[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

1 hour ago, Proot said:

Eerrr... nope. That is just my Kerbin texture. So not "everything" is working.

KSPRC revamps parts textures and planets textures, but also whole bodies (like Minmus), PQS terrains (the grounds),  atmospheres, sunflare, terrain scatters and so on... and I'll add some good old things again, like my chatterer own sounds, etc.

Also, I'm not using SmokeScreen in the last versions: at contrary, I'm directly revamping the FX Squad effects using Texture Replacer. And btw, my configs and textures for SmokeScreen, using "HotRockets" as scratch, were previous to "RealPlumes" (and allowed directly by Nazari, the creator of the mod... which was the very first in do a skilled use of SmokeScreen plugin).
In fact, "RealPlumes" is based in and uses the whole "HotRockets" mod, which at the same time (like @Red Iron Crown has pointed) is just possible thanks to the "SmokeScreen" plug-in.

ETA: My terrains are working again in 1.1.2! I'm waiting for a compatible version of some of the plugins used, to definitely release an update.

EDIT: Nevermind i should have read previous posts first, disregard.

Are you planning on having custom Scatterer configs? I mention it because i like what scatterer brings to the table but in conjunction with EVE it has a few unsatisfactory side effects, such as bright terrain under dark clouds on the the day/night transition, im assuming its because scatterer "scatters" too much. Im just too much of a layman to figure out how to configure it, but i think it would add a lot to KSPRC. Unless of course you have your own version of atmosphere scattering.

Edited by kerbalresearch

1 hour ago, Proot said:

KSPRC revamps parts textures and planets textures, but also whole bodies (like Minmus), PQS terrains (the grounds),  atmospheres, sunflare, terrain scatters and so on... and I'll add some good old things again, like my chatterer own sounds, etc.

Also, I'm not using SmokeScreen in the last versions: at contrary, I'm directly revamping the FX Squad effects using Texture Replacer. And btw, my configs and textures for SmokeScreen, using "HotRockets" as scratch, were previous to "RealPlumes" (and allowed directly by Nazari, the creator of the mod... which was the very first in do a skilled use of SmokeScreen plugin).
In fact, "RealPlumes" is based in and uses the whole "HotRockets" mod, which at the same time (like @Red Iron Crown has pointed) is just possible thanks to the "SmokeScreen" plug-in.

ETA: My terrains are working again in 1.1.2! I'm waiting for a compatible version of some of the plugins used, to definitely release an update.

Really glad to hear that most of the problems you were having have been resolved. It was really great that squad added back the things you needed in 1.1. I've seen how active you've been the past two weeks by checking your profile [several times each day :sealed:] and am amazed at your dedication and hard work.

4 hours ago, Proot said:

Whats the status of Kopernicus Expansion, will it be integrated with Kopernicus?

3 hours ago, kerbalresearch said:

EDIT: Nevermind i should have read previous posts first, disregard.

Are you planning on having custom Scatterer configs? I mention it because i like what scatterer brings to the table but in conjunction with EVE it has a few unsatisfactory side effects, such as bright terrain under dark clouds on the the day/night transition, im assuming its because scatterer "scatters" too much. Im just too much of a layman to figure out how to configure it, but i think it would add a lot to KSPRC. Unless of course you have your own version of atmosphere scattering.

A lot of people lately seems too used to have this mod "by pieces", so them seem to don't know how this works or what is included... :wink:
I just love Scatterer and @blackrack's work, Scatterer is in continous developing and is always improving. Scatterer is included in the current version and will be included too in the future, always with my configs and texture changes of course. I don't include anything if it's not with changes. Imho, to redistribute an active mod whitout substantial changes is not very fair with the main author.

Thanks to @OhioBob I have great enhancements for my configs in the incoming version. I'm just waiting to the Scatterer update, as the rest of us, to get compatibility with my updated terrains.

At the end, what I did is just possible thanks to the devs of plug-ins for modding. I always say the same: they are the real magicians. :wink:

EDIT: I'm waiting too for KE, to have -among other things- procedural clouds at Jool again :wink:

Edited by Proot

2 hours ago, Proot said:

A lot of people lately seems too used to have this mod "by pieces", so them seem to don't know how this works or what is included... :wink:
I just love Scatterer and @blackrack's work, Scatterer is in continous developing and is always improving. Scatterer is included in the current version and will be included too in the future, always with my configs and texture changes of course. I don't include anything if it's not with changes. Imho, to redistribute an active mod whitout substantial changes is not very fair with the main author.

Thanks to @OhioBob I have great enhancements for my configs in the incoming version. I'm just waiting to the Scatterer update, as the rest of us, to get compatibility with my updated terrains.

At the end, what I did is just possible thanks to the devs of plug-ins for modding. I always say the same: they are the real magicians. :wink:

EDIT: I'm waiting too for KE, to have -among other things- procedural clouds at Jool again :wink:

Awesome, im definitely looking forward to it!

18 hours ago, Proot said:

Well. I did say "everything runs" ... not that I was using each and every bit.  For compatability, at the moment KSPRC is just a pile of nice textures in my texture replacer directory.  The planets all look great.  The sun flares and skybox are there, but rather hidden by the distant object mod.  The rocket/smoke plumes were not rendering, so I removed them.  I don;t use scatterer (it hates my rig) or planetshine (just haven't bothered).  So those compatability files weren't used.

1 minute ago, theonegalen said:

For RSS, you'll probably want RVE: 

Yeah I have RVE. I'm just very impressed with KSPRC and would like to try it if it was RSS compatible.

2 hours ago, JeeF said:

Yeah I have RVE. I'm just very impressed with KSPRC and would like to try it if it was RSS compatible.

Technically you could make parts of this compatible. Things like terrain and city lights will not work with RSS due to the planet changes.

How can one tell what parts of this are compatible with the current version of KSP? I downloaded it and looked up the mods in the .ZIP file, however, it seems many of them aren't up to 1.1.2 yet. Am I missing something? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Bandus said:

How can one tell what parts of this are compatible with the current version of KSP? I downloaded it and looked up the mods in the .ZIP file, however, it seems many of them aren't up to 1.1.2 yet. Am I missing something? Thanks!

None of this pack have been updated for 1.1.2.  You can try to install them all with the most recent version of the required mods (some have tried and made it mostly work) but there are files that WILL NOT work at all (like the  .assets files) and including them in your install will break some stock functionality / textures or images (mostly due to SQUAD moving around required files between these .assets).  Also, @Proot has been working on the update for 1.1+ and, last I knew, was "close" to being finished with it.

Patience is a virtue and I'd suggest finding it in yourself to be patient until he has had a chance to pull everything together.  It will look far better once the pack is complete than it will trying to piecemeal together the .90 or 1.0 (whichever version it was Proot released his most recent version in) version into the 1.1.2 version of KSP.  Installation will also likely be simpler at that time, as you won't have to upgrade any mods to most recent, Proot usually packages them in his downloads IIRC.

I use individually updated packs and most things seem to work (sometimes I have some glitches in orbit of Kerbin). I only removed the Squad folder from TextureReplacer because I use VenStockRevamp. IIRC the only mod part that hasn't been updated yet to 1.1 is Kopernicus Expanded. Can't be long, have patience. :D

7 hours ago, Probus said:

Can you install Ven's revamp with KSPRC or will something break?

I would think you'll get screwed up textures on some of the parts, as Texture Replacer will apply Proot’s part textures to Ven’s new models. If you delete the GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\Squad folder from KSPRC, it should resolve that problem, though.

9 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

I would think you'll get screwed up textures on some of the parts, as Texture Replacer will apply Proot’s part textures to Ven’s new models. If you delete the GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\Squad folder from KSPRC, it should resolve that problem, though.

Yea ^

At one point, I painstakingly went through and deleted all the conflicting folders between KSPRC ---> Ven's textures so that I had proots textures where applicable. 

hey guys having some trouble with the volumetric clouds

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/8ikV2

the clouds from space as well as everything else in RC is fine, its just these weird effects that happen on the ground which is why i suspect it has something to do with the volumetric clouds. 

i tried removing some textures to stop it from happening but no success, still getting the same problem.

any thoughts?

1 hour ago, justspace103 said:

hey guys having some trouble with the volumetric clouds

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/8ikV2

the clouds from space as well as everything else in RC is fine, its just these weird effects that happen on the ground which is why i suspect it has something to do with the volumetric clouds. 

i tried removing some textures to stop it from happening but no success, still getting the same problem.

any thoughts?

You're using a version EVE that isn't compatible with the current release's configs.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

You're using a version EVE that isn't compatible with the current release's configs.

so i shouldnt use the most recent version of EVE for 1.1.2?

Edited by justspace103

1 minute ago, blu3wolf said:

You probably should not use KSPRC for 1.0.5 in 1.1.2 and expect its configs for 1.0.5 relevant EVE to work with EVE for 1.1.2, is I suspect more the general idea being conveyed.

yeah i knew it was a longshot :P thought id try it anyway. i figured that some other people have done the same thing with the 1.0.5 install, people who are alot more experienced in modding then i am. is there a way to try and fix the problem by just removing a texture or changing a couple lines of code?

if not ill wait until it is released for 1.1.2

My setup is Ive used SVE, and just the texture replacer textures from KSPRC. Id like to get the KSPRC terrain going as well, but if I have the KSPRC kopernicus config in gamedata that breaks SVEs EVE configs for some reason.

Edited by blu3wolf

Just now, blu3wolf said:

My setup is Ive used SVE, and just the texture replacer textures from KSPRC. Id like to get the KSPRC terrain going as well, but if I have the kopernicus config in gamedata that breaks SVEs EVE configs for some reason.

ok thanks for the suggestion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.