[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

6 hours ago, r4pt0r said:

Proot has not posted in a half year, hope he is ok.

He was around during summer... perhaps we won't know what he was working on for a while, but at least the 1.1.2 version ofKSPRC functions in 1.3 provided you download the latest versions of the dependencies.

I have got everything working for this great mod but I can't seem to change the default skybox. I've tried everything, even a fresh install. All the examples I've found say the same. Place the images in 'default' in TextureReplacer but I'm having no luck. 

Anyone have any idea where I could be going wrong?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, DaveyLeo10 said:

I have got everything working for this great mod but I can't seem to change the default skybox. I've tried everything, even a fresh install. All the examples I've found say the same. Place the images in 'default' in TextureReplacer but I'm having no luck. 

Anyone have any idea where I could be going wrong?

Thanks

Yeah, with this install, you don't have to put the skybox in texture replacer. In fact, I'm using texture replacer replaced and I didn't touch anything, only installed everything into my gamedata folder and I am not having a problem).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, CodeFantastic said:

I'm having trouble getting just the planet textures to work. I installed the KSPRC folder with just the terrain and pluginsdata folder, as well as Kopernicus. Am I missing something?

As you can see: this mod is very old. So it don`t work with the newest KSP.

But you can use the KSPRC-Groundtextures  with Astronomers Visual:

There is an instruction to install KSPRC

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Parts of it can be made to work in 1.4 but no one has done it, yet

No one can do it. CC-BY-NC-ND license. All we can do is update its dependencies and hope the syntax lines up with the latest versions.

12 hours ago, themaster401 said:

No one can do it. CC-BY-NC-ND license. All we can do is update its dependencies and hope the syntax lines up with the latest versions.

so maybe some people have done it they just can't release it. Gotcha. I'll be patching it up as needed once I move on to v1.4.x - just wanted to say to the original question asker it's fixable if you know what needs to be done. If not just ask for help

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, THX-1138 said:

These are the instructions (with updated links to dependencies) to make KSPRC work with KSP v1.3.0:

1- Install a fresh version of KSP v 1.3.0  without  any other mods. 

2 - Install KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3

3 - Delete the following Add-ons that KSPRC v 0.7 Pre Release 3 installed:  Texture Re-placer, Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE), Scatter, Korpernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine

4- Download and install the latest version of the following Add-ons/Mods that works with KSP v1.3.0:

5- Run KSP v1.3.0 with only KSPRC and test it.

Thanks but is there one for KSP 1.4 with the fixed Scatterer Bug?

• 2 weeks later...

So , for parts to work all you guys need to do is to move KSPRC/Texutres/Squad folder to TextureReplacer/Default folder. Also some parts textures require renaming to their current counter part. Like oscar-b fuel tank , twitch and ant engine, all wheels and legs, and gigantor xl solar array. You can find those names in actual Squad folder of the game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

please tell me there is a way to fix lag on the surface of kerbin caused by this graphics pack. Legit getting 5fps when flying low to the ground and i cant figure out why. SVE/SVT works fine and doesnt murder my fps, despite having more textures, which are also 2x the resolution, so i can only imagine its the configs but idk where to begin "fixing" them. ive tried every piece of vaguely related advice already in this thread, and have reached out elsewhere (and never got any responses) and have made no progress

Edited by StickyScissors

20 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

please tell me there is a way to fix lag on the surface of kerbin caused by this graphics pack. Legit getting 5fps when flying low to the ground and i cant figure out why. SVE/SVT works fine and doesnt murder my fps, despite having more textures, which are also 2x the resolution, so i can only imagine its the configs but idk where to begin "fixing" them. ive tried every piece of vaguely related advice already in this thread, and have reached out elsewhere (and never got any responses) and have made no progress

I've disabled the underwater scatter that helped when near the water at least. Otherwise also adjust minDetailDistance to a lower number

21 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

Hello StickyScissors,

KSPRC was never known to be a light weight KSP visual pack, quite the opposite.  Looks great but it will bring your FPS to it's knees unless you have a nice machine to run it.  Are you running KSP 1.3.1 with KSPRC?

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.