by KBM
I did a copy-paste of another post I made and now I added more information.

5 hours ago, KBM said:

Try following this post a few pages back. It may severely help with your framerate issues. Though EVE is still quite heavy on itself still. 

When I did this on the Win64-version community workaround of KSP my framerate was around 18-25 on the launchpad and around 40-50 orbiting Kerbin. 

As Unity5 is coming for KSP 1.1 we hopefully experience performance optimizations due to the multithreading capabilities that also hopefully will be implemented. 

Also I really recommend using my tweaked settings file. Let me know if you need it. 

Awesome, thanks a bunch--I'm going to take a crack at Vagabond's adjustments, I'd appreciate your own game settings too if you don't mind sharing them. My own framerate caps out at 60 FPS, which is probably just the result of my sync settings for my monitor. Of course, the real issue is that on the runway or launchpad, even with a small spacecraft I'm regularly dropping to 10 to 15 FPS, or much worse with something like a B9 design. It's certainly possible I'm giving up a lot of frames for a little visual fidelity. 

18 hours ago, KBM said:

I think Vagabond's suggestions helped a little--I went from 5 to 10 FPS to 15 to 20 FPS, but anything but a very, very small vessel seems to inevitable knock it down to 15 FPS, which I'd like to improve upon. I wonder if the part reflection, while nice, is exacting too much a cost in framerate (I'd also like to use your settings if possible). Strangely, there's not really an FPS improvement between half and full res textures. 

Edited by Synthesis

1 hour ago, Synthesis said:

I think Vagabond's suggestions helped a little--I went from 5 to 10 FPS to 15 to 20 FPS, but anything but a very, very small vessel seems to inevitable knock it down to 15 FPS, which I'd like to improve upon. I wonder if the part reflection, while nice, is exacting too much a cost in framerate (I'd also like to use your settings if possible). Strangely, there's not really an FPS improvement between half and full res textures. 

Just for another input source, I get very low FPS even with a 1 part ship with the suggestions as well as my own tweaks. I think it's just due to the stress on the visual sides. You have one thing making volumetric clouds/shadows, scatterer working to render the oceans and the scattering, you have kopernicus editing body textures, and all of the other visual overhauls Proot included. I think it's just a lot of stress on some systems with everything going on and we might just have to wait for the next update which hopefully fix some of the issues. 

I have an update really close to be ready. Lighter in memory but with better look, and with much better fps performance. I've improved the clods (textures and particles) in almost all planets, some terrain textures too. The hugest clouds has been converted to the EVE cubemaps, wich looks much better than the old system. I've overhauled the terrain scatters in all bodies and I've added that scatters in some bodies where before there hadn't.
Now you can climb or hit the trees, rocks, cactus.... there are rocks and sea weed in the oceans. And well, wait to see the crags at Duna...
We just need and update in EVE to solve a gap in the clouds, and I need to solve an inconsistency in the terrain scatter collisions (I guess is my fault somewhere in my Kopernicus configs, but its hard to find it).
Then it will be released. ;)

Edited by Proot

2 minutes ago, Proot said:

I have an update really close to be ready. Lighter in memory but with better look, and with much better fps performance. I've improved the clods (textures and particles) in almost all planets, some terrain textures too. The hugest clouds has been converted to the EVE cubemaps, wich looks much better than the old system. I've overhauled the terrain scatters in all bodies and I've added that scatters in some bodies where before there hadn't.
Now you can climb or hit the trees, rocks, cactus.... there are rocks and sea weed in the oceans. And well, wait to see the crags at Duna...
We just need and update in EVE to solve a gap in the clouds, and I need to solve an inconsistency in the terrain scatter collisions (I guess is my fault somewhere in my Kopernicus configs, but its hard to find it).

Perfect! This is so sweet. Awesome work Proot. Thank you.

55 minutes ago, KBM said:

Perfect! This is so sweet. Awesome work Proot. Thank you.

Sorry to bother you again KBM, but you mind if I get your settings CFG? I figure I would give that a try.

As great as KSPRC looks, I think I might end up trying to turn off specific parts of the shaders in return for better framerate as well. 

3 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Sorry to bother you again KBM, but you mind if I get your settings CFG? I figure I would give that a try.

As great as KSPRC looks, I think I might end up trying to turn off specific parts of the shaders in return for better framerate as well. 

No worries, of course. I'm at work now and must see if the settings file I've uploaded is the correct one. 

I will get back to you in the evening.

Edited by KBM
Removed hyphen.

4 hours ago, Proot said:

How did you go about converting to cubemap? Was there a program you used or did you have to do it all manually?

49 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

How did you go about converting to cubemap? Was there a program you used or did you have to do it all manually?

I use a program called "Cubethesphere". My skybox is also generated with that program from my texture base.

You can also use http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ to convert between the two, rotate Cube Maps and all kind of things. 

Also, @Proot, can I just confirm that the pqs.cfg has been updated to the latest EVE syntax so I do not have to include an overwrite with my visual pack distribution? I did not hear back last time I asked so I am just checking. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.