Jump to content

[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]


Proot
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Notsure_jr said:

Yeah I have ksprc installed but I'm running it on 1.2.2 so let me get 1.1.2 and see how it works.

I don't recall ever saying I was on 1.1.2. I'm running 1.2.2

here is my config, drop it in and see what happens. I have modified it, just don't remember all the ways in which I did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

it works now but it still is 13 fps

yea, ok. Thanks for testing. I figured GPU performance wasn't the bottle neck here. Shame tho. Maybe they'll retool ground scatter in a future update, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Still, it has to be something really simple like the scatter objects are unable to be batched by the GPU so they're generating hundreds of extra draw calls. There should be no reason why Unity itself can't handle something like this fluidly.

One more question: did you go into the debug menu performance tab and note that the framerate seems to be locked to 13fps?

Edited by Drew Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

yea, ok. Thanks for testing. I figured GPU performance wasn't the bottle neck here. Shame tho. Maybe they'll retool ground scatter in a future update, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Still, it has to be something really simple like the scatter objects are unable to be batched by the GPU so they're generating hundreds of extra draw calls. There should be no reason why Unity itself can't handle something like this fluidly.

One more question: did you go into the debug menu performance tab and note that the framerate seems to be locked to 13fps?

yeah I went into the debug menu, it does seem to be locked at 13 fps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Notsure_jr said:

yeah I went into the debug menu, it does seem to be locked at 13 fps.

yea, I feel that's a clue as to what's happening beneath the hood but my knowledge of GPU processing is too limited to work it all out. I'm sticking to my batch call theory tho, that is a common performance bottleneck if developers don't bother to optimize how they create large amounts of repetitive 3D objects in a scene

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. I'm using the 4 head textures this mod provides - they look a bit better than the similar textures from the PimpMyKerbals mod, so I'd like to keep using them but they keep working funny for some reason. xmjq3U9.jpg

Jeb up close, looking just fine

BUhUKHD.jpg

But his head turns all stripy if you look from further away. Same problem with the 3 other heads.

Any idea how to make these textures function properly?

Edited by Adov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Hrrmm stripey textures. Are you on a Mac or are you forcing OpenGL?

Naah, Win7. And actually forcing Dx11 which was a surprise - thought I have nothing forced. Must be a legacy setting from previous installation. Gotta try turning that off.

UPD: That actually solved that:D Thanks for showing me the right direction, comrade) I believe, I had that turned on for a reason. I was planning to install KSPRC. Is there no need to force d3d11 for that these days?

Edited by Adov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anybody else having issues with KSPRC lagging the game in 1.3 a lot more than it did in 1.2 or below? I barely get 15FPS on the surface of kerbin for some reason, while everywhere else i get up to 60. in 1.1, i get at least 30FPS on the surface of kerbin. Nothing in the error log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2017 at 9:28 AM, Adov said:

Is there no need to force d3d11 for that these days?

I've never had to force DX11 for anything

20 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

Is anybody else having issues with KSPRC lagging the game in 1.3 a lot more than it did in 1.2 or below? I barely get 15FPS on the surface of kerbin for some reason, while everywhere else i get up to 60. in 1.1, i get at least 30FPS on the surface of kerbin. Nothing in the error log

KSPRC has a ton of ocean floor terrain scatter that sucks the FPS. Do you have scatter enabled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

KSPRC has a ton of ocean floor terrain scatter that sucks the FPS. Do you have scatter enabled?

Unfortunately, that didn't solve it. I fell like the configs not being updated to 1.3 is potentially the big issue, which is also probably why Eve looks like this in 1.1.x: 59ST0nS.png

And this in 1.3

:ej2NSOR.png

No config or texture changes from 1.1 to 1.3

 

EDIT: All issues have cleared up, Eve is back to normal, and im getting normal FPS again. Turns out a GTX1080, of all cards, ant handle 8x anti-aliasing :i

Edit2: Nope, still 15FPS >:(

Edited by StickyScissors
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Don't wanna be that inpatient one, but when will this be updated to 1.3.0 with ground textures working?

It works in 1.3 with the updated dependencies. There are multiple comments explaining how to do it starting 2 pages back. Its very simple. 

Spoiler

1- Install a fresh version of KSP v1.2.2 or 1.3.0 without any other mods. 

2 - Install KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that work with KSP v1.2.0 or above:

5- Run KSP v1.2.0 or 1.2.2 with only KSPRC and test if it works now.

 

Edited by Galileo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blorgon said:

How involved would it be to only use the terrain textures from this mod, and none of the other stuff?

 

 

Not very? Just remove all folders in "KSPRC" with the exception of Terrain and PluginData, leave the configs alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

Not very? Just remove all folders in "KSPRC" with the exception of Terrain and PluginData, leave the configs alone.

Actually, I just realized the game isn't using the part textures for some reason (and I realized I'd like to keep them). Could I just take those and merge them directly with the Squad folder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, blorgon said:

Actually, I just realized the game isn't using the part textures for some reason (and I realized I'd like to keep them). Could I just take those and merge them directly with the Squad folder?

No. They cfgs specify a directory in which the terrain textures must be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...