[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

8 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

I have attempted to do exactly what NeoFatalis suggests to have KSPRC run on KSP v1.2.2 but I get no clouds and city lights for some reason or the other.  Any assistance with this issue is much appreciated as always.

some mods are broken for 1.2.2 and I would suggest go back to 1.2.1 if you can, (kopernicus is broken for sure so don't expect the ground textures to work) ,I don't know what about EVE in 1.2.2 but you should use this version and download just the "Release" file without the configs

Edited by NeoFatalis

3 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

some mods are broken for 1.2.2 and I would suggest go back to 1.2.1 if you can, (kopernicus is broken for sure so don't expect the ground textures to work) ,I don't know what about EVE in 1.2.2 but you should use this version and download just the "Release" file without the configs

Kopernicus updated yesterday already - so no, Kopernicus is not broken for sure. 

:) 

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

Kopernicus updated yesterday already - so no, Kopernicus is not broken for sure. 

:) 

Hello Theysen,

Where could I download the latest version of Kopernicus?  The "official" page has an older version.

I have found the latest version of Kopernicus and resolved the yellow sun issue on my own.

Kopernicus is found here:

and I had to copy the following files from an old version (found within KSP v0.7 PR 3) of the "scatterer" mod to the latest version to get the white sun flare:

sunflare.png

sunSpikes.png

I had to also copy the "suits", "heads", "EnvMap"  from the "Texture Replacer" mod (found within KSP v0.7 PR 3) to the latest version in order to get those textures to work. 

I just need to fix the visor transparency so I can see the kerbal faces better, any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by THX-1138

Hello Fellow Cosmo-Astro-Taiko-nauts!

I am running KSP v1.2.0 with the following mods:

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3 by Proot

with updated versions of:

"Texture Replacer" by shaw (MIT license / Copyright © 2013-2015 Davorin Učakar, Ryan Bray)
"Environmental Visual Enhancements" by Rbray89 (MIT license / Copyright © 2013 Ryan Bray)

"Scatterer" by blackrack (GPLv3 / Copyright © 2015 Ghassen Lahmar)

"Kopernicus" by Thomas P. with NathanKell and KillAshley (GNU GPL / Created by BryceSchroeder and Teknoman117)

"Distat Object Enhancement" by MOARdV (Creative Commons [cc-by] / Created by RInsert other media ubber Ducky)

"PlanetShine" by Valerian (Apache license 2.0 / Copyright 2014, Valerian Gaudeau)

But I have the following effects with the Kerbal suit helmet visors:

1 - The visors are not semi-transparent

2- There are "skybox" anomalies within the reflections on certain angles

I am using the "REAL" option ( reflectionType = real) instead of the "STATIC".

Your expertise and assistance on a solution in this matter is appreciated.

Respectfully,

THX-1138

full-544-130064-screenshot4.pngfull-544-130065-screenshot8.pngfull-544-130066-screenshot6.png

36 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

I'm pretty sure this was already answered for you in the texture replacer thread.  I'll repeat what that answer was.  

The artifacting in the visor, is caused by scatterer.  Nothing you or anyone else can do about it except not use scatterer. 

For the visor opacity,  go look at the different suit packs in the texture replacer OP.  There are many visors that have the transparency you are looking for and the color you want.  You just have to go look. 

My personal favorite is Green Skull suit pack or something like that.  It's on spacedock.  It has many different visor colors here is the link. 

http://spacedock.info/mod/803/Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits

Edited by Galileo

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

I'm pretty sure this was already answered for you in the texture replacer thread.  I'll repeat what that answer was.  

The artifacting in the visor, is caused by scatterer.  Nothing you or anyone else can do about it except not use scatterer. 

For the visor opacity,  go look at the different suit packs in the texture replacer OP.  There are many visors that have the transparency you are looking for and the color you want.  You just have to go look. 

My personal favorite is Green Skull suit pack or something like that.  It's on spacedock.  It has many different visor colors here is the link. 

http://spacedock.info/mod/803/Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits

They did respond but without guidance.   Your response did help me find the solution to my problem.  Thank you Galileo!

12 minutes ago, Supergamervictor said:

KSPRC grass textures and the Mun surface aren't loading. I've updated everything including Kopernicus. Any clue to fix it or is it just broken?

not until you post some logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder

Edited by Galileo

It's nice to hear that KSPRC (mostly) works with KSP 1.2.x. When it works, it's my favourite visual pack.

But here is a suggestion (and @Galileo, I hope you can give balance by explaining the disadvantages of this, so I can be a little more heavy than necessary): don't make art-pack mods that bundle everything into one package - instead, break out just the art and leave the original plugin mods as separate packages, so that when the submods update (or more usually, just some of them update), the art pack mod smoothly continues to work unless the plugin mod author foolishly breaks something the art pack depends upon.

I think this is a better spirit of co-operation than trying to make "all inclusive" packages that bitrot away.

Edited by Waz

1 minute ago, Waz said:

It's nice to hear that KSPRC (mostly) works with KSP 1.2.x.

But here is a suggestion (and @Galileo, I hope you can give balance by explaining the disadvantages of this, so I can be a little more heavy than necessary): don't make art-pack mods that bundle everything into one package - instead, break out just the art and leave the original mods as separate packages, so that when the submods update (or more usually, just some of them update), the art pack mod smoothly continues to work unless the plugin mod author foolishly breaks something the art pack depends upon.

I think this is a better spirit of co-operation than trying to make "all inclusive" packages that bitrot away.

I tried that a long time ago and i got really tired of having to explain to everyone that they needed mods X,Y,Z for mine to work. A surprisingly large amount of people don't understand the concept of dependencies. a few of my mods use your concept, but my larger projects, like GPP, have to be bundled because there is just way too much going on for me to keep track of and i don't have the patience to troubleshoot for everyone when they cant figure out why its not working.  I do intend to make SVE a stand alone mod sans EVE when i get around to updating it

Hello to all,

Here is another anomaly that I have found during my pursuit of having KSPRC run perfectly with KSP v1.2.0.  Your assistance on helping me resolve it is appreciated.  From the tracking station I see huge dark circles on planets with moons, I think it is an issue with the shadows:

full-544-130212-screenshot9.png
full-544-130213-screenshot10.png

4 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

Hello to all,

Here is another anomaly that I have found during my pursuit of having KSPRC run perfectly with KSP v1.2.0.  Your assistance on helping me resolve it is appreciated.  From the tracking station I see huge dark circles on planets with moons, I think it is an issue with the shadows:

full-544-130212-screenshot9.png
full-544-130213-screenshot10.png

Those are Scatterer's eclipses. They look weird because Scatterer's atmospheres aren't enabled in the tracking station to fade the edges. Can you visit the locations from map view and see ir the issue is still there?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

16 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

@Avera9eJoe Hello!  You are correct, this is what I get in "map" mode (see screenshots).  Is this how it should look or I should just disable this feature?  Thank you for responding.

full-544-130238-screenshot21.png
full-544-130239-screenshot23.png

D: Yeah that's not right... odd. What OS? x32 bit or x64? Any other pertinent info?

@Poodmund Hello!  Thank you for the response.  Where do I disable Eclipses within EVE?

Respectfully,

THX-1138

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

D: Yeah that's not right... odd. What OS? x32 bit or x64? Any other pertinent info?

@Avera9eJoe Hello again.  I am running Win7x64 KSPv1.2.0 with updated versions of EVE and scatterer mods over KSPRC v0.7 PR3.

@Drew Kerman Hello!  Thank you very much.  Your tip resolved the problem!

For future reference:

The "shadows.cfg" file is located within your KSPRC root folder.  I deleted the file and problem was solved.  You can still have eclipses by using the "scatterer" mod and enabling this option on it's start screen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.