Proot

[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Recommended Posts

I'm using a rescale mod and noticed the clouds move way too fast. So, I went to the clouds.cfg in the KSPRC folder. For some reason, no matter what I do, they will not slow down. It even seems like they speed up sometimes. Even when I enter "0" for every value in speed & detailspeed, they will not reduce speed! Am I missing something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, lucky_jeb said:

sun flare is yellow, how to fix it?

2Z0xjzq.pngVFcTNh2.pngdfg

Scatterer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey proot,  I was working on some new ground textures for a planet pack Im working on and I noticed this strange "flickering" of the ground textures. 

 I got curious and checked ksprc and it's noticeable there too on Duna. I didn't check other bodies.  It happens when on the surface.  Here a quick video.  Do you know what could be causing this?  I was under the impression that it was caused by the AltitudeAlpha but I haven't done extensive investigating.  

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HANNIBALLA said:

Can someone recommend a video card for me? I love this mod but my current setup can't handle it even on low settings.

how much are you willing to spend? One of the best cards on the market right now, the GTX 1070, sells for roughly $379 its wipes the floor with almost anything out there minus the GTX 1080. if you want good bang for your buck, for about 100 less you can grab a GTX 980 and for even less you can get a 970 etc etc.. but remember you get what you pay for. 

obviously im an Nvidia fanboy.

Also note, KSP is very CPU intensive. if you dont have a decent CPU a good graphics card wont help all that much

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galileo said:

how much are you willing to spend? One of the best cards on the market right now, the GTX 1070, sells for roughly $379 its wipes the floor with almost anything out there minus the GTX 1080. if you want good bang for your buck, for about 100 less you can grab a GTX 980 and for even less you can get a 970 etc etc.. but remember you get what you pay for. 

obviously im an Nvidia fanboy.

Also note, KSP is very CPU intensive. if you dont have a decent CPU a good graphics card wont help all that much

I give another recommendation on the 970 - it's what I use and it's definitely enough for this (And The Division on max settings if you have a good processor) I use this card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iDInkeD06 said:

Did anyone test it with 1.2 ?

Won't work until kopernicus is updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, Galileo said:

how much are you willing to spend? One of the best cards on the market right now, the GTX 1070, sells for roughly $379 its wipes the floor with almost anything out there minus the GTX 1080. if you want good bang for your buck, for about 100 less you can grab a GTX 980 and for even less you can get a 970 etc etc.. but remember you get what you pay for. 

obviously im an Nvidia fanboy.

Also note, KSP is very CPU intensive. if you dont have a decent CPU a good graphics card wont help all that much

On 08/10/2016 at 9:58 AM, HANNIBALLA said:

Can someone recommend a video card for me? I love this mod but my current setup can't handle it even on low settings.

I have suggest the newer GTX 1060 over the older 970, if you want a cheaper option.  From what I've seen they're priced pretty much the same, but the 1060 will perform quite a bit better.

 

 

Edited by SpartanJack17
Cleanup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SpartanJack17 said:

I have suggest the newer GTX 1060 over the older 970, if you want a cheaper option.  From what I've seen they're priced pretty much the same, but the 1060 will perform quite a bit better.

 

 

I have tested the 1060 and its pretty dang good for the money. Nothing really touches the 10XX series right now in terms of bang for your buck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've installed KSPRC pack which looks awesome but it doesn't seem to be working like I've seen in other posts. I'm new to the game, am I doing something wrong? Here is what my GameData folder looks like and what it looks like in game compared to what I'm aiming for.

Am I missing something? Earth doesn't look like I was expecting to (see gif above).

Edited by 1990eam
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

I've installed KSPRC pack which looks awesome but it doesn't seem to be working like I've seen in other posts. I'm new to the game, am I doing something wrong? Here is what my GameData folder looks like and what it looks like in game compared to what I'm aiming for.

Am I missing something? Earth doesn't look like I was expecting to (see gif above).

u r missing Kopernicus (for textures) and gemfx/reshade for shaders

Edit: u needt to update the things shipped with the configs (windowshine, kopernicus, DistantObjectEnhancements, EVE, Scatterer) or wait for Proot till he updates his package for 1.2

Edit2: that's what u can actually expect w/o gemfx (mods only):

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Speadge said:

u r missing Kopernicus (for textures) and gemfx/reshade for shaders

Edit: u needt to update the things shipped with the configs (windowshine, kopernicus, DistantObjectEnhancements, EVE, Scatterer) or wait for Proot till he updates his package for 1.2

Edit2: that's what u can actually expect w/o gemfx (mods only):

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks

Thanks. I thought every component in KSPRC was updated to work with 1.2 but someone pointed out on reddit that Kopernicus had not been updated yet and that it was the cause of my problem (it was just updated anyway so it should work now).

If I use CKAN does that update everything automatically? And also, SVE is included in KSPRC right? I installed SVE to see if it worked and it did. Looks pretty awesome.

 

Edited by 1990eam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

If I use CKAN does that update everything automatically? And also, SVE is included in KSPRC right? I installed SVE to see if it worked and it did. Looks pretty awesome.

- Donno

- No, SVE and KSPRC are different mods / configs
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

Thanks. I thought every component in KSPRC was updated to work with 1.2 but someone pointed out on reddit that Kopernicus had not been updated yet and that it was the cause of my problem (it was just updated anyway so it should work now).

If I use CKAN does that update everything automatically? And also, SVE is included in KSPRC right? I installed SVE to see if it worked and it did. Looks pretty awesome.

 

No SVE is not included in KSPRC.  KSPRC has its own textures and cfgs.  You are missing out on a lot of what ksprc offers if you use SVE. Believe me I love the fact that you want to use SVE, but ksprc has its own feel and mood to it that sve doesn't capture. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Speadge said:

u r missing Kopernicus (for textures) and gemfx/reshade for shaders

Edit: u needt to update the things shipped with the configs (windowshine, kopernicus, DistantObjectEnhancements, EVE, Scatterer) or wait for Proot till he updates his package for 1.2

Edit2: that's what u can actually expect w/o gemfx (mods only):

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks

Is it fine to download Kopernicus separately and then put that in /GameData or do I have to delete the Kopernicus folder inside /GameData/KSPRC and place it there instead? And as for EVE, do I have to download the master zip file and place that in /GameData?

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

No SVE is not included in KSPRC.  KSPRC has its own textures and cfgs.  You are missing out on a lot of what ksprc offers if you use SVE. Believe me I love the fact that you want to use SVE, but ksprc has its own feel and mood to it that sve doesn't capture. 

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out how to update everything to make it work but it's being tough :)

 

 

 

Edited by 1990eam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Is it fine to download Kopernicus separately and then put that in /GameData or do I have to delete the Kopernicus folder inside /GameData/KSPRC and place it there instead? And as for EVE, do I have to download the master zip file and place that in /GameData?

u have to download ALL mods that are shipped on its own and delete them from KSPRC package. as of today all you SHOULD use from ksprc itself is in the /KSPRC folder.

Everything else within this package is not 1.2 compatible and MIGHT not work as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Speadge said:

u have to download ALL mods that are shipped on its own and delete them from KSPRC package. as of today all you SHOULD use from ksprc itself is in the /KSPRC folder.

Everything else within this package is not 1.2 compatible and MIGHT not work as intended.

Thank you again. I will do a clean install tonight and see how it works.

Do you know where to download GemFX? It's the only item I haven't found a working link for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

....
Do you know where to download GemFX? It's the only item I haven't found a working link for.

I do. Now this will look like the wrong link. But GEMFX is not exclusively built for KSP. It is a shader overlay for games. If.... When you run into issues with setup. Shoot me a PM and I'll try and help get you up and running.

GEMFX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Thank you again. I will do a clean install tonight and see how it works.

Do you know where to download GemFX? It's the only item I haven't found a working link for.

I have Kelite Kangerous on my computer, if you'd like that. it uses ReShade FX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

I have Kelite Kangerous on my computer, if you'd like that. it uses ReShade FX.

Sure. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but as long as it works it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.