[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

The terrain scatter colliders seem to only sometimes work. Is this a glitch in the KSPRC config, or a known bug with Kopernicus?

Edited by Waz

2 hours ago, Waz said:

The terrain scatter colliders seem to only sometimes work. Is this a glitch in the KSPRC config, or a known bug with Kopernicus?

I wish to knew... I'm reviewing my configs constantly during a time, trying to find if it's my fault.

PD: For me are working almos everywhere except for Kerbin.

Edited by Proot

1 hour ago, Proot said:

I wish to knew... I'm reviewing my configs constantly during a time, trying to find if it's my fault.

PD: For me are working almos everywhere except for Kerbin.

I think I've had them work on Kerbin, but only rarely. I don't really hang out on Kerbin, but I've been working on using @Steven Mading's LaserDist (ever since crashing that Duna rover), so I thought Kerbin was a sensible place to test ... seems not so :-)

Edit: I'm seeing the same inconsistency on Mun. Sometimes loading a quicksave will make them work, but rarely.

Edited by Waz

I've just installed KSPRC, and while in some cases everything is copacetic, I get very peculiar frame rate stuttering when I'm "in flight", i.e. controlling any vessel.  Doing some digging, I found this only happens when I have Kopernicus active (I 'deactivate' it by simply removing the Kopernicus directory from GameData).  The performance difference is extreme to say the least, and here are some screenshots to prove it.

With Kopernicus, frame rates look like a square wave, though the screenshots don't quite do it justice, as the game essentially completely locks up in the 'valley' of the wave for ~100-200ms or so, resulting in a frame rate of ~30 FPS, at least as reported by KSP, though with how extreme the stutter is it feels much worse:

gvjpfu.png

Without Kopernicus (but still every other part of KSPRC), it easily renders at the refresh rate of my 60 Hz monitor, and is simply limited by Vsync:

ssutie.png

Any idea what might be going on?  The log shows nothing of note in either case, and I have a hard time believing it's normal for Kopernicus with the KSPRC configs alone to be doing this.  I am using 64K, so I wonder if there is some incompatibility with that?  I'm going to try with some other mod combinations, but any guidance on troubleshooting is appreciated.

Edited by `Orum

Some people report no problems with Kopernicus, but huge fps drops with EVE particles. Others like you seem to have problems with terrains (main use for Kopernicus). Clues like the absence of collisions with the terrain scatters in Kerbin made me to think that all this is my fault somewhere in my EVE/Kopernicus configs. Maybe in both. I'm literally working hard on this, since weeks. My brain is dry with this issues... hard for me to review more the configs or try new tricks.

Anyways I'm still working and doing improvements, and once I find the problem I think that the performance could increase dramatically, not just due to all this... :wink:

9 minutes ago, Proot said:

... I'm literally working hard on this, since weeks. My brain is dry with this issues... hard for me to review more the configs or try new tricks.

Don't worry, I've played without Kopernicus for a long time, so I'm okay playing without it for a while longer.  Thanks for looking into it though, and I'm going to continue poking around myself to see if I can figure out the root cause.

6 hours ago, `Orum said:

Don't worry, I've played without Kopernicus for a long time, so I'm okay playing without it for a while longer.  Thanks for looking into it though, and I'm going to continue poking around myself to see if I can figure out the root cause.

Orum, that's an incredibly fascinating observation! I say that because if you look at my earlier posts in this thread, you find a few dozen about me complaining uselessly about how part reflections via Texture Replacer (like we had in KSPRC in 1.0.5) are butchering my framerate even with their fidelity lowered considerably.

Your problem (the "valleys") sounded exactly like what i ran through, though I was able to stop it by removing the reflection module file. Deleting Kopernicus, for me, also drastically improves framerates.

So it's something in KSPRC that causes extremely heavy framterate losses. I'm going to do some tests on this myself .

EDIT: Also, it appears Kopernicus causes the graphical glitch in the start screen where the cloud cover cuts out on Kerbin at a certain latitude in the southern hemisphere. 

Edited by Synthesis

hasnt there been some super intelligent'ish' guy a few weeks back creating tons of Videos just to saay that an older kopernicus-version makes the game run mor "smoother"?

guess this was because of some Features that were missing in this old Version - but essentially the same Observation as those today...

Edited by Speadge

14 hours ago, jordanjay29 said:

@MKellerBR You can also notify the CKAN people in their thread, who will direct their bots to auto-pickup KSPRC's spacedock releases.

It is necessary that the Author of Mod perform the creation of the MetaData for mod indexing on CKAN repository.

Edited by MKellerBR

7 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

i think part of frame drops especially the pauses is texturereplacer reflection feature.

You're having the same issue me and Orum had, I think. You can remove the old Texture Replacer MM part reflection patch, or Kopernicus. Either one should immediate improve your framerates. 

14 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Deleting Kopernicus, for me, also drastically improves framerates.

But isn't this obvious? Without Kopernicus, KSPRC won't be adding any fidelity to the planets' PQS models, so of course they're simpler. Removing EVE will similarly improve KSPRC's performance ... because the non-existent clouds will be very cheap to render.

Personally, I cut KSPRC's clouds down to 1 layer, because 1 is plenty for me and there is some bug in EVE which is currently causing excessive CPU/GPU usage from multiple volume clouds layers, but ultimately, each feature of KSPRC is going to cost something. I think the Kopernicus configs are the best part of KSPRC - they make each world a pleasure to visit.

6 hours ago, Waz said:

But isn't this obvious? Without Kopernicus, KSPRC won't be adding any fidelity to the planets' PQS models, so of course they're simpler. Removing EVE will similarly improve KSPRC's performance ... because the non-existent clouds will be very cheap to render.

Personally, I cut KSPRC's clouds down to 1 layer, because 1 is plenty for me and there is some bug in EVE which is currently causing excessive CPU/GPU usage from multiple volume clouds layers, but ultimately, each feature of KSPRC is going to cost something. I think the Kopernicus configs are the best part of KSPRC - they make each world a pleasure to visit.

Well, for me it's a little less obvious Waz. :rolleyes: Specifically, I was only getting <60FPS as a combination of Kopernicus and the part reflection mm, as stated above. Kopernicus by itself wasn't that weighty on my system. 

I'm still looking into other options, but that's been my consistent solution. For example, completely removing EVE did nothing to improve my FPS when running both Kopernicus and part reflections. 

Kopernicus also has its share of graphical bugs, but those've always been there. 

22 hours ago, Proot said:

Current configs are not compatible with older Kopernicus versions. The terrain shaders and other things are not the same.

thats why i said "intelligent'ISH" - it was quite obvious why he had better fps with old versions cause of missing features; but he made a whol series out of his big findings :D

for those with some spare time:

to make it short: use old kopernicus :D

Spoiler

Edited by Speadge

On 02/06/2016 at 10:43 AM, Proot said:

Some people report no problems with Kopernicus, but huge fps drops with EVE particles. Others like you seem to have problems with terrains (main use for Kopernicus). Clues like the absence of collisions with the terrain scatters in Kerbin made me to think that all this is my fault somewhere in my EVE/Kopernicus configs. 

I think I worked out the terrain scatter colliders problems today - it's a pull request on Kopernicus if you want to check it out. There may still be issues if KSPRC doesn't add colliders to vanilla scatters (if they still appear - I thought I noticed some while debugging).

7 hours ago, Waz said:

I think I worked out the terrain scatter colliders problems today - it's a pull request on Kopernicus if you want to check it out. There may still be issues if KSPRC doesn't add colliders to vanilla scatters (if they still appear - I thought I noticed some while debugging).

I don't understand very well the issue (as far as I understand this is more related to KSP itself than to Kopernicus, right?). Precisely to avoid problems with "external" objects all I'm using are vanilla elements (but revamped and reconfigured). And seems like all them have colliders. In fact I had the colliders working at Kerbin some time ago, but since a time (I can't tell exactly when) all are vanished.

In any case: many, many thanks for you priceless help!

Edited by Proot

Im on a 27 inch iMac, 16 GB ram, 1 TB fusion Drive.

I have KSP 1.1.2

KSP loads well, then says "Module Manager 1 patch applied" but once its finished I have the loading sign with the planets spinning, and nothings happening.

Maybe I need to look at the settings for this mod, If I could adjust something within, what can I do. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.