[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm at a loss without looking at how you are installing it. I use ksprc quite a bit and don't have an issue. maybe post pics of your install directory?

Well, I have steam installation of KSP. So I've deleted the game, went to steamapps/common, deleted Kerbal Space Program folder. Installed a new one, downloaded KSPRC_v0.5.zip and unzipped it to GameData folder. That's it.

Hi!

I've used KSPRC quite a lot in the past and one of my favorite things about it was that it actually made the Mun look amazing from a distance. Stock KSP shows the entirety of the Mun from Kerbin regardless of its phase and in my opinion it looks awful. KSPRC fixed that in the past by making the the light side of the Mun very bright and the dark side dark, as it should be, just like how you can't see the dark side of the moon from Earth.

I shouldn't be able to see the dark side of the Mun from Kerbin at all and it should appear black or invisible. At some point this great feature was removed from KSPRC before the current update as in this version of KSPRC the Mun is completely visible in its entirety for all phases. It makes the game unplayable for me even though everything else looks absolutely fantastic. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I could tweak in KSPRC to get it back or if maybe it was part of a dependent mod and which one so I could go to that thread and ask there. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can also try to find screenshots of what I'm talking about if needed, but basically it made the Mun look much whiter and brighter from a distance, and a clear edge to the dark side was visible. 

7 hours ago, SebastianKSP said:

Hi!

I've used KSPRC quite a lot in the past and one of my favorite things about it was that it actually made the Mun look amazing from a distance. Stock KSP shows the entirety of the Mun from Kerbin regardless of its phase and in my opinion it looks awful. KSPRC fixed that in the past by making the the light side of the Mun very bright and the dark side dark, as it should be, just like how you can't see the dark side of the moon from Earth.

I shouldn't be able to see the dark side of the Mun from Kerbin at all and it should appear black or invisible. At some point this great feature was removed from KSPRC before the current update as in this version of KSPRC the Mun is completely visible in its entirety for all phases. It makes the game unplayable for me even though everything else looks absolutely fantastic. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I could tweak in KSPRC to get it back or if maybe it was part of a dependent mod and which one so I could go to that thread and ask there. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can also try to find screenshots of what I'm talking about if needed, but basically it made the Mun look much whiter and brighter from a distance, and a clear edge to the dark side was visible. 

I understand everyone has their own personal preference for visual styles, so I'm not trying to say you shouldn't make Mun look this way (I did it with AVP back in pre-KSP v1 myself) but taking into consideration how much closer Mun is to Kerbin than Luna is to Earth (it's 32x closer) it's going to get a lot more reflected light and thus not appear with such well-defined phases as we're used to seeing on our moon.

that said, if you look back a few pages in the Scatterer thread I did ask blackrack if the effect were achievable with Scatterer at some point. He said prob not but maybe if the planet shine feature he's working on can be made tweakable enough

12 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I understand everyone has their own personal preference for visual styles, so I'm not trying to say you shouldn't make Mun look this way (I did it with AVP back in pre-KSP v1 myself) but taking into consideration how much closer Mun is to Kerbin than Luna is to Earth (it's 32x closer) it's going to get a lot more reflected light and thus not appear with such well-defined phases as we're used to seeing on our moon.

that said, if you look back a few pages in the Scatterer thread I did ask blackrack if the effect were achievable with Scatterer at some point. He said prob not but maybe if the planet shine feature he's working on can be made tweakable enough

I actually forgot to include this in my original post, but I'm fine with planetshine. I actually use that mod myself. If the dark side of the Mun were illuminated blue by Kerbin a tiny bit then I would be fine, however it seems more like it's illuminated by some bright mystical light from nowhere.

I know KSPRC had it at some point too which is why I asked here. It just looked so gorgeous before and I can't enjoy the amazing details Proot put into the planets because while I'm flying around I just see that ugly paper mache looking ball hanging in the sky. 

Is there any way I can tweak something to get that effect back, or was it completely removed from KSPRC

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

Is there a way to get only certain parts of the mod? In my case, I really just want the new kerbal heads and the main theme.

I think if you delete the folders - pre install it'll work... I've been testing using just the clouds, and so far it seems to be working.

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

Is there a way to get only certain parts of the mod? In my case, I really just want the new kerbal heads and the main theme.

For the kerbal heads you can use texture replacer and add the head textures from ksprc to the head folder in texture replacer.  I'm not sure what you mean by the main theme though

Which mod specically will make planets other than Kerbin look way better? I really liked the way Minmus and the Mun looked with these, but I had awful FPS on kerbin. I removed all of my graphics mods and only want the ones that will make the other bodies look better, as I spend more time there and I need the frames when launching on Kerbin. Thanks.

1 minute ago, TonyMacaroni said:

Which mod specically will make planets other than Kerbin look way better? I really liked the way Minmus and the Mun looked with these, but I had awful FPS on kerbin. I removed all of my graphics mods and only want the ones that will make the other bodies look better, as I spend more time there and I need the frames when launching on Kerbin. Thanks.

Stock visual terrain 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 6:50 AM, Ignalion said:

Well, I have steam installation of KSP. So I've deleted the game, went to steamapps/common, deleted Kerbal Space Program folder. Installed a new one, downloaded KSPRC_v0.5.zip and unzipped it to GameData folder. That's it.

You should install the 0.7 prerelease. I use that with 1.1.3 with almost no issue.

@Proot Finally made it to Duna. Your Duna textures, like all the others, are jaw dropping. I swear if I look close enough I can see Duna dust on Bob's boots.

oTHMRPF.jpg

Edited by Starfire70

8 minutes ago, Identitools said:

Those terrain textures looks nice, how can i use them without the rest of KSPRC? I mean i already use SVE and i like the general feel of it but those textures would make a neat addition, how do i do this?

You could try SVT

11 hours ago, Identitools said:

Those terrain textures looks nice, how can i use them without the rest of KSPRC? I mean i already use SVE and i like the general feel of it but those textures would make a neat addition, how do i do this?

There is a way to combine them and it has a separate thread. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.