[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings.

This is a pretty awesome mod and I know that it is out of date, but I have tried using it with the new version of the Astronomers pack and all the planets (that I have visited, I dug out Hyperedit...) work fine, except the Mun. When I get close it does a really strange thing: v4s5lUI.pngThis grey ocean slowly swallows the whole Mun. I assume it has something to do with high-res textures being loaded when getting close with a craft.

7 hours ago, Hiramas said:

Greetings.

This is a pretty awesome mod and I know that it is out of date, but I have tried using it with the new version of the Astronomers pack and all the planets (that I have visited, I dug out Hyperedit...) work fine, except the Mun. When I get close it does a really strange thing: v4s5lUI.pngThis grey ocean slowly swallows the whole Mun. I assume it has something to do with high-res textures being loaded when getting close with a craft.

This may occur when the Mun is eclipsed, otherwise it has nothing to do with AVP's textures. 

11 hours ago, themaster401 said:

This may occur when the Mun is eclipsed, otherwise it has nothing to do with AVP's textures. 

Ok, thank you.

I never saw it before installing the new textures and it took over the whole Mun from all directions. So I assumed it might be the mod. 

Just now, themaster401 said:

Hey Proot, got an ETA for the next update? No rush! Just wondering if it's going smoothly.

Speaking of that I'd be happy to help you out Proot if there's anything I could do? In the meantime I'll be working on Spectra :)

These are the instructions (with updated links to dependencies) to make KSPRC work with KSP v1.3.0:

1- Install a fresh version of KSP v 1.3.0  without  any other mods. 

2 - Install KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that works with KSP v1.3.0:

5- Run KSP v1.3.0 with only KSPRC and test it.

Edited by THX-1138

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, THX-1138 said:

These are the instructions (with updated links to dependencies) to make KSPRC work with KSP v1.3.0:

Thanks boss, I may have to do this soon. Unless I can manage to procrastinate untill "Soon" arrives :D:D

Edited by r4pt0r

So I've found a little parameter that could be changed for better frames per second.

In KSPRC.cfg, by default, the line "useOnDemand" is set to "true". By replacing this line with SVT's Kopernicus settings:

useOnDemand = false
    onDemandLoadOnMissing = true
    onDemandLogOnMissing = false
    onDemandForceCollect = false

The game will cease to only load textures when they're needed, and in turn has provided increased performance (though at the cost of RAM I'm guessing.) Someone else likely has a better explanation for what these parameters do, I'm no Kopernicus expert :P

Edited by themaster401

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody managed to  add the planets graphic from KSPRC in 1.3? 

I try it Astronomer and Andromeda but is not even close. I try it and in the way THX have suggest but is not the same...

Here you can see Laythe in 1.1.2 https://ibb.co/cyB5mv

And here is Laythe in 1.3 https://ibb.co/d2okmv  with different mods ,pretty mach all are like in the image .

I love the way it was in 1.1.2 where i can see the islands.

If somebody have make it work PLZ let me know. I still play 1.1.2 just because of the KSPRC.........

Edited by eklipsa

2 hours ago, eklipsa said:

Somebody managed to  add the planets graphic from KSPRC in 1.3? 

I try it Astronomer and Andromeda but is not even close. I try it and in the way THX have suggest but is not the same...

Here you can see Laythe in 1.1.2 https://ibb.co/cyB5mv

And here is Laythe in 1.3 https://ibb.co/d2okmv  with different mods ,pretty mach all are like in the image .

I love the way it was in 1.1.2 where i can see the islands.

If somebody have make it work PLZ let me know. I still play 1.1.2 just because of the KSPRC.........

Jeez man, 1.1.2... You just have to drop the KSPRC folder from the archive into your GameData, download the latest EVE, and leave out scatterer if that's what you want. The photo in 1.3 has those extra clouds because you installed EVE configs on top of KSPRC configs.

Edited by themaster401

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Jeez man, 1.1.2... You just have to drop the KSPRC folder from the archive into your GameData, download the latest EVE, and leave out scatterer if that's what you want. The photo in 1.3 has those extra clouds because you installed EVE configs on top of KSPRC configs.

Wow is work !! thx a lot!!

Edited by eklipsa

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 4:08 AM, themaster401 said:

So I've found a little parameter that could be changed for better frames per second.

In KSPRC.cfg, by default, the line "useOnDemand" is set to "true". By replacing this line with SVT's Kopernicus settings:

useOnDemand = false
    onDemandLoadOnMissing = true
    onDemandLogOnMissing = false
    onDemandForceCollect = false

The game will cease to only load textures when they're needed, and in turn has provided increased performance (though at the cost of RAM I'm guessing.) Someone else likely has a better explanation for what these parameters do, I'm no Kopernicus expert :P

Did anyone try this out? If so how were the fps and load times in game?

Edited by Assassinsat
grammar

• 1 month later...

I fixed up and repackaged the KSPRC texture replacer stuff into a TRR-compatible archive. Just extract it into the KSPRC folder.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LTOcS7EtOyaXppdmVDeVpWUTA

Hopefully, Proot will return with some new texture goodness before too long.

[Update]
Someone has informed me that the 'NoDerivatives' portion of the license used for KSPRC disallows me from even renaming the textures for compatibility, even though the file contents have not changed. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, I'll remove this link.

Edited by Electrocutor

• 4 weeks later...

These are the instructions (with updated links to dependencies) to make KSPRC work with KSP v1.3.1:

1- Install a fresh version of KSP v 1.3.1  without  any other mods (to test and to confirm that it works without issues). 

2 - Install KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that works with KSP v1.3.1:

5- Run KSP v1.3.1 with only KSPRC and test it.

Edited by THX-1138
Updated "Texture Replacer" direct link post to latest version to work with KSP v1.3.0 and 1.3.1 thanks to @Aerospacer

@THX-1138 - thanks, btw need some corrections.

Current working TR version provided by RangeMachine (link: https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases/tag/v2.6.0 ), also he haven't any relation to TRR (which provided by HaArliNsH only).

(at now I still use the 1.3.0 with TR, which have tiny size and good working, and I still do not see weighty reasons for switch to TRR)

Hello @Aerospacer !

Thank you for the heads up in regards to Texture Replacer (TR).  Could you provide me with the original post the provided you with the link of the updated version of TR?  I have tested KSPRC with Texture Replacer Replaced (TRR) and it works well but would like provide the option for an updated version of TR for those who wish to use it.

Edited by THX-1138

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, J534 said:

Hi all, just wondering how does this mod compare with SVE and SVT? Also does KSPRC work with KSP 1.3.x releases?

IMO this performs worse but looks more crisp and properly rough than SVT's terrain. In comparison to SVE and its EVE effects, however, SVE is a definite winner. It will work with 1.3 provided that you download the latest versions of all the dependencies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.