[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

17 hours ago, Proot said:

I don't understand very well the issue (as far as I understand this is more related to KSP itself than to Kopernicus, right?). Precisely to avoid problems with "external" objects all I'm using are vanilla elements (but revamped and reconfigured). And seems like all them have colliders. In fact I had the colliders working at Kerbin some time ago, but since a time (I can't tell exactly when) all are vanished.

In any case: many, many thanks for you priceless help!

I wasn't very clear. What I mean is that stock already has some scatters defined. From looking at the Kooernicus code, if you don't give a config to turn on colliders for these, they'll still show up (and without colliders). I saw some scatters which used the boulder model and definitely didn't have colliders turned on. But I only saw them in the debugger - I couldn't see where on which planet they were defined for, nor test them in-game.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

So it would be best practice in this case to use Kopernicus to cull all stock scatter and then re-add it through Kopernicus itself to ensure colliders are enabled?

I've done that twice. :( Fortunately Thomas P. & co. have released a new Kopernicus and Kittopia Tech versions, which should be a great help to find my errors and to fix and enhance other things.

On 6/2/2016 at 11:18 PM, Synthesis said:

You're having the same issue me and Orum had, I think. You can remove the old Texture Replacer MM part reflection patch, or Kopernicus. Either one should immediate improve your framerates. 

i play with reflection set to none in TR setting no need for deleting files. about kopernicus doesnt this necessary for those beautiful Effect mod adds to the game .if yes i rather keep them the frame drops is not that massive.(25 maybe 20 at lowest for short time)

2 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

why Sorlon has so much gravity with 5km radios is it come from neutron star? :huh:

I would suggest something along the lines of an ASL Gravity coefficient of 0.0192m/s^2, roughly around 1% of what it currently has. @Proot, any thoughts on this?

Edited by Poodmund

59 minutes ago, Silent1_87 said:

why Sorlon has so much gravity with 5km radios is it come from neutron star? :huh:

It's just a chunk of pure Kerbolium, the substance that gives Kerbin its earthlike gravity despite its size. Of course being heavy, it normally sinks deep into the center of planets. It's also extremely cohesive and rigid, hence Sorlon doesn't collapse to a sphere.

36 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I would suggest something along the lines of an ASL Gravity coefficient of 0.00192m/s^2, roughly around 1% of what it currently has. @Proot, any thoughts on this?

I like at least same az gilly or lower if possible . I want to send a roseta style mission to it. Extremely low gravity has its own fun. 

25 minutes ago, Waz said:

It's just a chunk of pure Kerbolium, the substance that gives Kerbin its earthlike gravity despite its size. Of course being heavy, it normally sinks deep into the center of planets. It's also extremely cohesive and rigid, hence Sorlon doesn't collapse to a sphere.

Lol sorry dude my mind can't accept it.:confused:

38 minutes ago, Silent1_87 said:

I like at least same az gilly or lower if possible . I want to send a roseta style mission to it. Extremely low gravity has its own fun. 

Well if you compare it to other bodies of small size and use the 5km radius of Sorlon as a ratio you get the following:

Gilly 13km (Stock): 0.049m/s^2 ---> Sorlon 5km: 0.0188m/s^2 

Hale 6km (OPM): 0.023m/s^2 ---> Sorlon 5km: 0.0192m/s^2

So around 0.019m/s^2 would be reflective on a median value between them. Then its just a case of considering Sorlon's make-up and adjusting to suit.

Edited by Poodmund

Ajajahaha...:D

Sorlon is just finished in the graphical side. All the rest is basically a "placeholder". Did you read the description about it? Lol. Humbly, I don't have enough knowledge about physics and astronomical objects to complete the data properly, so all your ideas are more than welcome. Including orbit, position, composition and so on...

I was expecting this could be the first achievement of "Laika Sir Common Enterprises"...

uvaOScL.png

Edited by Proot

34 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Well if you compare it to other bodies of small size and use the 5km radius of Sorlon as a ratio you get the following:

Gilly 13km (Stock): 0.049m/s^2 ---> Sorlon 5km: 0.0188m/s^2 

Hale 6km (OPM): 0.023m/s^2 ---> Sorlon 5km: 0.0192m/s^2

So around 0.019m/s^2 would be reflective on a median value between them. Then its just a case of considering Sorlon's make-up and adjusting to suit.

Im ok with these numbers as long as it has some sense in it. About make up it should be mainly water ice and the old fashion dirt that kerbals know. 

11 minutes ago, Proot said:

Ajajahaha...:D

Sorlon is just finished in the graphical side. All the rest is basically a "placeholder". Did you read the description about it? Lol. Humbling, I don't have enough knowledge about physics and astronomical objects to complete the data properly, so all your ideas are more than welcome. Including orbit, position, composition and so on...

I was expecting this could be the first achievement of "Laika Sir Common Enterprises"...

Sorry i didn't pay attention to it. I like the current orbit but if u make it like comet that would be awesome with tail at its closest distance to the sun

3 hours ago, Proot said:

Sorlon is just finished in the graphical side. All the rest is basically a "placeholder". Did you read the description about it? Lol. Humbling, I don't have enough knowledge about physics and astronomical objects to complete the data properly, so all your ideas are more than welcome. Including orbit, position, composition and so on...

Ah I see, I don't suppose it takes a lot of inspiration from Halley's Comet, does it?

would like your feedback on this Proot. Not sure what can be done for improvements (as in by you and the mod authors) but I figure you're the best overall authority on where to start. Been looking into the overall visual quality of my game and have been very disappointed by what I see at night. Here's a look. If you ask me the quality decreases the more stuff I add (note that KSPRC itself doesn't really make it "worse" - in fact Mun is sharper-looking as it should be). Right now I'm just contemplating total removal of EVE + Scatterer for night time. Would you consider this more on the mod side or the config side? Or more of both?

Edited by Gaiiden

23 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

would like your feedback on this Proot. Not sure what can be done for improvements (as in by you and the mod authors) but I figure you're the best overall authority on where to start. Been looking into the overall visual quality of my game and have been very disappointed by what I see at night. Here's a look. If you ask me the quality decreases the more stuff I add (note that KSPRC itself doesn't really make it "worse" - in fact Mun is sharper-looking as it should be). Right now I'm just contemplating total removal of EVE + Scatterer for night time. Would you consider this more on the mod side or the config side? Or more of both?

This would help you.

12 hours ago, drswagboss said:

This would help you.

Isn't PlanetShine installed by KSPRC? In addition to allowing you to tweak the ambient, it adds realistic coloured light reflected from planets.

Edited by Waz
Typo

2 hours ago, drswagboss said:

It's not included in prerelease 3

Ah, i probably installed it myself - it's been a must-have from before i started dabbling in these bigger visual mods (thanks to 64bit).

15 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Hey @Proot, I love how everything looks, but is there any way to get half-sized Kerbin textures?

I want to have a more or less "final" version before to shrink the textures. :wink: But if you had enough skills you can try to do DIY with photoshop and the nvidia plugin.

On 6/6/2016 at 0:52 AM, Gaiiden said:

I'm working in an improved skybox, based in my own 24k version from 2013 tycho star map by NASA. And remember that you are using an unfinished version. :wink: (pre-release)

On 6/6/2016 at 8:13 PM, Silent1_87 said:

Question; Can i use another EVE Clouds config without messing this mod ?. what files should i delete ?

Nobody likes me:(.one more questions if u do; Should installing Kopernicus expansion change any visual like animating clouds? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.