[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

6 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

@Proot

Hi there,

First off, this is great work.

Second, I already have scatterer, EVE and texture replacer. If I want to install KSPRC do I need to remove them first?

Cheers,

Pete

usually u can just overwrite them with Proots mod-content.

if u have Stock Visual Enhancements (EVE config) or else, u might want to delete this folder.

4 hours ago, Proot said:

//Ghost1.png
ghost1SettingsList1
{
	Item = 0.24,0.5,1,1
}

Then change it to this:

Notice that the only value you are changing is the second one, form 0.5 to 0.166. That is the aspect ratio for the scratched texture. You will change it from 16.9 (single screen) to your config (16:9 x 3).

I think that it should do the trick, but I don't know how it gonna look after the change. :wink: Good luck!

Thank you, that did it. works fine now. Though it seems thats the texture is just stretched for the ratio, it looks way more fitting than before.

Thanks again! Great work!

Hello there.

First, thanks for the great mod. I mean.. its really fantastic. I've spent a few minutes or so trying to find my jaw. Found it on the lower floor of my apartment building - poor neighbour never expected that something would break his ceiling. Anyway...

I got an old pc - xeon x5460, 8gb ddr2, win7 x64 and a gf 650 gt 1gb.

This mod halves my fps. Well, beauty comes at a cost doesn't it? xD I could understand the volumetric clouds and reflections and other fps eaters but I can't understand why it still lowers my fps during interplanetary travel. Is it distant object enhancer? (I think I will try to configure the mod more precisely to meet my fps requirements later.) I also noticed that shadows behave differently. They are darker and smoother. Could be the case.

Anyway I'm looking forward to keep using KSPRC - I just have to find the right config or to create it manually.

Also I have lost my rover due to migrating to KSPRC. I think its related to spawning the rover inside a rock. How is collision with rocks implemented btw? That's really, really awesome!

What also makes me curious is that it also drastically lowers my sim speed on the launchpad. Seems like clouds or some other graphical feature is calculated on a cpu.. interesting.

ps: will provide any additional info on request. For now I simply don't know what info I could provide - it seems very normal that this awesome mod that lifts the game to the upper level of detail and beauty causes dramatic fps drops.

On 5/27/2016 at 9:24 PM, Proot said:

About the rest: would be much more useful if you tell me your specs and info about your problems (with debug info or even your logs if possible) than if you flood the thread with messages about how you cut or mix the mod. Deleting things randomly and make me to read about how you do it don't helps me in any way. As example: for me Eve planet works pretty fine with four layers filled with volumetrics, while Kerbin have FPS drops with just 3 layers. So is not so simple as to delete one thing or another.

I guess I'm not sure what kind of info to give you, then. I don't feel like I'm encountering bugs, just that my computer is running slowly because it's four years old. Are you planning for a release that will optimize everything so computers like mine can run the full mod? In that case, I'll be glad to share whatever information will be helpful.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVidia GT 540M, KerboKatz's Physical Time Ratio Viewer reports that KSP is running at 30-40% speed when I'm sitting in a Thunderbird on the KSC runway, taking off, flying around KSC a litle bit, and landing. Here's a log. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBMVhDd3ZDakNNRjQ

I've noticed that volumetric clouds "pop" into existence with the current KSPRC config - eg. just look west from KSC (they do with base EVE config too). Changing _DistFadeVert to at least 0.00007 makes them fade in more smoothly.

I fiddled a bit with the uvnoise too and found 0.008/0.0008/-0.4,0.25 quite nice, but I tend to turn off the detailtex and all but one cloud layer too (for performance), so that might just be a combination of factors. Certainly the KSPRC Kerbin clouds are the best EVE config I've ever seen! I'd comment on the other planets.... except I'm trying to experience these for the first time in a real Career mode, so no spoilers (I never used visual mods prior to KSP 1.1 _x64 for Windows).

Edited by Waz

Thanks @Waz that is gold data!

I'm doing my best to find what is causing the fps slowdown. And -as only you know, for the moment ;)- I'm waiting for the stable EVE version with your changes to the mainline, to do my clouds overhaul.

I think it will be a huge step forward in many ways!

1 minute ago, Proot said:

I'm doing my best to find what is causing the fps slowdown. And -as only you know, for the moment ;)- I'm waiting for the stable EVE version with your changes to the mainline, to do my clouds overhaul.

@Proot This mod is amazing. My game looks amazing. I do have slow FPS, but I'm sure you're working to fix the problem. Keep it going.

After about a year since I first saw the trailer for this mod I can finally install it on my new pc with the proper x64 bit version, the game looks beautiful, the textures are gorgeous, the clouds are smooth, the views from space are breathtaking, all about this mod is amazing, thank you very much to all the mod developers involved in this project and specially @Proot for all the hard work.

The mod runs a little slow on mi gtx 970, I can manage only 45 fps with the volumetric clouds on, if you have fps problems maybe you wanna disable those too using the EVE menu since they have a huge impact on performance, once disabled I have smooth 60fps on 1080p :D I also disabled the terrain shadows on scatterer, they look weird for my taste :P

I noticed that the pre release doesn't include planet shine, I have been playing for about 2 hour with the 0.2.5 ver. and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the mod, is working as usual.

Thanks again!

13 hours ago, Proot said:

I'm really not an expert in how the HLSL compiler optimizes stuff, but just from reading, the shaders might benefit from some manual optimization, in particular allowing options to be unused (eg. DetailTex as I mentioned).

For me (GTX980), with a 1-part ship viewing from orbit, each cloud layer appeared to cost about 10ms (so, for example, 3 layers changes 30fps into 15fps).

Edit: there is something odd going on. Testing outside KSP, these shaders hardly cost anything - 100 spheres at 60fps is no problem at all. So there is some other per-layer cost that vastly outweighs the cost of the shader (I was going to spend time today looking at optimizing the shaders, but there is no need, it seems). Volume clouds maybe?

Edit of my Edit: yes, it's the volume clouds. It seems we're paying for them even when in low orbit (by which point they are all faded out long ago).

Edited by Waz

Hey, does anyone know how to install this with other kopernicus mods (or if its even compatible)? 

I'm trying to install with the outer solar system mod, and both have kopernicus files, and i dont know which i should override.

@Proot

A bug report on one of my mods (SigmaBinary) made me check KSPRC files that edit the Kopernicus node.

I found that there is only 1 file and it has a couple of problems

this is the first few lines:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	{
	useOnDemand = true
	}
	@Body[Sun]
	{

as you can see you open and close curly brackets around useOnDemand, that doesn't look like a valid MM syntax to me, I don't know if that might be the cause of the issues, but it could be.

also, you have an uneven number of curly brackets:
441x {
440x }

I have tried running KSPRC with SigmaBinary and it does cause an error.

I have fixed the KSPRC.cfg file by:

1- Removing the curly brackets around loadondemand
2- Adding a } at the very end of the file

this made the errors disappear

I thought you might want to know :wink:

1 hour ago, impwarhamer said:

Hey, does anyone know how to install this with other kopernicus mods (or if its even compatible)? 

I'm trying to install with the outer solar system mod, and both have kopernicus files, and i dont know which i should override.

It should be compatible. :wink:

And many, many thanks for that @Sigma88!!

Hey there! I installed KSPRC and it looks beautiful and runs beautifully on my machine! Wow, it even seems to change the textures on some stock parts. This is really quite the compilation. I also love the Kerbal hairstyles.

Anyway, I landed on Duna today, and it was glorious! Just one teeeny tiny oddity. Duna turned semi-transparant on the night side from orbit. I could see the skybox and sun through the planet. Not a showstopper for me by any means, but just thought I'd mention :)

Ahh ok i figured out my problem, turns out if you go to curse and just hit the download button it downloads the old version not the new one. No wonder it wasn't working!

If you want the new version, you have to click files and then 0.7 prerelease 3

Thanks anyway!

8 hours ago, nsgallup said:

What made you decide to make Eve pink/orange? Just curious.

I just like this color scheme of Venus in UV:

venus95.gif

Was trying to achieve something similar... Still working on it. But I'm pretty open to suggestions for colors. Specially if they are coherent with game/wiki data: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Eve
I think is a pretty interesting question: taking on count all this... has someone a scientific approach about which should be Eve's clouds color scheme?

Edited by Proot

Finally got around to trying the new release: beautiful work, Proot, as before. No big shadow problems on the landscape either. :D

A general question to the thread: has anyone got a parts reflection mod that plays well with KSPRC? I know I've asked this in the past, but the old Texture Replacer option (at least the one that worked with KSPRC, and list out each part in the config file) was hell on FPS after 1.1. 

Hello Proot, I finally decided to create a KSP forum account just because I really really REALLY had to congrat you for this wonderful mod ! The best visual enhancement for an epic gaming experience ! Works to perfection.

My eyes would personaly like to thank you. They'd probably give you a hug if they could. :D

this mod bring my gtx 960 to its knees but its awesome any suggestion or tip to change something so i can have better fps? .i did lower my AA to 2x but no change i even set aa to off that was wired no change. and i have wired pauses  every 3 or 4 sec even if i have over 50 fps its maybe my ram im not sure 

Duna is beautiful. I drove a rover 70km watching the sky and dust storms (or rather, RemoteTech did, while I watched)... to a sad but awesome end when I discovered that the scatter rocks are solid.

Edited by Waz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.