[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

This is great...

Currently testing it on a win64_nondevelopment .exe

Seams to run OK. just one question.

I am getting a mod warning about TextureReplacer being outdated.

Is it best to run the included one or update it?

On 3/31/2016 at 9:18 AM, Son_of_Flynn said:

Any word on 1.1 compatibility yet?

Texture Replacer is not working in 1.1.

KSPRC should still work after shaw updates it in a few weeks. KSPRC worked for the most part in 1.0 after updating from .90.

Edited by Courn Wallace

Back in business!
Sorry for the total absence but my IRL works are usually commissioned and sometimes I have epochs like lately, where all becomes a madness!.
But seems like I'm gonna have a small break, so I'll try to port KSPRC to 1.1!

I'm trying to use my lensflare in the Scatterer lensflare system. I must check EVE yet. Waiting for 1.1 final release and Kopernicus for the rest. Texture Replacer could be available relatively soon too, so maybe we can have the visuals working under 64bit windows, finally!

My war for the collisions agaist the terrain scattering is in stand-by. At some point the collisions never worked again... and I can't find where is my error. So I'm pretty frustrated about it, because I've worked to get a really nice variety of terrains... And what the h**l!!: is awesome to climb munar rocks or avoid the rocky crags while you land in Duna!

12 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Hi, Proot! How can you create normal maps for terrain textures? With Genetica program?

Usually I create a texture and then I generate and retouch the normalmap from that texture, using plugins. I do all the process in Gimp/Photoshop.

7 hours ago, Proot said:

Usually I create a texture and then I generate and retouch the normalmap from that texture, using plugins. I do all the process in Gimp/Photoshop.

There are normal maps with alpha-channel in that programs? Can you name your plugin for Gimp?

28 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

There are normal maps with alpha-channel in that programs? Can you name your plugin for Gimp?

I don't understand your question. I use the nvidia plugin for DDS files and normal maps in photoshop. If I want a more accurate result then I use my old Ndo plugin for Photoshop (from when it was just a plugin, not a full suite like now).

I use gimp for save the final result in DDS format, since the GIMP plugin for DDS (to create the normalmaps for KSP in DTX5 NM format) outputs much better results than in photoshop.

3 hours ago, Proot said:

I use gimp for save the final result in DDS format, since the GIMP plugin for DDS (to create the normalmaps for KSP in DTX5 NM format) outputs much better results than in photoshop.

You know... I never thought about this... I might do this with SVE... Why are you so brilliant!

On 4/3/2016 at 6:14 AM, Proot said:

Back in business!
Sorry for the total absence but my IRL works are usually commissioned and sometimes I have epochs like lately, where all becomes a madness!.

I'm trying to use my lensflare in the Scatterer lensflare system. I must check EVE yet. Waiting for 1.1 final release and Kopernicus for the rest. Texture Replacer could be available relatively soon too, so maybe we can have the visuals working under 64bit windows, finally!

My war for the collisions agaist the terrain scattering is in stand-by. At some point the collisions never worked again... and I can't find where is my error. So I'm pretty frustrated about it, because I've worked to get a really nice variety of terrains... And what the h**l!!: is awesome to climb munar rocks or avoid the rocky crags while you land in Duna!

Just wondering, when do you estimate it will be out. Thanks none the less!

On 03/04/2016 at 2:14 PM, Proot said:

Back in business!

Awesome news. I took a break from KSP because my appetite for mods clearly outran the restrictions imposed by 32bits, so I decided to wait for the x64 version. Awesome to see you'll be working KSPRC into this as well :)

3 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is this mod exactly? Is it a visual mod? Does it have mod dependencies? 

Visual, and some music massive overhaul. It has mod dependencies, but all are packed with the mod.

Edited by ssd21345

In 1.0.5, it can induce some time dilation, depending on your CPU, and longer loading times. It's pretty much useless to run on 32 bit and/or a system with 4 gb of RAM or less. In my mod-heavy game KSP would take up to 6 GB after a few hours of playing.

On 4/3/2016 at 8:14 AM, Proot said:

Back in business!

Welcome back. Thoroughly enjoy your work. Just wanted to acknowledge it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.