[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

1 hour ago, Silent1_87 said:

Nobody likes me:(.one more questions if u do; Should installing Kopernicus expansion change any visual like animating clouds? 

yes, you can, but you have to delete the clouds .cfg inside Atmosphere folder. Kopernicus Expansions is just for comets and other visual effects, not for clouds.

Some odd "lines" of dust I'm seeing on my 400km trek from highest to lowest point on Duna, down the great valley:

UOGU3gZ.jpg

I mean the brown lines, not the red ones - those are LaserDist lasers scanning for Boulders (with colliders! wooo!).

I've quicksaved, so let me know if there is something I can do to debug further.

I've got to say it: KSPRC makes it really a beautiful experience to spend time on a planet. Normally I land, sample, plant flag, eva report, and climb back into the pod. Well done @Proot, and of course, the mods behind that make such art possible.

Edited by Waz

Just now, Silent1_87 said:

Boulders Are Awesome :D CaclnJw.png

Until you hit them. I'm playing KSPRC for the first time (64-bit, woohooo!), in Career Hard+Quicksaves (to give a real feel of exploration of beautiful places) and my first robot mission to Duna ended in a field of boulders which RemoteTech's Flight Computer had no hope of navigating.

But yes, they're awesome - the best solution to crashing into boulders is definitely to go around them, not through them. I sent a manned mission, just in case, and already I've had to KIS a few bits and piece, not to mention modify my kOS driving script continuously as the rover progressed.

4 minutes ago, Waz said:

Until you hit them. I'm playing KSPRC for the first time (64-bit, woohooo!), in Career Hard+Quicksaves (to give a real feel of exploration of beautiful places) and my first robot mission to Duna ended in a field of boulders which RemoteTech's Flight Computer had no hope of navigating.

But yes, they're awesome - the best solution to crashing into boulders is definitely to go around them, not through them. I sent a manned mission, just in case, and already I've had to KIS a few bits and piece, not to mention modify my kOS driving script continuously as the rover progressed.

i will send robotic mission when the lunch window come up for duna im using remote tech too but with disabled signal delay ( i dont know excrements about scripting). im looking forward to crashing in to one of those rocks lol. and seeing some sand storm. the 64 bit is a life saver with all these great mods. i still have 2 gb of free ram moreeeee MOD.:D 

7 minutes ago, gilbr0ther said:

how did you do this, i tried but the clouds dont show up?

I do the same: 

1. Download SVE (not very highest detail bcouse-> its drop FPS like KSPRC, just hi or medium) . Drop it in Gamedata. Kill all files in SVE except this :

19c423d8b32c.jpg

2.  Open SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPRC\Atmospheres\clouds.cfg

3. Find in Proot's clouds lines about Kerbin clouds (its easy) in clouds.cfg

4. Change its lines to SVE config clouds like this:

OBJECT
    {
        name = Kerbin-MainClouds
        body = Kerbin
        altitude = 3500
        speed = 0,20,0
        settings
        {
            _DetailScale = 6
            _DetailDist = 2E-07
            _Color = 244,244,244,225
            _MainTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/DetailLow
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
                _FalloffScale = 10
            }
            shadowMaterial
            {
                _ShadowFactor = 0.35
            }
        }
    }
    OBJECT
    {
        name = Kerbin-CirrusClouds
        body = Kerbin
        altitude = 6500
        speed = 0,100,0
        detailSpeed = 0,6,0
        offset = 10,0,25
        rotationAxis1 = 0,2,0
        settings
        {
            _Color = 222,222,222,215
            _DetailScale = 5
            _MainTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/Kerbin2
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/detailCumulus
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
            }
        }
        layerVolume
        {
            size = 3000,1
            area = 36000,4
            rotationSpeed = 0
            particleMaterial
            {
                _Tex
                {
                    value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/rgb
                }
            }
        }
    }
    OBJECT
    {
        name = Kerbin-MainCloudsVolume
        body = Kerbin
        altitude = 4000
        speed = 0,20,0
        settings
        {
            _Color = 165,165,165,185
            _MainTex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/kerbin1
            }
        }
        layerVolume
        {
            size = 4000,2
            rotationSpeed = 0.0002
            area = 26000,4
            particleMaterial
            {
                _Tex
                {
                    value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/rgb
                }
            }
        }
    }
    OBJECT
    {
        name = Aurora
        body = Kerbin
        speed = 0,250,0
        detailSpeed = -500,-505,-500
        altitude = 10000
        settings
        {
            _DetailDist = 0
            _DetailScale = 0
            _Color = 205,1005,500,255
            _MainTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Textures/Aurora
            _UVNoiseTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Details/aunoise
            _UVNoiseStrength = 0.005
            _UVNoiseScale = 0.05
            _UVNoiseAnimation = 0.6,0.6
        }
        layer2D
        {
            shadow = False
            shadowOffset = 0,0,0
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
                _DetailDist = 0
                _MinLight = 1
                _RimDistSub = 1
            }
        }
    }

5. And here the profit! Highest fps like SVE, clouds from SVE, but its quality is double time best from KSPRC+SVE

ps: sorry for my poor english

for peoples who asking me how i add SVE Clouds. this is super Easy as nansuchao Explain it for me First u delete Clouds file as i show u here in this screenshot.  its in Ksprc/atmosphers folder in game data.

Atif3aO.png

Then add Only StockVisualEnhancements Folder To ur Game data. u dont need the other two. so Esay

Ybg7NGb.png

Remember This method will replace all Planet Clouds with SVE including Eve jool Duna and lyethe. But Personally i prefer SVE until Proot complete his work.  

Edited by Silent1_87
more info

10 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

Nobody likes me:(.one more questions if u do; Should installing Kopernicus expansion change any visual like animating clouds? 

Sorry to say but I don't have an answer for either of your questions :P - And don't worry people like you :D. Sometimes they just don't know how to respond, that's all :P.

There is a thing that is intriguing for me related to the SVE clouds:

For a best performance, SVE just have one volumetric layer, so the rest of the layers are "cosmetic". I mean, it looks great (specially at great distances), but flying around them you can find plain layers (without volume).
Did this not break the consistence of the scene for you?

On the other hand, I'm working in a new way to use cloud layers. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but if @rbray89 can relate the new noise feature (by @Waz) to the real time... I think we could have a completely new way to have very detailed and much more realistic clouds. Even in the less privileged machines...

PD: @Waz thanks, I'll fix the texture issue in the dust of Duna's storms!

Edited by Proot

4 minutes ago, Proot said:

For a best performance, SVE just have one volumetric layer, so the rest of the layers are "cosmetic". I mean, it looks great (specially at great distances), but flying around them you can find plain layers (without volume).

On the other hand, I'm working in a new way to use cloud layers. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but if @rbray89 can relate the new noise feature (by @Waz) to the real time... I think we could have a completely new way to have very detailed and much more realistic clouds. Even in the less privileged machines...

I've noticed this in my testing as well. I'm going to try to find out what the heck is going on with that and why the 2D layer isn't disappearing like it should when you're close to it.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

I've noticed this in my testing as well. I'm going to try to find out what the heck is going on with that and why the 2D layer isn't disappearing like it should when you're close to it.

Oh! So your intention was to do dissapear the non volumetric layers in the proximity?

That is clever and have much more sense! :wink:

Sadly I can't do that with my new way to use the layers... So I still need another way to improve the performance with volumetric layers...

15 minutes ago, Proot said:

PD: @Waz thanks, I'll fix the texture issue in the dust of Duna's storms!

His work is amazing, the look is fantastic, but my computer can not handle and has a large loss of FPS when I'm passing through clouds.

Now I was extremely anxious and happy about this news, can not wait

15 minutes ago, Proot said:

actually i dont feel any performance deference booth cloud config lower my fps when im seeing volumetric clouds. in kerbin on the ground booth of them r same to me. same clouds move over head. the deference is in texturing when u have space station and looking to those beautiful almost realistic cloud. u can even spot a storm lol. thats i think is great. good job @Nhawks17 

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sorry to say but I don't have an answer for either of your questions :P - And don't worry people like you :D. Sometimes they just don't know how to respond, that's all :P.

i was kidding of course people likes me im very likable person :D and i got my answer. 

1 hour ago, Proot said:

Sadly I can't do that with my new way to use the layers... So I still need another way to improve the performance with volumetric layers...

Volumetric layers each cost an amount regardless of whether they are visible - even from low orbit! This is clearly something slightly wrong in EVE.

Been using this mod for a few weeks now, (pre 3), and the only problem I've had is looking at Kerbin causes a momentary freeze, which I think may be related to texture replacer, since I didn't have it happen to me before I installed this mod, otherwise, loving it, and I did when it first came out.

17 hours ago, Itsdavyjones said:

Been using this mod for a few weeks now, (pre 3), and the only problem I've had is looking at Kerbin causes a momentary freeze, which I think may be related to texture replacer, since I didn't have it happen to me before I installed this mod, otherwise, loving it, and I did when it first came out.

The Kerbin texture is 8192 x 4096, that puts a load on your vram/ram.

Hi there,

anyone has an idea why my class E asteroid has different textures?

bDDjBHD.jpg

although the hightmap seems to "Swallow" my kerbal each time i am to near... it always disappears into the ground.

Thanks

On 8.6.2016 at 1:26 PM, Waz said:

I mean the brown lines, not the red ones - those are LaserDist lasers scanning for Boulders (with colliders! wooo!).

Can u tell me where to get those distance lasers and how to add them to a kOS script?

regards

21 minutes ago, Speadge said:

Hi there,

anyone has an idea why my class E asteroid has different textures?

bDDjBHD.jpg

although the hightmap seems to "Swallow" my kerbal each time i am to near... it always disappears into the ground.

Thanks

It was not intended, I'll check this for the next version.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Silent1_87 said:

why mine doesn't  look like this?do u use any after effect on this?

That looks like GemFX. It's a pain to set up, but it doesn't affect framerates at all. You can get very interesting results with it. Even with the default settings I remember screaming out in amazement the first time the game loaded. Honestly, maybe Proot can take a look at it and work his magic with it as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.