[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

On 4/15/2016 at 5:43 AM, Proot said:

Thank you all!

All is near to be ready, I just need a Kopernicus version compatible with 1.1 to finish the next KSPRC.

Cant wait Proot. Cant wait.

10 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Awesome! What is Kopernicus actually for though in KSPRC? Isn't it for making planets or something similar?

You can also use it to make rings.

The KSPRC will probably come out when the actual 1.1 is released, b/c the Kopernicus dev stated that he will not release anything for the 1.1 prerelease.

12 hours ago, bananashavings said:

@Proot Not sure if you want to, but there's a development build of Kopernicus on GitHub. You might be able to use it for some testing of KSPRC in 1.1.

Here you go proot he's a dev build of  Kopernicus that i complied using the latest build on their git hub build Kopernicus 1.1 Build, i'm sure you will find it more useful then me

Edited by vader111

24 minutes ago, vader111 said:

Here you go proot he's a dev build of  Kopernicus that i complied using the latest build on their git hub build Kopernicus 1.1 Build, i'm sure you will find it more useful then me

Would be nice of you to honor the Kopernicus author's wish to not release it before 1.1 is finalized. Where do you think people are going to go when they have trouble with it?

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Would be nice of you to honor the Kopernicus author's wish to not release it before 1.1 is finalized. Where do you think people are going to go when they have trouble with it?

On a related note, I'm not a licensing expert, but I think the addon posting rules require anyone who distributes a plugin to also provide a link to the source code and the license. which is not available in the post you are quoting.

Also, I'm not sure but I would assume the license of kopernicus requires anyone who redistributes it to credit the author providing a link to the original work or something along the lines of that.

2 minutes ago, techstepman said:

is there any possibility to get eve and jool to look more like venus and Jupiter? has anyone tried it before with changes affecting planetshine and scatterer and stuff?

I have something similar in my "sigmamodexpansions" link, but it won't work in 1.1 untill all the required mods will be updated, and even then I will need the time to fix compatibility.

Plus I'm not sure that KSPRC is compatible with those mods, scatterer for sure isn't. but planetshine and Distant object enhancement are compatible.

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

I have something similar in my "sigmamodexpansions" link, but it won't work in 1.1 untill all the required mods will be updated, and even then I will need the time to fix compatibility.

Plus I'm not sure that KSPRC is compatible with those mods, scatterer for sure isn't. but planetshine and Distant object enhancement are compatible.

yes I am aware of your mods. I had yours in mind though we will have to wait for the 1.1 release. I hope  that a way can be found cause im kind of bored and sick of those exotic colours ksp has. Will your mods work for SVE?

1 minute ago, techstepman said:

yes I am aware of your mods. I had yours in mind though we will have to wait for the 1.1 release. I hope  that a way can be found cause im kind of bored and sick of those exotic colours ksp has. Will your mods work for SVE?

I have no way to know since my mods require kopernicus and at the moment kopernicus is not available, in principle it should work, it might need a bit of tweaking on the clouds recolor since the lilly color SVE uses for planet Eve is not what I was expecting when I wrote the recolor patch.

we were discussing just that on the Eve-Recolor thread

recolor of jool clouds should work just fine in theory :) 

Just now, Sigma88 said:

I have no way to know since my mods require kopernicus and at the moment kopernicus is not available, in principle it should work, it might need a bit of tweaking on the clouds recolor since the lilly color SVE uses for planet Eve is not what I was expecting when I wrote the recolor patch.

we were discussing just that on the Eve-Recolor thread

recolor of jool clouds should work just fine in theory :) 

all these years I've been dreaming of a KSP with great visuals. Its the only game out there that does what it does and the graphics were always an issue for me. Yeah I've been playing games since the DOS era but having invested on a monster desktop , which was an unreachable dream when I was younger , I really get jealous of the visuals I see in youtube from guys who are capable of making everything work together. I got windows so the 4gb barrier always made my life difficult as there is a plethora of part mods I want to use to make things look realistic. finally with 1.1 this will become possible. I can only say that I really appreciate the work you guys have put into these mods. Having those 2 planets look more like sol system style is the final cherry one top for me. Never the less I cant wait for 1.1 and I wanna use your entire mod pack. it surely will make the game a lot more interesting and visually pleasing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.